Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And The South East Regional Discussion Thread.

Posted

All this talk of 'the Blob' has got me a bit worried. A giant amoeba-like being that terrorizes a small community in a film from 1958?

It is July 1957. Steve and his girl Jane are out parking and see a falling star. They drive out to try to find where the meteor landed. An old man has heard the meteor crash near his house. He finds the meteor and pokes it with a stick. The rock breaks open to reveal a small jelly-like blob inside. This Blob, a living creature, crawls up the stick and attaches itself to his hand. Unable to scrape or shake it loose (and apparently now in pain), the old man runs hysterically onto the road, where he is seen by Steve, who takes him to see the local doctor, Doctor Hallen. They reach the clinic when Doctor Hallen is about to leave. Hallen anesthetizes the man and sends Steve back to the crash site to gather more information. Hallen decides he must amputate the man's arm which is being consumed by the Blob, calling in his nurse. However, the Blob completely consumes the old man. Now an amorphous creature it eats the nurse and the doctor while increasing in size.

A shadowy figure known only as Yam then predicts mayhem until the Blob deposits small amounts of snow near the coast and fizzles out.

Quite good up to the ending. Funny coincidence, the name though (makes scary X-Files type sound effect)

AS

Posted

Hello all! First post so go easy on me! I live in Old Amersham in Buckinghamshire - am I in the right regional thread? I ask only because most of you guys seem to be SE of London and I'm keen to know what my chances are of seeing some snow in the next few days!!!! :search:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

two really dark pinks each side of me, if they met in the middle, where I am then Boom, But i can dream :lazy:

No need to shout Jo

Have edited it for you

Posted

Only during summer showers and storms situations normally during cold spells london can actually turn snow to rain... seen it happen loooadddss of times... snows one side of london.. crosses london snow turns to rain, rains my side... For beefing up snow showers u need the good ol river thames.. and warm waters of the thames inlet area.. then its called a thames streamer.. (seen that quite a few times as well).. that doesnt warm the cloud up but beefs them up... all very scientific and sometimes confusing. But can drop hours upon hours of snow in a small area in right conditions

2 February 2009 being a prime example. What a day that was!

Posted

not bothered by snow tonight, just want to see some at the end of the week/weekend last two days been a rollacaster! keep looking at the 10 day prediction 1 run 95% chance of snow the next run 0 % keeps changing! so confused lol

Posted

The tiniest beautiful ice crystals are drifting through the chilled air. They are so small they are not really falling, just moving gently so you want to touch but not touch. You can only see them if you hide the light source but look through the light being cast. If it were daytime you would never notice, but the dark can sometimes reveal more than it hides.

AS

Posted

Way too warm near the coasts

Yeah sleety stuff here as well. I'm sure had the precip got a little more substance it'd be a different story but light stuff near the coasts doesn't normally bode well.

Closing this thread soon!

Posted

Hi AmershamMike!

I'm in High Wycombe and I float between here, 3 counties and central southern depending on what's happening!

Posted

Cheers SO! Just looked out the window and saw some light flakes falling! Hope we get something like Dec 2010 in our neck of the woods - remember getting about 17 cms on a Sat morning shortly before Xmas and people getting stuck in High Wycombe shopping centre!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Know what'd be great? An IPhone app to view the NW Radar, it'd be so much easier with snowfall when out and about