Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

3 degrees here, dew point 1, pressure on the drop and slight easterly wind picking up.

Just been for a long run, no evidence of any pp here yet. No doubt on the way looking at other posts but certain to be rain tonight.

The pp won't be heavy enough and the dew point is too high.

Looking ahead, fascinating to see what happens next weekend, lets hope its not snow fest for all except those south of the M4!

Posted

Not in Newport it's not! Bone dry! Strange lol I'm still hopin for a flurry overnight lol ;)

Radar showing some sleet over your location right now! Keep a look out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Maybe some wet snow through the night :-(

raining heavy in shanklin.... Just wish it was cold enough as it would be a nice covering with this amount of precipitation.....

Posted

Hello Hoops - when do you think the white stuff might arrive our side of the Ridgeway

I think mid week onwards is when we should start getting hopeful when/if the cold arrives from the east, although we don't usually get much white stuff from an easterly, it is usually the south east corner that benefits - we need something approaching from the south with an easterly for a decent snowfall.

I have long given up on getting snow from the south west or west (like tonight) as the proximity of the coast nearly always goes against us.

Basically it is not easy for us to get any decent snow here, but it is nice when it does happen!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

more temperature reports guys n gals please. 1.7c AT and 1c DP, 1027.7hpa falling. :good:

the above being from Newbury, Berks.

Other reports around your areas can be accessed via Wundeground websites and similar.

Latest radar grab looking hopeful?

post-7183-0-77778200-1327878267_thumb.pn

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

The netweather radar looks more hopeful than raintoday, GTLTW, which just has the rain band sliding down the far west and fizzling out :sorry: Temp here in central Sfamptin a steady 2C, -1 with wind chill. DP is 2.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

The netweather radar looks more hopeful than raintoday, GTLTW, which just has the rain band sliding down the far west and fizzling out :sorry: Temp here in central Sfamptin a steady 2C, -1 with wind chill. DP is 2.

Yes Kate, it really is borderline stuff. I am however surprised how far EAST the precipitation has moved and on its EASTERN edge say areas due East of Swindon to CSE is the sweet spot in my opinion. I firmly believe this will now continue to intensify as the colder air undercuts from the EAST. IMHO, the favoured area for several hours of wintry precipitation is as I stated previously :acute: and more especially with added elevation getting a reasonable covering. :good:

If you are staying up for a while, keep tabs on your AT, your DP and the AP.

Kind Regards

gottolovethisweather

Posted

more temperature reports guys n gals please. 1.7c AT and 1c DP, 1027.7hpa falling. :good:

the above being from Newbury, Berks.

Other reports around your areas can be accessed via Wundeground websites and similar.

Latest radar grab looking hopeful?

post-7183-0-77778200-1327878267_thumb.pn

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

4.2 here in Weymouth and raining quite steady, I'm not sure why the radar is indicating sleet creeping into the area!

Posted

Yes Kate, it really is borderline stuff. I am however surprised how far EAST the precipitation has moved and on its EASTERN edge say areas due East of Swindon to CSE is the sweet spot in my opinion. I firmly believe this will now continue to intensify as the colder air undercuts from the EAST. IMHO, the favoured area for several hours of wintry precipitation is as I stated previously :acute: and more especially with added elevation getting a reasonable covering. :good:

If you are staying up for a while, keep tabs on your AT, your DP and the AP.

Kind Regards

gottolovethisweather

Just thought I'd bring my post from the south west thread to your attention since you mentioned swindon:

This is the current radar grab from netweather extra. Shows precip right over me, but looking outside, I've not seen anything falling at all the entire evening.

Saying that, just noticed from my open window that the wind has picked up a little.

hiradarzoomv42.png

Like I said though, the wind has picked up and the two light blue blobs south of swindon have magically appeared out of nowhere and spread north, so there's hope yet!

Posted

Back upto 3c now here, we are supposed to be having snow we have red showing on the netweather radar (weather type) but we have absolulty nothing even rain YET!

Posted

4.2 here in Weymouth and raining quite steady, I'm not sure why the radar is indicating sleet creeping into the area!

I think it depends on the resolution but whatever it shows in your general area is a fair guide and where there is elevation, there is more hope of it being more wintry. :good:

Kind Regards

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Just thought I'd bring my post from the south west thread to your attention since you mentioned swindon:

Like I said though, the wind has picked up and the two light blue blobs south of swindon have magically appeared out of nowhere and spread north, so there's hope yet!

Yes, I'm certainly more hopeful than I was earlier and I would expect a covering on the Marlborough Downs and the Downs out Andover way I would imagine. Mind you, I think it was Nick L who highlighted the MetO forecast which hinted at this too.

Kind Regards

gottolovethisweather

Could this get toReading or is that too hopefull?

I am surprised it has got this far EAST as it is so I suppose you cannot rule it out but I would think you need some from of elevation too.

KInd Regards

gottolovethisweather