Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia And The Three Counties Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hi, anyone near stevenage ?? id like to check the temp showing on my weather station please.

Try this....

http://www.wundergro...:00000.23.03673

Posted

and just think i went into homebase last sunday and the womem said what do you know i dont i got a snow spade all i said is im a model watcher and i know what coming i hope!!

Be very careful if you end up using it ....I saw this earlier today....

post-10773-0-02779100-1328041498_thumb.j

....those snow shovels can be pretty dangerous :ph34r:

Posted

saw this in the london thread it looking good for the weekend if all depends how far the frount comes our way to reg snow

http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#type=temp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Well I'm liking the BBC forecast for what COULD happen over the weekend!! I really do hope the cold wins out, I went and got a snow shovel today as well :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

God id love it if the front stalls over us . Its been a long time coming for our WHOLE region to get a pasting.The stalling front is a rare beast and a forecasters nightmare.I feel then this thread will go nuts.The only worry is 1 we need to see better alignment not the ne/sw alignment we are seeing at the mo, 2 hope the front actually reaches us!

Posted

Here is the link to a very good analysis from the MOD thread. Note OMM, is hinting at possible disturbances before the main event, so this proves there are clearly a lot of options on the table. So if at first, it is not the snow that is the main talking point, it will certainly be the COLD. :cold:

http://forum.netweat...ost__p__2234737

We must take each day as it comes for now as the differing models are all over the place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Here is the link to a very good analysis from the MOD thread. Note OMM, is hinting at possible disturbances before the main event, so this proves there are clearly a lot of options on the table. So if at first, it is not the snow that is the main talking point, it will certainly be the COLD. :cold:

http://forum.netweat...ost__p__2234737

We must take each day as it comes for now as the differing models are all over the place.

Yep,Also news at ten are just about to show news from the beast from the east hitting us.

Posted

Yep,Also news at ten are just about to show news from the beast from the east hitting us.

Yes, just watched that silver line - a minimum of -6 to look forward to .....Brrrrrrrrrrr :cold:

It's -1.1 °C here now and that feels cold enough !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost
Created a snow forecast map, looking at the model data there is the risk of snow showers setting up from the North sea from Thursday early hours(if they fire up earlier than expected we would be looking at wednesday night late-tonight, but the risk rises really into thursday morning and afternoon, although the models indicate more potential into EA i would expect some swing across the SE, the increase in convective activity on friday looks like more widespread snow showers, the chances are only lighter precipitation would materialise through the first risk period(thursday)but things can change! its hard to pin point this stuff but the increasing chance of snow is there through thursday/friday, at the moment a drier air slot is around and this lasting though wednesday(today) with sunny skies! then cloud increasing as we go into the night time.

Just posted this in the SE thread, below is the map, thought you might be interested!

post-11361-0-16402600-1328074307_thumb.g

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Yes, just watched that silver line - a minimum of -6 to look forward to .....Brrrrrrrrrrr :cold:

It's -1.1 °C here now and that feels cold enough !

Yep very cold,Good chance of snow for tomorrow though as ESS posted,Just hope this atlantic shot kicking in over weekend becomes even shorter (non exsistant) sounds better. Anyway let see what happens. Be carefull out and about everyone.

SL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Just posted this in the SE thread, below is the map, thought you might be interested!

post-11361-0-16402600-1328074307_thumb.g

and this too

this may be a good place to observe developements /disturbances over the coming day or so - it's a 'flash' animation fot the last 24 hrs - give it time to load and use the slider

http://www.yr.no/sat..._animasjon.html

quite interesting to see the flow off Norway at present

Posted

Morning peoples of the EA & 3C region, and a very chilly one it is too...

-3.1c here at the moment and according to the press it's going to be -11 soon and 2,000 of us are going to die....

post-10773-0-62009000-1328085324_thumb.j

....nothing like starting the day with a bit of cheery news :rolleyes:

Posted

post-10773-0-06692700-1328086218.gif

Great snow forecast map and post by ESS here…

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72410-london-and-the-south-east-regional-discussion-thread-part-3/page__view__findpost__p__2235509

….showing a risk of show showers for EA setting up from the North sea tomorrow evening onwards.....

.....meantime lets enjoy a lovely clear crisp day :angel:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

Temperature 1c and a very nasty wind chill of minus 4c. Superb clear blue skies though. Just back from an early morning walk along the beach and not a cloud in sight. North Sea is rather choppy.

Posted

Thought there might be a little more Interest in this thread. Latest Higher Resolution Models showing an increased risk for Showers hitting the more Northern Parts of the region from later tonight and certainly through Thursday and Friday. Could even be the fabled Wash Streamer tomorrow, that should keep Teits Happy :clapping:

Posted

lets hope john hammond doing the weather this afternoon !! watched carol k this morning did,nt even mention the weekend fun and games, going back to the models dont think the models know what going to happen to me f1 now friday !!

Posted

Chris Fawkes just said on latest beeb forecast on N24 " significant snow moving into the East on Friday - with focus over our region :-)

He also confirmed big concerns for weekends snow. If the front doesn't pull away to the SE some very significant snow to come

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Morning peoples of the EA & 3C region, and a very chilly one it is too...

For the next couple of days the name of the region changes to the EA & -3C region :)

Got to say my optimism has drained. I suspect this weill all be over by sunday evening with barely a whimper....and that, as we go further into the month, our thoughts will be more in tune with the onset of Spring rather than the last hurrah of Winter.

Except if the big island volcano in Alaska that's currently bubbling away erupts! That might change things! :)

Posted

Chris Fawkes just said on latest beeb forecast on N24 " significant snow moving into the East on Friday - with focus over our region :-)

He also confirmed big concerns for weekends snow. If the front doesn't pull away to the SE some very significant snow to come

I am surprised by this as normally the Met Office would give some kind of yellow warning a couple of days in advance of heavy snow. If it doesnt happen I think I may be to blame as I was fairly confident of heavy snow this week so I got a sledge for my daughter and I so maybe i Jinxed it. Doesnt seem to take a lot to change the daily outputs this week so maybe it was all me.

Posted

....... I was fairly confident of heavy snow this week so I got a sledge for my daughter and I so maybe i Jinxed it. Doesnt seem to take a lot to change the daily outputs this week so maybe it was all me.

Well if it doesn't happen now at least we know who to blame :p

post-10773-0-48395100-1328105893_thumb.j

:lol:

Posted

Don't blame the Met Office for not issuing a Yellow warning yet, still way too much uncertainty about the set-up to put out that sort of warning.

Anyway NMM is suggesting a Wash Streamer develops, maybe a smidge north for most of this area on Thursday but the flow looks interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if several cms fall tomorrow eveing near the Wash.

Posted

Well if it doesn't happen now at least we know who to blame :p

post-10773-0-48395100-1328105893_thumb.j

:lol:

Thats fine however I could just blame my daughter who has just got Chicken Pox, maybe she has delayed the snow until she is better so she can play in it......never underestimate the power of an 18 month old baby.

Some of the more experience people on the Confused/Off topicThread(Also known as The Model Discussion Thread) are predicting that we will have some nice snow this weekend so there is still hope yet.

Don't blame the Met Office for not issuing a Yellow warning yet, still way too much uncertainty about the set-up to put out that sort of warning.

Anyway NMM is suggesting a Wash Streamer develops, maybe a smidge north for most of this area on Thursday but the flow looks interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if several cms fall tomorrow eveing near the Wash.

Not blaming anyone its just that normally the Met Office are fairly prompt with warnings when there is any hint of a risk.

Posted

Thats fine however I could just blame my daughter who has just got Chicken Pox, maybe she has delayed the snow until she is better so she can play in it......never underestimate the power of an 18 month old baby.

Poor luv, hope she gets better soon - at least it's not hot (just makes the spots more itchy) :angel:

Anyway I've just seen a great clip that Coast posted in the London & SE thread, so if all else fails I suggest we build ourselves a time machine and go back to February 1991 and relive the riches of that.....

Edited by MKsnowangel