Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 2)

A.J

Posted

Much more positive from news 24 front to stall over central Wales sleet and Snow mostly snow giving a covering even in s west England. Staying around Sunday afternoon and Monday as well.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

What a fascinating week coming up. If GFS comes off it's going to be mighty cold by the end of the week, I will be below -10c!

However. after our rain, sleet or snow, dry from Tuesday onwards, with high pressure in control.

Posted

What a fascinating week coming up. If GFS comes off it's going to be mighty cold by the end of the week, I will be below -10c!

However. after our rain, sleet or snow, dry from Tuesday onwards, with high pressure in control.

Yes Tony bloomin cold but there is colder pool over central Europe with -20 coming this way frightening lol.

Posted

That would quite an experience if that made it to Wales Keith, I remember Jan 87, my car radiator froze on the way to work, maximum -6c, I had to walk 2 miles in it to get to a phone box. Then got on a bus the rest of the way to Warwick, I remember that although it was nearly midday, all the windows of the bus being frozen on the inside!

Edited by TonyH

Posted

UKMO is quite abit more agressive then the GFS/ECM, so even though I would expect some snow from this, I wouldn't read too much into the forecast as that may well change, especially if the UKMO is being for once overzealous on the front.

If I was in SW Wales on higher ground though I'd be feeling rather confident right now!

Posted

GFS 18z - still on track - snow for evening sunday night right through (if believed) to Monday afternoon - Front stalls right over Wales - and then when the cold just sits there from the easterly - it will keep all that lovely snow on ICE for us! - till the next batch!

Rtavn544.png

Rtavn604.png

Edited by andymusic

Posted

It'll probably be a rain-snow type event for most and pretty marginal stuff, at least at first. As the front starts to decay and slip southwards then we'll see a better chance of snow, especially as it looks like it'll be timed with night-time mins as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Hmmm... I have an exam on Monday afternoon, should I be worried :o

I do want to see snow, but typical for it to come that day of all days haha :p

Posted

GFS keeps daytime temps well low (below freezing) over the following days after Monday - more so than in central England - presumably factoring in the cold freezer effect from the snow fallen from Sunday/Mondays event! LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

GFS 18z - still on track - snow for evening sunday night right through (if believed) to Monday afternoon - Front stalls right over Wales - and then when the cold just sits there from the easterly - it will keep all that lovely snow on ICE for us! - till the next batch!

Rtavn544.png

Rtavn604.png

Pasting for us down west according to this run?

Posted

GFS 18z is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! following the 12z - THE BEAST FROM THE EAST LIVES AGAIN - the cold will be mind numbing - freezing days and well below freezing nights - and any precip will be of the white kind - WINTER HAS FINALLY STRUCK BACK - after all our patience!

Posted

GFS 18z is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! following the 12z - THE BEAST FROM THE EAST LIVES AGAIN - the cold will be mind numbing - freezing days and well below freezing nights - and any precip will be of the white kind - WINTER HAS FINALLY STRUCK BACK - after all our patience!

Verified? :D

Posted

GFS keeps daytime temps well low (below freezing) over the following days after Monday - more so than in central England - presumably factoring in the cold freezer effect from the snow fallen from Sunday/Mondays event! LOL

Yes Andy, that's how I read it too, over the hills I guess.

Posted

i'm really excited Andy music is on about the beast from the East went and bought extra milk and bread today guys so hope you are right :good:

Posted

Jeez-

Ice day on Friday?!

ukmaxtemp.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Model thread is going a bit nuts at the mo. Upardes-R-us!!

Happy daze :good: !!

Posted

This shows the very cold air arriving Thursday:

post-2595-0-53474900-1327703787_thumb.pn

Posted

having trouble viewing GFS 18z, andy can you post it pls.

here's GFS 18z - 144 for ya - amazing

Rtavn1441.png

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Jeez-

Ice day on Friday?!

ukmaxtemp.png

now not that i am an expert, but i tend to marginally agree with you, i am thinking next weekend is looking to be a BLINDER, if of course charts dont change!

here's GFS 18z - 144 for ya - amazing

Rtavn1441.png

thanks andy! cheers mate

Posted

Here's quite a nice one too - Eskimo weather anyone?

-9 overnight temps anyone?

Rtavn18017.png

This just in for Sunday late afternoon coutesy of the NAE (it can only get snowier from here) - we'll know more in the morning!

12012918_2718.gif

Rtavn1562.png

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Here's quite a nice one too - Eskimo weather anyone?

-9 overnight temps anyone?

Rtavn18017.png

This just in for Sunday late afternoon coutesy of the NAE (it can only get snowier from here) - we'll know more in the morning!

12012918_2718.gif

Rtavn1562.png

It's on me :yahoo:

Posted

We look like getting a few cms of snow Sunday Monday but by the end of the week they be sending in the Army to dig out London lol.