Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Hello? *echoes*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Hello hello hello! Just posted in the south west thread as it's so quiet in here!! Funnily enough was commenting on the relative quietness of our southern central thread in the main southern thread before it was split into the more regional ones. I often feel we are sort of the 'odd ones out' but I do remember when we were under the red warning some time ago and all hell let loose! Wonder if that will happen again in a hurry...............

Posted

wow - it's quiet in here... maybe a little too much fragmentation on the regional thread areas?

Being 6 miles west of brighton, which thread should I be on?

Posted

Morning .........anyone?

So how far east will the precipitation get on Sunday evening?......and what will it be, rain, snow or sleet.

Looking at the latest models I reckon the Salisbury plain area could see snow as well as parts of western hampshire, say as far as the A34....but doubt it'll get further east. And some further west and on the coasts will get to enjoy the sleet and rain.

Hope I'm wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Being from th iow I'm expecting nothing! :(

Been reading th model thread daily but still don't really understand it all lol fingers crossed we get a decent cold spell n a nice dumping of snow soon 👠⛄

Posted

Being from th iow I'm expecting nothing! :(

Been reading th model thread daily but still don't really understand it all lol fingers crossed we get a decent cold spell n a nice dumping of snow soon �� ⛄

Cold coming .....but not so sure about snow prospects.

If we get a decent easterly flow perhaps some decent snow showers for those in favoured areas. Perhaps the IOW could get hammered if the flow were to turn more to the east-south-east. :)

Edited by Kiwi

Posted

and just for you guys up the road, here's one I made earlier:

post-6667-0-21997300-1327740477.png

and then later in the week:

post-6667-0-07191600-1327740640.png

I'll admit it currently looks better East and West of you, but these are just guesses and likely to vary by tens of miles!!!

The overall pattern is encouraging and we have a weeks worth of potential, so good luck to everyone!

Posted

Have u seen the google search page?the worlds largest snow flake 15inch now thats big.i no its off topic but thought some might like to look.cold here today but sunny nice winters day lets wait and see what happens over the next few days we might get a flake or two but not as big as the above.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

I think that's sort of Hampshire way isn't it? Never really been there.

Come visit - we don't bite (unless asked to) lol :D

I think this thread will be rather quiet as the forecast snow seems to hit an invisible shield over Hampshire but I'm happy to be proved wrong :acute:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

For those folk that haven't seen it, this worth a view. This gives a good representation of the overall picture, which is precisely what we need to be looking at before agonising over our own location's prospects. :good:

http://www.netweathe...toryid=971;sess=

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

And here is another way of evaluating the potential and this is at a 6 day timescale.

post-7183-0-67325000-1327749807_thumb.pn

One thing is certain, most of Europe is going to have a February 2012 to remember and some parts of the UK are due a hell of a lot of snow as well. As ever, if I miss out, so be it but I will happy for others as long as there is no loss of life. On that note, this has the potential to be serious over time. :help:

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

As long as I see the odd flurry over the next couple of weeks I'm happy :-)

Posted

Hi peeps well at least everybody is now talking about possible snow prospects,less than a couple of wks ago we seemed to be heading for endless mild zonal dross,so compared to that its much better in terms of cold prospects and even hints at very cold,and we've seen how the models have struggled with the pattern change,but it seems now even with more model wobbles we are getting there slowly in terms of proper winter weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hello central southerners!!

Bit late this year to see you all but heh we got there in the end. so a "big potential" heh GTLTW . Interesting. I shall look forward to lampwatching. So when do I need the binoculours for? Which night best?

Posted

Hello central southerners!!

Bit late this year to see you all but heh we got there in the end. so a "big potential" heh GTLTW . Interesting. I shall look forward to lampwatching. So when do I need the binoculours for? Which night best?

I've PM'd you PB but I will say to all that the GFS 12z was once again a scary run. :cold:

Game on.

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Until the ECM and UKMO show it I refuse to believe we will get the severe cold the GFS is showing. We know which side is usually correct in these situations.

Posted

Until the ECM and UKMO show it I refuse to believe we will get the severe cold the GFS is showing. We know which side is usually correct in these situations.

It is knife edge stuff for sure and it would all be scuppered, should the current front out west move too far east. :wallbash: To my eye though, run after run (more especially from the GFS) show some form of deep cold over us at various timescales. I think the trend is undeniable but as many folk know, it only takes one shortwave to orientate wrongly or the aforementioned front comes battering, then its temporarily game over. Time will tell, however it is looking plainly obvious that certain parts of the UK are highly likely to get buried in the snow. Will it be us? :search: I say its way too early to tell and more appropriately as I type this, there is prepitation showing on the radars in the SE of the region which was unforecast. :drinks:

Lets hope we're lucky for once.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Nick L, January 29, 2012 - Antagonistic and off topic!
Hidden by Nick L, January 29, 2012 - Antagonistic and off topic!

I want blizzards and p*mpey wound up, the cheats.

. Weren't you in the same position 2 to 3 years ago...... Anyway grow a pair... This is weather chat
Posted

There seems to be a lot of precipitation about Sunday evening through Monday....if its cold enough ?...could be surprised.the week ahead looks freezing.good luck peoples

Posted

Mother of God...

ECM0-168.GIF?28-0

PERMISSION TO RAMP?! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 24 degrees clear skies in summer, -24 degrees clear skies in winter

Mother of God...

ECM0-168.GIF?28-0

PERMISSION TO RAMP?! :D

PERMISSON GRANTED!!

That is serious stuff!