Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Winter's Tale

Poll: Will Andy Murray Ever Win A Grand Slam?

Andy Murray - Will He or won't he?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will Andy Murray ever Win a Grand Slam

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which Tournement do you expect his first victory to be?

• Australia Open
    • French Open
    • Wimbledon
    • US Open
    • None - He won't do it!
  3. 3. When Will He Win his First Grand Slam?

• 2012 - This is going to be the year!
    • 2013 - Next year will be it
    • 2014 - Coinciding with the Scottish Commonwealth Games and Referendum
    • Eventually he will win it
    • Never

Disapointment again as Murray is knocked out in the latter stages of a grand slam again. He's got the talent, but has he got the power and frame of mind to win it? We all know that there's plenty of time for him to get that first grand slam but the sooner would be the better. Perhaps this year he will do it with his new coach but It will be quite a ride for him to do it with that extra bit of luck and fortune, some more desire and a great run of permances.

What's your verdict? Will Andy do it!?

Andy will not win this year. I can see him winning the French open as his first major though maybe 2013.

Lendl will help him over the line. He went through what Murray's going through - i.e. reaching several Grand Slam finals which he lost before he won his first. Maybe too soon this year, but next year he'll do it at Wimbledon with home support.

Andy will not win this year. I can see him winning the French open as his first major though maybe 2013.

You see him winning on his worst surface?

I do think that And Murray is good enough to win GS events, but only on hard courts and probably not this year.

I would put money on at the Bookies that he will never win the FO or BO because he is simply not good enough on grass or clay.

Poor old Andy, always the bride's maid and never the bride - although a very good player he does not appear to have that final killer instinct which is necessary to get right to the top.

It may be that his new coach can help him to get that extra notch up - I certainly hope so.

Andy Murray great player, great to watch, and a fan of his, but voted for bottom one in all 3 in poll, he is not good enough to beat Federer, Nadal, Djokovic,

and to win a slam very likely he would have to beat 2 of them, Murray seems in a place of his own at no4, way better than 5 downwards, but miles off top 3

As already stated, a good number 4 in the world, can he break the top 3 nah not right they appear to be an order of magnitude beyond him.

Today was a definite step in the right direction, a lot of time he has frozen against the best not today.

I think he's very unlucky in the fact he's about in a time where there are 3 supremely good players ahead of him, Federer is not the force he was but that still leaves the other 2 and he's going to need a slice of luck to break his duck - ie one of them going out early in a grand slam or something similar. He also needs to believe he can beat the big three in a grand slam.

He may win a grand slam, and if he wins 1 he may grab a few more, but that first one is the big hurdle as without it that belief won't be there.

I really must question why people think that Murray is going to win at Wimbledon when he has won just two grass tournaments and never got past the SF. I would suggest that many of these people are patriotic and only watch tennis for the FO/BO (Wmbledon - British Open) period.

The best case senario for me is that he gets 2 Australian Opens, 2 US Opens and 2 WTF. On hard courts he is extremely good but the gap to the top 3 grows on grass and he has not won a single clay tournament.