Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire Regional Discussion Thread Part 2

pottyprof

Posted

How is everybody getting sleet.

Moderate snow in Leeds.

I dont know but its annoying lol its just "fine snow" and has been for 3 hours!! really hope it picks up the radar is showing some nice juicy showers heading this way lets hope it picks up! still a few others to go before it moves down south

Posted

Kids just come in from mucking about in the white stuff, just meausured depth and just under 4 inches in Church Fenton already!! Still moderate but a bit heavier than say an hour or so ago.

Posted

How is everybody getting sleet.

Moderate snow in Leeds.

Its quite common under frontal snow for Leeds to see snow while nearby areas (Sheffield etc) seeing rain or sleet.

Must be that we are further north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lindley Huddersfield, snowing now small flakes and winds picking up. About 5 mm so far.

Posted

Kids just come in from mucking about in the white stuff, just meausured depth and just under 4 inches in Church Fenton already!! Still moderate but a bit heavier than say an hour or so ago.

CF is east Leeds of by about 10 miles and I haven't seen anything particularly heavy on the radar.

Thats some exceptionally localized snowfall.

:)

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted

Its quite common under frontal snow for Leeds to see snow while nearby areas (Sheffield etc) seeing rain or sleet.

Its snow here, but then i am 200m asl.

Posted

Not in this instance .... Just finer (so may look like sleet) here as we are receiving lighter precipitation ... Temperature still -2.1 here in SE Sheff albeit I'm at around 190m asl but still a relatively urban area.

Edited by Andy_Calafell_Sheffield

Posted
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale

Just thought I'd let people in central north yorkshire/west yorkshire know that we have had a couple of hours of very heavy snow as the front has pepped up over this region. The heavy precip is due to track southeastwards - anywhere along the A65 corridor should see some preety decent snow in the next hour or so, this filtering into west/south yorkshire thereafter - if it maintains its intensity of course.

Yes Damian, we have had about 3cm in the last hour.

Good luck everbody.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Appear to be in a drier patch here..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Well it seems East Leeds has done amazingly well today- looking at the radar it does seem to have been more intense throughout as its passed leeds and I'm not far off the 10cm mark already- no exaggeration i promise! These three videos (apologies if they haven't come out too smoothly) were taken an hour ago about half past 5 and its been constant and heavy ever since. Looking forward to the grand total whatever that may be!

bb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Pretty much a non event in Barnsley so far. Hoping something more intense is on its way!

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

SNOW finally - but its here with a revengance already 3 cm's in less than 20 minutes. Thanks to the Freezing rain we had since about 1:30 / 2pm it has instantly settled

Amazing really as the temp has only droped from 0.1 to be -0.1 and straight switch to snow instead of rain

Location btw: Is south of Skipton, is really amazing what just a few miles north means in terms of it snowing since afternoon.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Banging it down now! snow being wipped all over the place due to the wind and strangely blowing from east to west still.

It's surface versus upper.

All day xcweather has reported Leeds having SE winds rather than the S or SW winds in the upper atmosphere.

I recall a similar situation last winter where in the height of the Dec 10 cold spell there was a massive batch of showers looking to move inland on a NE wind however they never made it more than a mile inland because surface winds were NW.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Getting heavier here as well road now covered guess just over a cm on the level. Drifting though in the breeze.