Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia And The Three Counties Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Looking at some post and charts it seems to be missing Peterborough over the weekend :0(

I no its hard to say but will the Peterborough snow shield stay strong again this time ?

Quite probably!!! lol xxx

Posted

Just reading the M.O.D. thread. It's moving East, West, North West. Crumbs it's like pin the tail on the donkey. :D

About a 50 mile shift east on the GFS 18z compared to the GFS 12z! :p

Very cold here. Currently -4.4C, could easily get down to -6/-7C tonight. And no doubt the GFS and the other models will of moved the position of the front again on the morning runs. :lol:

Posted

About a 50 mile shift east on the GFS 18z compared to the GFS 12z! :p

Very cold here. Currently -4.4C, could easily get down to -6/-7C tonight. And no doubt the GFS and the other models will of moved the position of the front again on the morning runs. :lol:

Freezing here too. I bet it will have moved 54 miles further west this time tomorrow. :D

Posted

OMG not again — just on the eastern edge of where it goes from dark pink to light pink. I know this of old — watching the dark pink splodges drift by 3 miles away. I think I'd rather get nothing at all with no hope of anything.

We had this in Norwich a couple of years ago when the press published that lovely picture of the UK, no cloud cover and just white snow for 99%......except the top right hand corner of east anglia where Norwich is, which was green. Amazing that we had a dusting when lots of the UK were buried under the stuff. I always think Norwich is a funny place for snow - sometimes too far inland for coastal snow, sometimes too far east for inland snow. Ah lets see what the next few days brings!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Contrary to popular belief the MOD thread hasn't made all the snow go away yet.. it's still coming, I can feel it in my bones.. oh and all the birds had nicked all the berries off our Pyrancanthas last week (-:

Posted

There is a lot of hope casting continuing in the mod disc. thread being passed off as real forecasting, when in reality we are all still non the wiser as to amounts/timing/placement etc

I think given consistency over the last few days, barring a huge shift west in the block, this region will see snowfall...perhaps sooner than expected depending on what happens with the north sea fronts tomorrow night too....but totals and placement will go down to radar watching. So many unknowns....frontal interaction, triple point development, running into dry continental air.

Its safe to say its about as complex situation as is really possible in this country

SK

Posted

Just to put your minds at ease but if you look at all the output today this regions continues to be in the firing zone. My only concern at the moment is those in the extreme E i.e Norwich who might see the front weaken considerably.

The radar tonight is looking impressive around the wash!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Just to put your minds at ease but if you look at all the output today this regions continues to be in the firing zone. My only concern at the moment is those in the extreme E i.e Norwich who might see the front weaken considerably.

Why is this thread so quiet, you have a Wash streamer inbound!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

Still in the wrong place for most of us in EA...Cambs and Lincs northwards could do well out of this one though. The same streamer event was in place over the wash last night as well. I don't understand why nothing seems to come in over the far eastern coasts of Norfolk and Suffolk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter / snow

I'm to far East to catch the Wash streamer, looks like they should get a good dusting from it, getting fairly well inland to looking at the radar

Posted

At last its finally snowing.

Heavy? Light?

We need details and pictures!!!!!!!!!!

Apologies, the radar has excited me far too much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

congtatulations and knowing that its not going to melt for some time must make it even better :)

Edited by thunderman24

Posted

congtatulations and knowing that its not going to melt for some time must make it even better :)

Knowing that it will be topped up on Saturday night must be even better than that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

this precip has some leggs on it and the echos east of sunderland are looking beefy.

a lot of people are going to wake up to a nice surprise come morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

I'm so close, yet so far here in St Ives for this Wash Streamer - I don't think it will make it here. Temps have risen slightly here tho, that's why I checked the radar! Looks like Peterborough only just in the firing line.

Edited by Mark Burton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

There's something I don't understand - on the satellite we have cloud over us feeding in from the N Sea and it has clouded over, but no snow on the radar at all. The other thing I don't get is why does the convection occur in one area and not another of the sea? It came from the same area last night as tonight.

Posted

Topography is to blame.

For shower development you need moisture and the Wash sticks in so that the moisture is channeled.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

post-11361-0-90781400-1328248899_thumb.g

from the SE thread my post..

The Frontal snow event saturday into sunday.. and quite possibly lasting longer than the weekend..

One precipitation model NAE shows significant snowfall across the EA/SE, in fact looking like we should all get snowed in.. GFS appears to have it snowing forever from saturday night when it all starts, i think now we can be sure that we would see snowfall on the ground by sunday, how much exactly is just not predictable at this range, it could be some places get more than expected-this happens.

But before the main event everyones is talking about there is something else springing up from the North Sea-well it should do! if it does not appear dont blame me! really this feature running down the North Sea is looking rather interesting, how much snow falls in Kent/EA i cant really say, but i would expect quite a few cms if the weather system moves close enough, it could just skim the coast(east side) so be aware snow fans it could be a brusher, but it does seem something interesting is building up, this being later friday into saturday, i have drawn up a map to indicate where i think would see snow from this feature.

Inland towards the pink box is low risk-but potential is there, the blue box is the high risk zone and thats most likely where events would happen being nearer the coast

post-11361-0-35479400-1328244626_thumb.g

(i might be to busy to do another map for the weekend frontal snow event, but i hope to be reading though and post when i can do!)

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

At last its finally snowing.

TEITS, has is settled at your end of the world? No signs of anything this side (towards the A1) xxx

Posted

0z NAE charts for Saturday 6pm and midnight Sunday:

T+42: http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2012/02/03/basis00/ukuk/prty/12020418_0300.gif

T+48: http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2012/02/03/basis00/ukuk/prty/12020500_0300.gif

NAE shows snow for all as the front moves east. GFS 0z does appear to show this as an all snow event, though any shift east may be bad (may result in a snow-rain transition) Nearer to the time, I think it will be important to watch the dewpoints. This will change however, and really it will come down to now-casting and radar watching on Saturday night!