Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Short sleet shower about 30mins ago that quickly dissipated within about 5mins. Really hope that isn't it...

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

Sleeting and with more snowflakes mixed in here in Dronfield where has that come from :search:

Did'nt think we were expecting anything today ..im just down road from you nr Eckington

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

The sky here certainly has that lovely pink glow that means snow is near :D :D

Posted

Temps around 1.5 just had some really heavy wet snow covered the cars just outside of Leeds was bad for a while still coming down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

Temps around 1.5 just had some really heavy wet snow covered the cars just outside of Leeds was bad for a while still coming down!

Hope its on its way here :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Snowing at Fox House in Sheffield it was raining at holmesfield when i went past but when i came back it was sleeting and turning to Snow so hopefully we may see some in Dronfield just need the temp to drop abit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

when exactly are the severe overnight frosts supposed to arrive? 0.3c here at the moment and cloudy and a still a slight breeze.. if this is the general theme for the next week then where exactly are the cold temperatures supposed to be coming from?

Posted

Morning all

Cold and frosty in south Yorkshire this morning, after watching Weather View in early hours of this morning again the forecaster has said bitterly cold with harsh frosts overnight but not much in the way of snow :( but from spending alot of time in the model thread there is early signs this weekend coming could be a snow event! how sure am I, 50/50 but who knows, unless the bbc know something we don't..... but I tend to believe people more on this forum than BBC weather who have got things wrong in the past, but if anyone would like to make me happy then tell me my hunch of a snow event is true lol go ahead! :good:

Posted

Morning all

Cold and frosty in south Yorkshire this morning, after watching Weather View in early hours of this morning again the forecaster has said bitterly cold with harsh frosts overnight but not much in the way of snow :( but from spending alot of time in the model thread there is early signs this weekend coming could be a snow event! how sure am I, 50/50 but who knows, unless the bbc know something we don't..... but I tend to believe people more on this forum than BBC weather who have got things wrong in the past, but if anyone would like to make me happy then tell me my hunch of a snow event is true lol go ahead! :good:

Chilly, grey and damp here after ice on the cars earlier, does anyone know whats happening to the showers coming in over the North sea?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Chilly, grey and damp here after ice on the cars earlier, does anyone know whats happening to the showers coming in over the North sea?

if you believe what u read on the model output discussion then there headding to the south east with every other bit of weather around the country!! hahaha!!

Posted

Heavy graupel here at the moment, the first day of sleet/snow falling of winter 2011/12. :)

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Trough like feature in the flow just coming into Hull, looks too patchy and weak for us though..

10.png

Posted

Heavy graupel here at the moment, the first day of sleet/snow falling of winter 2011/12. :)

Really? I got snow twice in December and once in January (showers).

Posted

Just had a fairly decent snow shower. Didn't lay, surface temps too high. MO forecast sleet showers followed by light snow here in't Boro tonight :).

Posted

Really? I got snow twice in December and once in January (showers).

All of the sleet/snow so far this winter has been from polar maritime north-westerlies. We're far too sheltered from the west here for anything to affect us from that direction. Most days were just clear and sunny!

Posted

Fair enough.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Good news is that we have some light showery stuff inbound from York southward.

South Yorkshire will likely do the best although precipitation looks light.

Posted

Yep same here Cheese Rice. Light stuff blowing around in the wind.

Significant drop in temperature and feeling since this morning too.

Plenty of security light outside my conservatory watching instead of lamposts for me...although the band is very slim its a start.. :D

Edited by NW Leeds Russ

Posted

Well we have alot to look forward too. Expect to see snow showers forming around Wednesday afternoon. Although I'm not sure whether they will push inland I'm certain we will see high levels of convection over the North Sea. East coast looks best placed for sure, but if they can push far enough inland then we will do well.

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted

Snowing in Leeds City Centre!