Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia And The Three Counties Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

0z NAE charts for Saturday 6pm and midnight Sunday:

T+42: http://expert-images...020418_0300.gif

T+48: http://expert-images...020500_0300.gif

NAE shows snow for all as the front moves east. GFS 0z does appear to show this as an all snow event, though any shift east may be bad (may result in a snow-rain transition) Nearer to the time, I think it will be important to watch the dewpoints. This will change however, and really it will come down to now-casting and radar watching on Saturday night!

How are you Ben, I agree your post just sums up entire situation. Still all to play for, a few twist's on the way. However the way the general cold pattern is going if some miss out there should be some more fun next week.

Posted

How are you Ben, I agree your post just sums up entire situation. Still all to play for, a few twist's on the way. However the way the general cold pattern is going if some miss out there should be some more fun next week.

I'm good thanks SL, you?

Hopefully we can all see some snow from this event. We are going to retain a cold continental flow next week so there is a risk of more snow events next week. Say we all have snow cover (I''ll try not to jinx it! ;) ) then next week could be another cold one due to the snowcover!

Posted

Saturday nite the dew points look like being around -2 here on the coast, and with on shore wind the temp here will prob be around 2c, and uppers look only -5 so maybe borderline for snow here on coast, maybe if it gets heavy it be ok? tonights snow event looking like non event as looks like the snow over holland going to miss us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Saturday nite the dew points look like being around -2 here on the coast, and with on shore wind the temp here will prob be around 2c, and uppers look only -5 so maybe borderline for snow here on coast, maybe if it gets heavy it be ok? tonights snow event looking like non event as looks like the snow over holland going to miss us.

I would not discount anything at the moment, it could all be a different picture this afternoon and evening, look what happend in 2010 with the thames streamer.

SL

Posted

TEITS, has is settled at your end of the world?  No signs of anything this side (towards the A1) xxx

Same here but wasn't expecting anything.Good to see we are still on for snow, NAE looks good and MO going for heavy snow 9pm till 3AM and light snow till 6AM sunday morning, now that we are within 48 hours I am getting a little excited, could still not come off for us though.

Edited by Hughsey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thought I would just pop this in here. Shows Sat/Sun snow, looks like snow to rain for us further south.

Meanwhile Dave (TEITS), has snow for his front garden but rain in the back! :lol:

http://www.meteox.co.uk/forecastloop.aspx?type=1

Looks like the majority of you should be ok.

Bit concerned for us further south now, all knife-edge stuff.

Very rare to have all frontal snow south of the Thames corridor.

Best of luck, to you all.

Regards,

Tom