Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia And The Three Counties Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

It always seems like Lowestoft misses out. Funny really considering we are as far east as it gets!

EDIT : Spoke to soon. Come over very dark all of a sudden with very light snow falling :clapping:

Edited by Ian Suffolk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

Icy rain here on the cliffs at North Lowestoft. Temperature 3c and falling. Incredibly light winds for these parts.

Posted

It always seems like Lowestoft misses out. Funny really considering we are as far east as it gets!

EDIT : Spoke to soon. Come over very dark all of a sudden with very light snow falling :clapping:

My thoughts exactly, all this talk of convection and coastal towns could get it and yet the most Easterly town in the UK gets missed quite alot.

Posted

Just had some drizzle today. I have a sneaking suspicion Lowestoft is going to be in the middle of the snowless alley again this year. All this talk of Thames Streamers and Kent getting pasted in the model thread is depressing me.

I have meetings in Essex in the middle of that, bit worried I won't get back home, although being snowed in at a hotel might be a bit exciting............

Posted

i'm not sure if it is here or not, something is falling but its barely visible.

Posted

Been "snizzling" in Lynn all morning

Seems to be quite a lot of precipitation about today. Very sleety though in West Norfolk at the moment, could be more interesting as tempertures drop in the evening if it keeps it up.

Edited by JJB McCabe-deluxe edition

Posted

I have meetings in Essex in the middle of that, bit worried I won't get back home, although being snowed in at a hotel might be a bit exciting............

I'd take the hotel option personally. Mind you I'm a major coldie if it wasn't so remote I'd move to Lapland or Siberia, actually might do Lapland for the whole 'home of Santa' bit :p.

Posted

It looks like dusk has decided to arrive early in Lowestoft today. 13.32pm and it looks like night time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

Wintry precipitation has yet to reach my end of Lowestoft yet, it's overcast but not snowy :(.

I'm at the north end and its the same really, there was a very light (and I mean VERY light) shower around 30 mins ago but its hardly worth mentioning. It looks like the coast from the Wash upwards are getting all the fun again, even though that weak occlusion is over us as well. The Metoffice is showing light showers tonight but I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

Posted

I'm at the north end and its the same really, there was a very light (and I mean VERY light) shower around 30 mins ago but its hardly worth mentioning. It looks like the coast from the Wash upwards are getting all the fun again, even though that weak occlusion is over us as well. The Metoffice is showing light showers tonight but I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

Ah, well hopefully we get some decent stuff, I could sum up last winter's snowfall to a handful of dustings and one heavyish 1 hour spell, whilst everyone else was celebrating being dumped on, was not a happy chap.

Posted

According to the Met Office after this horrible murky damp day we should be in for some wall to wall sunshine from Tuesday afternoon until Friday afternoon. So cold bright and frosty. Perfect.

Posted

Oh look, you can see the Norwich Triangular snow shield in place

http://cdn.nwstatic....2/06/ukprec.png

Its all coming down as rain anyway so I wouldn't be too concerned!