Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

post-6667-0-70369900-1327660076_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-46189000-1327660081_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-87665000-1327660085_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-94314200-1327660086_thumb.pn

:yahoo:

OMFG could the snow dodge me any more than those images are showing??? :wallbash:

Posted

could the snow dodge me any more than those images are showing??? :wallbash:

Don't worry, I'll post pictures!!!!! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

I didnt really give up on winter yesterday lol,it was reverse psychology.And it looks like it worked Yipppeee.BRING IT ON. :drinks::good: :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Well, this morning has certainly made things interesting!

stock-photo-red-ramp-sign-on-the-roadside-5538208.jpg

:cold::yahoo:

Posted

Yipppeee.BRING IT ON. :drinks::good: :good:

Shouldn't that be TAKE IT OFF ???? :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Holy moses. :gathering:

The GFS 6z run shows cool to cold 850s over most of the UK from beginning to end i.e. the WHOLE run. :shok: Ok, it shouldn't verify and its accuracy would drop off very rapidly, however the unleashing of the cold out EAST is particularly worth noting. I'd be very surprised if we're to get a fair bit of SNOW before Febraury is out now. This seriously has the POTENTIAL to be a corker. The GEFS ensembles should be most revealing in terms to the trend.

In the realtively shorter-term this Fax Chart catches my eye. Look at the potential to tap into the bitter cold out EAST, if that were to verify. Before this, there could well be some wintriness later today into tonight and Sunday looks promising as shown above by Coast and also Monday remains uncertain at this stage.

post-7183-0-43944100-1327661987_thumb.pn

Interesting times ahead. :good:

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Shouldn't that be TAKE IT OFF ???? :rofl:

Sorry coast the deadline was Thursday we have passed the cut off point,anyway it will be far too cold for stripping brrrrrrr :cold: :cold: :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

I tend to ignore those GFS precip charts as they are generally widely inaccurate. Looking great for the cold now fingers crossed we get some decent snow but at the moment based on what I'm looking at this morning I just can't see where it comes from, everything way too slack to deliver decent snowfall to anywhere. Plenty of time to get some changes and improvements though, the hardest part looks nailed now.... Finally!! after such an intense week of model swaying! Let's hope the detail improves as we go through the next few days.

Posted

I see its hapend again the snow risk for southampton has gone to 0% over night for the next 10 days oh well at least its gona be a touch colder for next few days might even feal like winter.

Posted

If you followed at the end of the previous discussion thread - Looks like I do not have to eat my hat now !!! :)

1987 in effect ! post-10554-0-18017500-1327662909_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I tend to ignore those GFS precip charts as they are generally widely inaccurate. Looking great for the cold now fingers crossed we get some decent snow but at the moment based on what I'm looking at this morning I just can't see where it comes from, everything way too slack to deliver decent snowfall to anywhere. Plenty of time to get some changes and improvements though, the hardest part looks nailed now.... Finally!! after such an intense week of model swaying! Let's hope the detail improves as we go through the next few days.

I agree because the reality is that anything could devlop within the t+6 to t+12 range when its comes to snow and it really is a radar and lamp-post watch at such a timescale.

Posted

I see its hapend again the snow risk for southampton has gone to 0% over night for the next 10 days oh well at least its gona be a touch colder for next few days might even feal like winter.

Yes, I'd give up on the weather, well at least wanting SNOW in southampton as it is impossible. :rofl: Perhaps, you should move along the coast to Eastbourne or visit the downs for a few days for your fix. Life can be so cruel sometimes when Southampton's weather is so predictable. :rofl:

BTW you make me laugh, don't you know.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Sorry coast the deadline was Thursday we have passed the cut off point,anyway it will be far too cold for stripping brrrrrrr :cold: :cold: :clap:

Huh!!!! Caveats!!!! just like where the snow may fall then eh?

946db843873f83bc00a777c39702a627d1152818_m.gif

Posted
Good ol yammers is on the ramp. Always puts a smile on my face. MetO forecast temps have dropped a bit for my area, but I must say the outlook is rather dry? I have noticed in the past 24hrs the forecast wind direction was ESE and has now changed to NE ENE.

Don't worry too much about the dry outlook. More model runs and snow will be featured much more. Just wait for JP's posts later on. I say later on because he must have fainted after seeing the Siberian Freeze Train approaching on the models. anyone got some Smelling Salts :rofl:

Posted

Some ice days and severe frosts would do me at this minute, snow cannot be rushed. :-)

Edited by No balls like Snow Balls

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Yeah jp never lost the faith once

He kept showing chart after chart of reasons to ignore various models that were flip flopping

Nice one jp

Just hope now that the models stick to this agenda and don't start messing around again

Posted

Yeah jp never lost the faith once

He kept showing chart after chart of reasons to ignore various models that were flip flopping

Nice one jp

Just hope now that the models stick to this agenda and don't start messing around again

JP & I spend hours on end researching and if there is a trend in place despite some models going in the opposite direction, we stand firm with our outcomes. I'm sure we are all looking forward to JP's RAMPING later on :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Finally we can start getting over excited in the regional threads :clapping:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Does anyone think it is safe enough to start telling friends and family yet without the worry of looking like a donut

Or do you think wait for the 12z

Posted

Does anyone think it is safe enough to start telling friends and family yet without the worry of looking like a donut

No never!!!!! Just make subtle hints by getting out your biggest jumper, coat and boots then leaning a shovel up against the front of the house! :lol:

Posted

Well i have just posted it on Facebook lol