Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia And The Three Counties Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

As Alan Partridge would say "Poringland, Stoke Holy Cross, Framingham Earl, Rockland St Mary, Caistor St Edmund - this is the regional discussion thread for East Anglia and some other counties that no one's ever heard of.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Welcome to the new thread for 3 Counties & East Anglia everyone :clap:

I hope you're all ready for some cold weather, I've been making a few preparations of my own just in case :rolleyes:

post-10773-0-12922700-1327708860_thumb.p

Posted

Now i have one foot in the mids thread and one foot in this this thread. so confusing coming from Northampton.

Edited by lancs_northants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Mmm...new thread. Bad time to have posted in the thred that's been closed! So please forgive me reposting my earlier thoughts in here...

.Well....looks like this is going to be the place to be in the next couple of weeks.

Some really exciting potential cold to come....with emphasis on potential.

I've seen some mentions of January 1987 and Feb 1991 being made. Personally, of the two, I would plump for 1991. I remember snow lying on the ground for ages in 1987...but though to the east and to the south they were big dumpings, we never really got above 5cm of snow, if that.

On the other hand I can remember 1991 being the year we got the "wrong type of snow". I was chucked off my train and ended up having to walk the last three miles in the snow to work, I remember the first snow falling on a thursday afternoon and looking out of the office window in the city to the cars skidding on the road below. The friday was the train day....by saturday morning there was 10 inches on my car. Lovely!

First and foremost I hope the potential does translate into cold and snow....anything will do. But if it gets more severe than something akin to 1991 as opposed to 1987 will do for me please! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

As Alan Partridge would say "Poringland, Stoke Holy Cross, Framingham Earl, Rockland St Mary, Caistor St Edmund - this is the regional discussion thread for East Anglia and some other counties that no one's ever heard of.

Hertfordshire is one of those counties OON, Funny enough a premier county with BLOODY premier prices, So im thinking of moving to MK, I might even buy that evolved County as A years worth of Hertfordshire Council tax could buy the PLANET, But i will settle for MK i might also buy myself an angel as there appears to be one there, The bonus is ANGEL has a sense of humour.

Edited by silver line

Posted

Yeah for those not sure where to post, as far as I am aware, you can post where you like, I personally will be reading the midlands and SE threads just to see weather reports and forecasts.

Its sods law now that we have the regionals that we get roaring SWs, I really hope that isn't the case though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Good to have our IMBY thread back :D

I'm hoping for atleast 1024 pixels of snow to appear very soon on the radar - might even get some in real life too :drunk:

presently watching the 'east meets west' (warm bashes into cold) with interest as the dividing line between snow, rain or nothing seems to be changing with each run over the next few days... and as for FI (fantasy Island) well.... here's a nice one I saved last night:

probably gone by now

All good fun :crazy:

Posted

Now i have one foot in the mids thread and one foot in this this thread. so confusing coming from Northampton.

I do that too :D I stick with the one that gives me the better chance of the white stuff!! :lol:

Posted

Ah, it's that time of winter again. Now here's to hoping I do better than the last proper cold spell, which was a complete letdown snowwise, was very jealous of everyone else.

Posted

well for us now its all eyes east to see what coming off the sea i.e showers about monday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Afternoon all. We all ready for this very interesting and in-coming Brrrrrrrrrrrr,Hope everyone gets the snow they have so long been waiting for,Mind you dont forget the depth of cold as we progress through. Remember to be vigil to the ederly and those in need who cant get about. You will all get your wings, look at MK....lol.

SL

Current conditions

+5 °C

20 kmh

REDBOURN.HERTS

Mostly clear

Feels Like: +1°

Barometer: 1029.0 hPa

Dewpoint: +2°

Humidity: 80.8%

Visibility: 10 km

Sun rise: 07:47

Sun set: 16:42

Posted

The charts up until the recent GFS 6z were pushing the cold weather further and further west. For me that was good news for us giving us plenty of chances of the dry powdery stuff from showers and streamers. It took GFS a long time to accept the easterly was coming, but it seems no longer did it embrace it almost to the extent no other model did than it started backtracking. Now one run is one thing. The 12z will establish whether it was a blip or establishing a trend. The concern for me is that is keeps showing the cold air not making as much progress west as did. If it shunts it further back east that might look fantastic for us since it would put us in the battleground - whereas at the moment we are in the colder drier air. However, I wouldn't get excited about suddenly being thrust into the battleground as this would mean that the trend is keeping the cold air further and further east......and what would seem great today might be showing as disappearing altogether tomorrow.

I can imagine the excitement the Irish felt last night when the whole country was plunged into the deep freeze by the 0z.....and the disappointment today when it doesn't reach it al all!

The worry for us is that if we are moved into the battleground, then it's a halfway house to being taken out of the cold air altogether.

the emotion rollercoaster is in full swing.....Excited?...yes. Nervous?...yes Impatient? Hell yes!!!

Posted

Ah, it's that time of winter again. Now here's to hoping I do better than the last proper cold spell, which was a complete letdown snowwise, was very jealous of everyone else.

popped down to lowestoft this morning, it seemed quite warm.

Posted

popped down to lowestoft this morning, it seemed quite warm.

It is, I hate it, warm weather in Winter is just horrible, makes me all miserable and grouchy. Bring on the -20 uppers I say.

Posted
It is, I hate it, warm weather in Winter is just horrible, makes me all miserable and grouchy. Bring on the -20 uppers I say.

lol, you sound like me this morning, i was complaining it was too warm for the time of year.

Posted

lol, you sound like me this morning, i was complaining it was too warm for the time of year.

I'm glad you too find warm winters wrong :p. I may be a bit more explicit in my use of language when complaining about the warm weather though, that and I get very annoyed if I miss out on snow.

Posted

I'm glad you too find warm winters wrong :p. I may be a bit more explicit in my use of language when complaining about the warm weather though, that and I get very annoyed if I miss out on snow.

Here's something odd though.Yesterday was much the same as today, I even took off my suit jacket at lunchtime and went out in just my blouse it was so warm outside.Returned to the office and my colleague came in wearing thick coat, scarf, gloves, shivering.,"oh its freezing outside, isn't it?" she said.I was just thinking, either I am crazy, or you talk yourself into that because its January yet you havnt actually felt if its warm or cold you just assumed it was.

Edited by JennyJane1

Posted

Here's something odd though.Yesterday was much the same as today, I even took off my suit jacket at lunchtime and went out in just my blouse it was so warm outside.Returned to the office and my colleague came in wearing thick coat, scarf, gloves, shivering.,"oh its freezing outside, isn't it?" she said.I was just thinking, either I am crazy, or you talk yourself into that because its January yet you havnt actually felt if its warm or cold you just assumed it was.

People are funny like that. Though I'd hate to think how many layers your colleague would have if we got a severe cold spell, snowmeggedon might cause them to come in with 4 duvets wrapped around them and held on with duct tape. 'The newspapers said it'd be like Siberia, I didn't have anything thicker than duvets.'

Edited by etched Chaos

Posted

Well the GFS 12z looks like another belter for us....despite my reading of the first few hours!

The fact it is so different to the 6z means that it would be wise not to consider anything has "nailed on".....but I've got the kids next weekend and am looking forward to the possibility of wrapping up warm and going out sledging with them :)