Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And The South East Regional Discussion Thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

This is at about 7 days time, i think this initial easterly is coming.

But after ONE run they all saying it may not last as long as the mods were showing for.still on for sun/mon

Posted

This is at about 7 days time, i think this initial easterly is coming.

But after ONE run they all saying it may not last as long as the mods were showing for.still on for sun/mon

got to admit they do panic over anything in that forum..

Posted

Lets get the first batch of cold and snowy potential in Sunday night through Monday and then we can look at something for later next week. I can't believe the general negativity when we have had one of the mildest winters for years so far and we are now at least looking at decent potential in the next 7 days!!!

This really is the glass half full moment!

vector-snoglobe-2.jpg

Posted

I think that the model discussion does follow the trend of every run... Yesterday the runs showed very cold out to 240+hrs, today the ECM goes belly up by 144hrs...

Still, whatever happens, we have at least 5 days of cold... All we need now is the snow!!

Posted

ECM 00z ensembles

Operational run off with the pixies

From the model thread... The red line is the operational - the run we see... The blue is the control - that keeps us cold! :) having seen those ensembles, I'm happier! :)

If the control and the op followed the same line, then that's often the time to be worried with the ECM as the ensembles often follow!

Posted

yep lets see what happens tomorrow night onwards...... trouble is they have now changed my lamp post outside since last snowfall... its now one of them really skinny ones that they can turn down when everything goes quite.. and its a bit further along from old one.. might have to get a substitute for my front garden to compensate :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

we put up two of them halogen light in the b/garden.

Cant wait to see it under them.

I even said when we got them they be great for snow watching!

I am sure we will all get something over the coming week.

However the next few days i believe is a good timeframe, to go on things panning out.

However nice it is to think of us being thrown into the freezer for weeks is just fi.

The media has jumped on this 4 week freeze thing,i would love it to happen but i wouldnt make statements as bold as that .

Anyway as far as the next few days goes,good luck peeps,hope you get some fun in the white stuff :good:

Posted

The council have put one of those light guards on ours, i think our old next door neighbour complained it was to bright

I think usually the Daily Panic does it. they wouldnt let us out of the house without a security guard, certainly not play in the snow it is to dangerous

Edited by BLUNT

Posted

The actual battle line is changing run to run (there's a surprise!!) but on the latest it misses me mostly. I'm not at all concerned as I think we are getting towards the fax charts then radar soon.

Still possibilities the further East you are in the SE, or West of us, but this one was OK for Tuesday amongst a few similar ones over the next 3 or 4 days;

post-6667-0-53579500-1327747867_thumb.pn post-6667-0-72707000-1327747888_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters

Owwwww I don't know!

post-6667-0-21997300-1327740477_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-61167900-1327740481_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-88438700-1327740484_thumb.pn

The chances are there on and off from Sunday to Tuesday and then.......

All the way through next weekend potentially!

post-6667-0-60233800-1327740633_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-95592900-1327740636_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-07191600-1327740640_thumb.pn

Whilst I wouldn't be as specific as these charts (remember they are just a guess really) the pattern is for almost a weeks worth of chances at the moment!!

:clapping:

Well any time really!!! :wub:

only 2mw's chart shows any snow for kingston... and i'm pretty sure that isn't going to come off

fear that i'm too far west to be east and too far east to west.

Edited by username home

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I get the feeling it's going to be lampost / radar watching for the coming week for us anyway.

The facts so far are that it IS noticably colder today and the trend is for this to continue and get colder.

However the battle between the cold air to our East and the mild air to our West will go on throughout the month of Feb it would seem.

Sometimes cold will win and sometimes mild will win but hopefully not too often if at all.......well eventually in time for Spring it can win.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

good to be back... hopefully get a huge fall to rival/surpass this exact time 3 years ago, the best snow event in my living memory.

Last winter was the best snow I've ever seen. At least two feet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Last winter was the best snow I've ever seen. At least two feet!

same here....

post-10773-0-41886800-1327751431_thumb.j

:lol:

Guest archiesmummy

Weather warning issued for snow in some parts of this region, the forecast still going for this mild coming back, is the 4week cold and snow forecast a bit to far ahead?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Weather warning issued for snow in some parts of this region, the forecast still going for this mild coming back, is the 4week cold and snow forecast a bit to far ahead?

The forecast will change every few days as it always does.

Going by the current Meto forecast and the models we are in for a cold dry week, less cold weekend then another cold week and then snowy weekend maybe followed by more cold and possibly less cold.....

Basically a bit of everything, I wouldn't take any notice of anything beyond a day or so though if it's snow you are after.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Good to be back on here hoping for some of the white stuff..... i will be available for temp/dew point reports with my Davis Vanatage Vue on my roof and ready for action :) currently termp 5.5c dp 3c :)

Posted

http://176.31.229.228/modeles/gens/graphe_ens3.php?x=306&ext=1&y=141&run=6&ville=Londres&runpara=1

have a look at the snow risk on the london ensembles

70% on the 31st :acute:

the 12z gfs could be interesting

Posted

Just had a tiny rain shower come of the north sea, looks like few more to north of me,looking forward to a few with maybe some snow in them as the air cools and if they are a bit more heavy later tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

Don't underestimate convection alot of events crop up in a small time frame get the cold in place and worry about snow later! Personally i think this could be the start of a very special February, got everything crossed, good luck to all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Afternoon all, beautiful winter afternoon here on the estuary, welcome to anyone I've not spoken to before, very much looking forward to the next week's watching after this week's rollercoaster!

Jo

Posted

Nice to see the London and SE forum back again....... Looking forward to some snow, cold! Will be watching the forums and mod threads closely over the next few days to see how all this turns out!!

nice to see all the usual people back again for this hopefully cold month...

Keep the lamp posts burning, BRING IT ON!!! :clapping::cold: