Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia And The Three Counties Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

The 6z is the ginger stepchild of the models, having the 12z be so different is not such a bad thing. I think considering the last few days we're going to get an easterly, the details however and longeivity aren't set in stone yet.

Edited by etched Chaos

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

An ice cream van has just pulled up outside my door! Wonder if it will be doing the rounds this time next week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

An ice cream van has just pulled up outside my door! Wonder if it will be doing the rounds this time next week!

can you get me a T99 - don't mind which model as long as it's cold (-:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hopefully if it comes round this time next week it will look this this......

post-10773-0-65192600-1327770779_thumb.j

Posted

well we could get snow as early as sunday on the east coast later on in the week their looks to be mager snow for the east coast

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?&ech=36&mode=2

Posted

hmmmm next week I have several meetings in the region, at some point I think I might be either snowbound here, or there, or somewhere in between............i shall take lots of blankets just in case

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

evening all! well i really hope luton sees some snow i have a feeling that a lot of lamp post watching nights are approching lol

Posted

Hertfordshire is one of those counties OON, Funny enough a premier county with BLOODY premier prices, So im thinking of moving to MK, I might even buy that evolved County as A years worth of Hertfordshire Council tax could buy the PLANET, But i will settle for MK i might also buy myself an angel as there appears to be one there, The bonus is ANGEL has a sense of humour.

I've read it a few times, but....nope. Any clues, gratefully received.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hello locals. :D Things are getting extremely exciting. I am trying to keep calm, but oh my I can feel a 'ramp' coming on. :w00t:

Hi Chilly

post-10773-0-19808200-1327793997_thumb.j

Keep calm......but ramp anyway :D

Posted

Hello all. Will be flipping between here and the southeast thread probably from Monday onward.

Let's hope we get lucky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Still very foggy.

Will be keeping a close eye out today,especially around 6 pm.

Hi ecm you has a load of thunder snow last year,my friend from clacton phoned me as it was happening.

Would love that here.

Posted

My view on the models this morning is that it will turn colder as the week progresses, with temperatures struggling to reach above 0C and some sharp overnight frosts. Then towards the end of the week, there will be an increasing risk of snow. For the time being, probably best not to be anymore specific than that as things will change. The countrytracks weather forecast should be very interesting later (I think its around 11:50am).

Currently foggy and cold, 0.4C.

Posted

lamp post and radar watching tonight then:

(-;

edit: and there was some talk on the MOD last night (model output discussion etc) of 'mesoscale snowfall' possible during our cold period - apparently it can't be predicted on the models but shows up nice out of nowhere on the radar. Google it - it's quite interesting if you like surprises like me.

Edited by Pixel Precipitation

Posted

lamp post and radar watching tonight then:

(-;

edit: and there was some talk on the MOD last night (model output discussion etc) of 'mesoscale snowfall' possible during our cold period - apparently it can't be predicted on the models but shows up nice out of nowhere on the radar. Google it - it's quite interesting if you like surprises like me.

Spot on

When you consider we are going to have a thermal gradient of at least 15c (possibly as much as 20c) over the north sea (remembering the first sign of instability - convective showers - need only 13c to kick off) I'd be amazed if we didn't see some sort of wave activity developing.

Important to remember though this is all projected at the moment - but I'd expect much more showery activity than is currently suggested by, let's say, bbc and met office forecasting (happens every year)

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

Horrible dull grey day from sunrise to sunset here in North Norfolk. Temp hasn't gone above 3.5 c all day so I guess that's a sign something may be on the way.

Current weather

Grey cloud

Temp 2.5 c

Windchill 2.5c

Dewpoint -0.1c

Relevant pressure 1050Hpa

Wind 3.8 mph, gust 6mph

Humidity 83%

I have just bought this weather station from maplin, 2 options for pressure are absolute or relevant and its measured in Hpa. Is it best to keep it set to relevant or absolute pressure?

Regards

Posted

I may well be wrong but I set mine to 'relavent' after entering in the hight above sea level we live at - open to correction though (-:

edit:

just found this as I was curious:

Setting Relative Pressure on the WH-1081

To get accurate pressure readings, you need to ensure that your weather station has a relative pressure set - this is used to calculate the actual air pressure at your altitude. To set a relative air pressure value, look for the pressure reading from a local weather station.

...so it all depends on your region/location to be able monitor the weather pressure - (see mods I managed to get the important words in there..)

have the MOD (model output disruption) board convinced everyone winters over yet? I daren't look (-; tho seems quite nippy out... chuckle chuckle

Edited by Pixel Precipitation

Posted

Temp is dropping quickish in leighton buzzard and something is falling from the sky lol wet snow ? coming down fast but dont sound like rain ,sorry i cant describe it

temp 1.6 C

trend -0.9 C p/h

dew point 1.5C