Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 2)

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok chaps, carry on here :)

Previous thread here ------------------>

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Could you rename it Cymru - Wales thread please :)? Just like we had last year? Diolch :)

Posted

Derek on BBC Wales news just now, was a little vague about things, and no mention of the latest yellow warning. Did show precipitation over us though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Could you rename it Cymru - Wales thread please :)? Just like we had last year? Diolch :)

Done :)

Posted

Derek on BBC Wales news just now, was a little vague about things, and no mention of the latest yellow warning. Did show precipitation over us though.

As the warning has only just been made - I suppose it missed his prep for the forecast

Yellow Alert of Snow for Wales

Yellow Alert of Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Carmarthenshire, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd & Wrexham valid from 0005 Mon 30 Jan to 1200 Mon 30 Jan

Edited by andymusic

Posted

As the warning has only just been made - I suppose it missed his prep for the forecast

Yellow Alert of Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Carmarthenshire, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd & Wrexham valid from 0005 Mon 30 Jan to 1200 Mon 30 Jan

very true andy i guessed that.

Posted

Typical, I miss out again ARGHHHHHHHH,,,,, although, it is so up and down at moment, it could all change.

Posted

Typical, I miss out again ARGHHHHHHHH,,,,, although, it is so up and down at moment, it could all change.

I don't think you'll miss out for long Ali - this easterly looks a belter - if it goes to plan you might end up better off than the rest of us being in the far south east of Wales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Aha i see im just on the line to just slightly below the warning line, still can hope for the best though! Had some rain and hail here, temp up at 7.5C. Looks atm like it could be quite cold soon!

Posted

Well that looks like i am not in any chance of seeing any snow as i live in Newport , we all ways seem to miss out .. Sigh

Posted

Just had this email from Meto .

Colder weather will affect the UK over the next few days as weather from the east wins the battle for dominance against the milder conditions that have prevailed so far this winter. :acute:

also heres something that you may want to read .http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2092487/UK-weather-Siberian-snow-storm-bring-5C-temperatures-Britain.html?ITO=1490

Edited by Aquastarmist

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I am loving this today:

UK Outlook for Saturday 11 Feb 2012 to Saturday 25 Feb 2012:

Cold weather looks likely during this period, with both daytime maximum and nighttime minimum temperatures likely to be below or well below average in southern areas, and still below average in the north. Rainfall amounts should be around average in northern areas, with some snow at times. Further south rainfall is likely to be above average with some prolonged spells of rain possible, with also a risk of some significant falls of snow. Sunshine amounts will probably be around or slightly above average.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT-YAFMIOcw&feature=g-u-u&context=G21bb41eFUAAAAAAABAA

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted

Things are looking interesting this weekend and early next week,although i`m no expert like some of you guys i work outside with nature and can see the birds and squirrels are very busy,more than usual !! so something is coming that tells me. as the ground temps drop the worms and little bugs hide making it harder for the birds to find food ,so if you have bird feeders fill them up .

Posted

GFS 12z is certainly incredibly cold, if that verified it would be winter back with a vengeance :rofl:

It is pretty dry looking though, if anything I'd prefer the cold to dig in more slowly on Sun/Mon as otherwise the front won't get far enough east to bring me snow.

Posted

North-east Wales remains snowless. Nothing to be seen on the Clwydians & the Horseshoe Pass. The showers are sleety around 400m but the temp was higher today than yesterday - a max of 5c. Light rain shower at the moment, current temp 3.1c

Rain is turning more to snow now, temp has dropped to 2.4c

Edited by nwales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

prectypeuktopo.png

This looks fairly nice for Sunday! And if the front was to stay that bit further west then maybe more of Wales could see some snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Bitterly cold outside, almost as cold as it felt arriving for work at 6am this morning! Bloody freezing! I'm in the Llanelli, wouldn't mind snow tomorrow however I am working Sunday so I would rather it didn't then! :D Work is cold enough without the snow too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Hmmm....I think marginal for me...or am I just being negative...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Hmmm....I think marginal for me...or am I just being negative...

Who knows?? A shift of the precipitation fifty miles west would sort you out. A shift of 50 miles the other way could mess up the whole thing for most of Wales.

The mental thread (aka model thread) is buzzing tonight. There were 850+ on there earlier, and the ECM is just coming out, so eyes down....

Most seem confident that the cold (and easterly) is nailed on, and potentially for a while - searching for precepitation is the new sport on there. Not many mild fans around, which makes me confident of a proper cold spell on the doorstep.

Posted

Who knows?? A shift of the precipitation fifty miles west would sort you out. A shift of 50 miles the other way could mess up the whole thing for most of Wales.

The mental thread (aka model thread) is buzzing tonight. There were 850+ on there earlier, and the ECM is just coming out, so eyes down....

Most seem confident that the cold (and easterly) is nailed on, and potentially for a while - searching for precepitation is the new sport on there. Not many mild fans around, which makes me confident of a proper cold spell on the doorstep.

Fingers crossed then :D

Posted

Brecon Beacons forecast

Sunday - Cloudy all with snow at most levels, heavy on summits. Considerable amounts of snow are likely at mid and high levels with blizzards likely giving very poor visibility and deep drifts in places.

Monday - Another day of prolonged snowfall and strong winds, with a freezing level of 300m. Rain more likely at low levels. Very poor visibility all day.

Most of the central and northern valleys aren't at much lower altitudes than The Beacons. Could be an interesting two days.

Edited by jackfrost

Posted

Brecon Beacons forecast

Sunday - Cloudy all with snow at most levels, heavy on summits. Considerable amounts of snow are likely at mid and high levels with blizzards likely giving very poor visibility and deep drifts in places.

Monday - Another day of prolonged snowfall and strong winds, with a freezing level of 300m. Rain more likely at low levels. Very poor visibility all day.

Most of the central and northern valleys aren't at much lower altitudes than The Beacons. Could be an interesting two days.

Looks like I could well be in the firing line, already had some good snow showers and a slushy accumilation last night :)