Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I always thought you were in Durham but I see you moved to Notts :D Welcome to the Midlands my friend, lets hope you brought the snow with you from what you are used to getting in Durham :winky:

Thanks Andy!

It wasn't by choice that I moved here believe me, but I like it so far. I actually have a better chance of snow this weekend than if I was in Durham so I'm not complaining.

I'm also hoping for some much better storms in the summer, that should be one good benefit of living here.

Me and my gf are planning a late night walk along the Trent on Saturday night if it snows, I'm pleased she's as mad as me, I can't wait!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I love the fact that on Tuesday another front joins in on the fun :D

Indeed, given the battle this cold is showing I wouldnt be surprised to see Tuesday go the same way as this weekend now. :)

Posted

Indeed, given the battle this cold is showing I wouldnt be surprised to see Tuesday go the same way as this weekend now. :)

Do you think it will snow in the West midlands area along the A449 corridor Blizzards?

Posted

well just in from work, and spent 30mins reading midlands thread, fantastic stuff. As many have said this cold pool is fighting all the way.

should be all snow for my location, although I remember the fiasco last year when at t12 it was all snow, and here we had 10 mins of torrential ice crystals then rain, what a let down

looks diffrent this year, colder 850s in place before event, definately colder at the surface, wind flow of the continent, etc, etc. To be honest all in the midlands should see some snow, history in these types of events tells me the cold air will dig in

Im, hoping for 0 to 15cms.

:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Do you think it will snow in the West midlands area along the A449 corridor Blizzards?

Yep. At the worst it will be a good period of snow followed by some rain/sleet but given latest trends there is increasing potential and confidence in an all snow event pretty much for about 4-8cm id say.

Posted

GFS 12s showing ppn from 15z through to 03z nearly 13 to 14 hours of (snow??)

850s start at -3 to -4 and during the ealry hours the 850s move to -4 to -5, for most of region. Ground temps start at 0 to 1 and finish at -2 to -3 by 03z.

(of course this is all based on tonights gfs12 run). BUT, still looks very good for many. Just waiting for ecm run later.