Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia And The Three Counties Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

I've read it a few times, but....nope. Any clues, gratefully received.

LOL OON. Love the sense of humour.

Posted

Interesting:

U18-594.GIF?30-06

Quite a few wintry shower symbols around the east coast over the next couple of days, looks like the chance of a dusting of snow for some near the coast tonight

Edited by Hughsey

Posted

A few flakes blowing around in the breeze this morning on the North Norfolk coast, very heavy dark skies as well could be an interesting day, would love Jim Bacon to be wrong after listening to him yesterday morning :rofl:

Posted

Don't forget the radar isn't infallible and of course if convection starts those showers won't give up much warning on the radar before starting. Anyway I shall be firmly keeping my fingers crossed

Posted

Don't forget the radar isn't infallible and of course if convection starts those showers won't give up much warning on the radar before starting. Anyway I shall be firmly keeping my fingers crossed

Yep sure, sometimes you can get light flurrys without anything on the radar and yes they could very well start beefing up however im not sure it will be the case this morning anyway. Keeping my fingers crossed though. I really love the netweather Radar at this time of year its well worth paying for.

PS - Just as I start looking at my radar again I see some showers perking up a little :)

Edited by Let_it_snow

Posted

Shame we don't have any lamp posts that's the trouble with being rural I will have to put a torch in the garden.... LOL

Posted

Some slightly more organised showers appearing off the Norfolk coast at the moment on the radar. Be interesting if these amount to anything or if they fizzle out as they hit land.

Edited by JJB McCabe-deluxe edition

Posted

can report light snow grains in ipswich

Posted

GFS quite keen on developing a Wash Streamer type event in 72hrs time. Seems quite logical really looking at the flow and the deepening cold aloft.

I think the Met Office are going to be well caught out if they think this will be a dry flow...

Posted

GFS quite keen on developing a Wash Streamer type event in 72hrs time. Seems quite logical really looking at the flow and the deepening cold aloft.

I think the Met Office are going to be well caught out if they think this will be a dry flow...

Hopefully the Norwich Snow Shield will finally be battered down

Anyone going to have a go at a forecast for our region over the next few days with some idea of snow fall based on latest model outputs?

Edited by Let_it_snow

Posted

As Alan Partridge would say "Poringland, Stoke Holy Cross, Framingham Earl, Rockland St Mary, Caistor St Edmund - this is the regional discussion thread for East Anglia and some other counties that no one's ever heard of.

Dont forget Beccles :p

Posted

Same here in Beccles And a few snow flakes mixed in too now Edited by billy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Yeh there was some very small snow grains this morning. Nothing significant though.

I know, surely with such low temps and contrastingly high SST's you'd expect this to override the pressure being so high, thereby allowing convection? The flow is pretty decent too. The Met doesn't think so as you say.

Edited by chris93

Posted

Now lightly snowing in Wells NR23 am watching it out of the window - lovely shame it's not settling though but still welcome to see

Posted

We had light drizzle and then snow grains earlier today. Just had a light snow shower with those lovely floating flakes :-) Maybe a sign that conditions are improving for snow. Looking forward to this week and what potential it holds.

Posted

Just had some drizzle today. I have a sneaking suspicion Lowestoft is going to be in the middle of the snowless alley again this year. All this talk of Thames Streamers and Kent getting pasted in the model thread is depressing me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Some slightly more organised showers appearing off the Norfolk coast at the moment on the radar. Be interesting if these amount to anything or if they fizzle out as they hit land.

Been "snizzling" in Lynn all morning