Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia And The Three Counties Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

It'd be so light nothing'd come of it though, same for me up near the coast just not cold enough (yet)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Its all coming down as rain anyway so I wouldn't be too concerned!

Dewpoints are 1ºC — not enough, but further SW inland they're —2º. Maybe tonight they'll fall.

Posted

Metoffice refusing to accpet that the easterly will even bring any snow showers! Surely -12 uppers over +8C waters creating a 20C differntial will be enough!! The below is from the 1530 update, surely they will end up with egg on their face!

After overnight frost, Wednesday is expected to be dry with rather more sunshine. Thursday is likely to be cloudier but dry before a brighter day again Friday. Generally cold throughout.

Posted

With a temp of 3 degrees and -0.5 DP, conditions are quite good atm but obviously no showers around and doubt there will be any around tonight.

A larger shower has fired up in the wash so will be interesting to see how far this one gets inland before fizzling out.

Posted

some they dark clouds here in ipswich at the moment!!!

Posted

Meto update goes against their own fax which show an occluded front over the area also latest GFS shows precip over our area tommorow.

post-2036-0-22144100-1327939719_thumb.pn

post-2036-0-07175900-1327939728_thumb.pn

Posted

The MetO are driving me nuts, i'm sure they have their reasons but I hope the info being put out to the councils is a little less bullish otherwise we're going to be in big trouble if we do get a snowfest

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Paul, January 30, 2012 - Removed due to copyright
Hidden by Paul, January 30, 2012 - Removed due to copyright

The MetO are driving me nuts, i'm sure they have their reasons but I hope the info being put out to the councils is a little less bullish otherwise we're going to be in big trouble if we do get a snowfest

This is what they are telling them in Norfolk.

Next 24hrs...

A generally cloudy afternooon but a few bright or sunny spells possible - the odd light snow flurry or snow grains possible. Overnight, generally cloudy but a few clearer spells may develop at times. Once again, a few light snow flurries or snow grains possible. RSTs rather erratic under the low cloud but falling below zero in places, mainly where any cloud breaks occur - icy patches in seepage areas, and where any light snow flurries occur. Further light snow flurries tomorrow morning.

Next 5 days...

Tuesday afternoon looks like being mostly cloudy and cold. It will be generally dry but the odd light snow shower is possible. Overnight, remaining mainly cloudy and cold with occasional light snow showers. Sunshine looks like becoming more widespread on Wednesday. Overnight, long clear spells with RSTs well below zero although a few snow showers possible later. Remaining cold through the end of the week with widespread, sharp overnight frosts. A few snow showers too, especially on Thursday, when local accumulations are possible.

Nothing to spectacular really...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

The few showers here today that have fallen, have been wintry, which is a good sign!

and a few more popping up on the radar right now - very light but it is something (-:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Moderate snowfall here in Sudbury. Cars and pavements covered.

Posted

I wish they would only open the model thread once a run has fully finished!!! as somebody that has not got a clue about the charts its very confusing, we get people posting early on in the run saying winters over, and then later on in the run, WOW best run for the last few days!! maybe have a thread for each run and then only open it at the end of the run, so people can comment on the whole run not just few charts!! At the moment as far as i can make out, on Saturday i will be going to work in T shirt and shorts but also taking a suitcase with all my thermals, gloves, hat and scarve in, just in case!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

The few showers here today that have fallen, have been wintry, which is a good sign!

Ahhh The main man How are you. Very poor winter so far mate but hopefull for this week.

SL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

I wish they would only open the model thread once a run has fully finished!!! as somebody that has not got a clue about the charts its very confusing, we get people posting early on in the run saying winters over, and then later on in the run, WOW best run for the last few days!! maybe have a thread for each run and then only open it at the end of the run, so people can comment on the whole run not just few charts!! At the moment as far as i can make out, on Saturday i will be going to work in T shirt and shorts but also taking a suitcase with all my thermals, gloves, hat and scarve in, just in case!!

Post it the model mood thread aswell. The mods will pick it up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Interesting suggestion Andy...I've passed your comments on in the moderators section to see what the powers that be think !

Posted

Why not view the runs yourself then go to the model thread to compare your views against others. Or just wait until after the run comes out to go in there? At the moment FI is 72hrs and with different models churning out at the same time they are showing different things hence the confusion

Posted

A FB friend to the North of the city says "it's bloody snowing" Why do you bestow snow on the haters Snow Gods? Why do you hate me so?

(No snow here in the south of Peterborough) xxx

Posted

Why not view the runs yourself then go to the model thread to compare your views against others. Or just wait until after the run comes out to go in there? At the moment FI is 72hrs and with different models churning out at the same time they are showing different things hence the confusion

Tim, iam not having a go at anyone, or the model thread, I just find it frustrating with certain posters commenting on every chart like a yoyo, I have no idea what I am looking at or looking for,

I just think that if we let the whole run finish and let people comment at the end, it will stop the bickering and people like me can make a judgement on their take on the run

Edited by Andy H

Posted

Sorry to say mrsf that south of Peterborough has seen some snow as well. Had a 10 minute snow shower, wasn't really heavy enough to settle but hopefully some more to come tonight.