Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire Regional Discussion Thread Part 2

pottyprof

Posted

Front briefly beefed up but now fading again as it moves towards the pennines. Snizzle continuing depth between 5mm to 10mm. Forecast mentioned it turning to rain on the back edge so watch out for black ice later on which will be the main hazard.

Upgrade on the 12z NMM

Shows snow throughout for all our region :)

post-12083-0-14273500-1328377980_thumb.ppost-12083-0-43727000-1328377985_thumb.p

post-12083-0-93354200-1328377990_thumb.ppost-12083-0-61186900-1328378000_thumb.p

Those of you that want to PM me, i'm on MSN: stuff4hull@hotmail.co.uk my personal messenger is not working at the moment.

Posted

unsurprisingly the intense band of rain over the North West has weakened as it heads towards us in Leeds. Still, by the looks of GFS, this won't be the last snow we have this month!

And from looking at the latest charts I don't think what we get tonight will melt anytime soon :) I'm even thinking we might be at risk of a little snow sunday night/monday, but way too sketchy to be sure.

Posted

Quite a lot heavier here now. Should get to Leeds in half an hour?

constant moderate snow now, about 3.5cm so far.

Now that I don't think it will melt anytime soon I will be pleased to bag 7/8 cm out of this :) Although a little less than I previously wanted.

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted

Don't think we've anything like that, but it's quite heavy now. However, it doesn't look like there's that much more to come...

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well slowly the view across the city is disappearing so snizzle turning to more light snow possible mod snow and the road is finally getting covered. We should actually record an ice day today which is a rare event as well.

Posted

Evening all

Here in Kyme Nr Boston we have moderate snow with gusty winds blowing. Its been snowing for the past half hour and already the covering has filled where yesterdays snow had melted.

More reports through the evening..

LO

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Quite a lot heavier here now. Should get to Leeds in half an hour?

Good although we already have the heaviest snow so far.

Posted

Just thought I'd let people in central north yorkshire/west yorkshire know that we have had a couple of hours of very heavy snow as the front has pepped up over this region. The heavy precip is due to track southeastwards - anywhere along the A65 corridor should see some preety decent snow in the next hour or so, this filtering into west/south yorkshire thereafter - if it maintains its intensity of course.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Yeah, looks like the heavy snow about to come will be it for the night

Posted

Snow has been very light here since 3pm have a covering, but geared myself up over last 24 hours for something quite exciting think its time to close the curtains and just give up! :( :( :( South yorkshire was tipped to do very well to

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

Snow has been very light here since 3pm have a covering, but geared myself up over last 24 hours for something quite exciting think its time to close the curtains and just give up! :( :( :( South yorkshire was tipped to do very well to

Yes very poor still here in South Sheffield ...its just not sticking at all (very sleety) still a couple of hours left ...you never know!!!

Posted

The heaviest of the snow won,t have got with you yet.

Posted

Well, I reckon the guy at the end of the road is gonna have to dig himself out in the morning while I cut the grass! Steady moderate snowfall but it just won't stick to the ground in this wind!!

Posted

How is everybody getting sleet.

Moderate snow in Leeds.

Posted

5 hours of snow now

must be well over an inch on flat surfaces

quite moderate but still only small flakes

have taken photo's as the day has gone on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Just been to the shop and its pathetic lol, 2mm at most, all getting blown about so looks good just not as much as i was expecting.