Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cyclonic happiness

The Old BBC Weather Forum.

I was thinking back about how alot of usall met, it was on the infamous BBC board a place where all sorts of foo topic posts were allowed and all kinds of weirdos a freaks liked to spend their time ...(ehem)

Well I've routed about on my hard drive and found out an old part of a thread for you all to reminisce lol...

This was from 2005!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New visitors:

Returning members:

You are here > Weather message boards > Short to Medium Range Forecasts > A Challenge!!

Short to Medium Range Forecasts House rules | Help

Discussion:

A Challenge!!

Messages 41 - 60 of 64

First | < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | Last

Message 41 - posted by Davina_Allen, 16 Hours Ago

Okay I will finish this once and for all, Good flaw in the system there Thought I was going mad for a minute as I have never posted that How did you find this flaw in the system??

Davina

xx

Message 42 - posted by (¯`'·.¸ ·:*¨¨*:·.·:*¨¨* MISTA FREEZE *¨¨*:·.·:*¨¨*:· ¸.·'´¯) , 16 Hours Ago

Once a hacker, always a hacker..

STPB - Mr F

Message 43 - posted by ßreezy ßrum © , 16 Hours Ago

Okay I will finish this once and for all.... Good flaw in the system there I just knew.... I was going mad for a minute..... as I have never posted that I'm glad I found that flaw in....the...system.....NUFF SAID.....chuckle...

Davina

xx

Quoted message from Davina_Allen

Message 44 - posted by Davina_Allen, 16 Hours Ago

I would just like to state Davina's forecasts are a joy to behold, god imagine what people could do to Bill now this is out

Quoted message from (¯`'·.¸ ·:*¨¨*:·.·:*¨¨* MISTA FREEZE *¨¨*:·.·:*¨¨*:· ¸.·'´¯)

Quite Right Mista Freeze

Davina

xx

Message 45 - posted by (¯`'·.¸ ·:*¨¨*:·.·:*¨¨* MISTA FREEZE *¨¨*:·.·:*¨¨*:· ¸.·'´¯) , 16 Hours Ago

Well done gorgeous, you're a quick learner, now the board is gonna go into complete melt down.

'STPB' - Mr F

I would just like to state Davina's forecasts are a joy to behold, god imagine what people could do to Bill now this is out

Quite Right Mista Freeze

Davina

xx

Message 46 - posted by Davina_Allen, 16 Hours Ago

Lol...Have to pop off for a bit....Dave has just got in with the Fish & Chips....Night Mista Freeze.....Regards'

Davina

'x

Message 47 - posted by ßreezy ßrum © , 16 Hours Ago

Lol...Have to pop off for a bit....Dave has just got in with the...vindaloo....Night Mista Freeze.....Regards'.....nuff said...chuckle...

Davina

'x

Don't breath over in this direction then.

Message 48 - posted by (¯`'·.¸ ·:*¨¨*:·.·:*¨¨* MISTA FREEZE *¨¨*:·.·:*¨¨*:· ¸.·'´¯) , 16 Hours Ago

Hey Breezy, what have I started here? This place was mad already, now it will be mayhem.

'Save The Polar Bears' - Mr F

Message 49 - posted by ßreezy ßrum © , 16 Hours Ago

Hey Breezy, what have I started here? This place was mad already, now it will be mayhem.

Quoted message from (¯`'·.¸ ·:*¨¨*:·.·:*¨¨* MISTA FREEZE *¨¨*:·.·:*¨¨*:· ¸.·'´¯)

Especially the forecasting bits!

Message 50 - posted by Davina_Allen, 16 Hours Ago

Lol @ Breezy....If this gets out when the kids are on here we are in.....trouble....Nuff Said

Davina

xx

Message 51 - posted by Bill Farkin, 15 Hours Ago

Quoted message from ßreezy ßrum ©

Good evening...LondonBrum..are we still on for 18oC this week...or are you reckoning on more....heavy snow..for london...and the south east...again.????..My, how your forecasts confused...us all...last week... We are all still chuckling...away...Londonbrum...you are a ...card...L.O.L..nuff said...

Message 52 - posted by cyclonic happiness!!, 15 Hours Ago

what???????????? are you mad????

Message 53 - posted by ßreezy ßrum © , 15 Hours Ago

Good evening...Davina..are we still on for 18oC this week...or are you reckoning on more....heavy snow..for london...and the south east...again.????..My, how your forecasts confused...us all...last week... We are all still chuckling...away...Davina...you are a ...card...L.O.L..nuff said...

Quoted message from Bill Farkin

LOL

Message 54 - posted by Plushi, 15 Hours Ago

Strange how Dave-ina pops off for fish and chips then Bill Farkin pops in

Message 55 - posted by ßreezy ßrum © , 15 Hours Ago

I thought she was having a vindaloo.

Message 56 - posted by Plushi, 15 Hours Ago

Probably having both one for each personality !

Message 57 - posted by cyclonic happiness!!, 15 Hours Ago

good stuff! pray, continue!!

Message 58 - posted by Thermohaline Conveyor â„¢, 15 Hours Ago

Vindoloo, blimey i thought it was breezy down here in the Southwest, Bill close your legs my friend. hehe

Message 59 - posted by ßreezy ßrum © , 15 Hours Ago

Message 60 - posted by cyclonic happiness!!, 15 Hours Ago

hi, T.C. ,thought you'd gone to bed?????? NOT an invitation!!!! lol

First | < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | Last

Discussion:

Birdlife in danger

Message 41 - posted by cyclonic happiness!, 22 Hours Ago

Good grief!

All someone said was feed the birds.

No wonder vendettas start out of nothing!

By the way. I've been feeding the birds all winter.

Quoted message from

where i work we sell bird food ,can you imagine how embarrassing it is when asked if you have fat balls or, "your nuts aren't very big, are they?". Oh, the fun we have!!!

Message 42 - posted by londonsnow**, 8 Hours Ago

i tried to feed a bird the other day. she slapped me round the face and told me to back off.

Message 43 - posted by Nightstalker, 8 Hours Ago

I had the same problem when I tried to show a bird me nuts..

Message 44 - posted by londonsnow**, 8 Hours Ago

well i guess that would have rattled her cage

Message 45 - posted by rosie, 8 Hours Ago

what are you two like - i remember buying a square bird feeder and asking the shop assistant for square balls i did get a funny look xx

Message 46 - posted by Nightstalker, 8 Hours Ago

It was when I tried to feed them to her the trouble really began

Message 47 - posted by Davith Davies, 8 Hours Ago

Don't we have to ask for consent now if we wan't to feed the birds???

Message 48 - posted by Nightstalker, 8 Hours Ago

indeed we do, even if they have had a drinky or two, preferable a signature in triplicate

Message 49 - posted by rosie, 8 Hours Ago

right im off now before i get in over my head!! xx

Message 50 - posted by PUDDLE., 8 Hours Ago

And they could still turn out to be a cross dressing bloke.

Message 51 - posted by Nightstalker, 8 Hours Ago

Quoted message from PUDDLE.

is that experience talking???

Message 52 - posted by londonsnow**, 8 Hours Ago

would that be a ladybird?

Message 53 - posted by SnowQueen1968â„¢ , 8 Hours Ago

All he said was don't forget the birds - is that so hard to do?

SQ

Message 54 - posted by PUDDLE., 7 Hours Ago

How can you forget the birds, no dawn chorus would make for an eerie silence.

No NS it isn't from experience, how are you today,

and nice one LS, It shows that there are creatures out there to match the fairer sex.

Message 55 - posted by londonsnow**, 7 Hours Ago

personally i love birds, especially eagles

Message 56 - posted by PUDDLE., 6 Hours Ago

As an Angler, cormorants come bottom of the list.

Message 57 - posted by Bill Farkin, 6 Hours Ago

i tried to feed a bird the other day. she slapped me round the face and told me to back off.

Quoted message from londonsnow

Was that after you...took off your.... ... ... ... mask??????..L.O.L...nuff said...

Message 58 - posted by londonsnow**, 6 Hours Ago

As an Angler, cormorants come bottom of the list.

so do seagulls, i was attacked by one when i was a kid

Message 59 - posted by Bono's Ego © - Teignmouth, 5 Hours Ago

Its funny how a comment like, "Keep feeding them, the longer the cold goes on, the more vunerable they will become.

This also applies to animals which have hibernated and with the longer daylight hours, will be coming out into what they expect to be spring, not winter"

can... 'snowball' into something like this.

Quoted message from

Putting a cat amongst the pigeons, whilst it is sad to see animals struggling to deal with the harsh conditions of our late winter, it is nature’s way of naturally culling the weak.

Nature always has a habit of bouncing back stronger as a result.

As Darwin put it, ‘it’s natural selection of the fittest’, which can only benefit a species in the long run as it evolves.

Also........................................................................

Discussion:

Birdlife in danger

Messages 21 - 40 of 59

< Previous 1 2 3 Next >

Message 21 - posted by Feejai81**, Yesterday

I agree with you on that..

Iraqi people and killed British soldiers are both innocent people...

hope we'll finish soon from this disaster...

Message 22 - posted by snowbella, Yesterday

Its funny how a comment like, "Keep feeding them, the longer the cold goes on, the more vunerable they will become.

This also applies to animals which have hibernated and with the longer daylight hours, will be coming out into what they expect to be spring, not winter"

can... 'snowball' into something like this.

Message 23 - posted by sledgeman**, Yesterday

i agree with you

sorry mate! i didn't mean to get you wrought up, i just mean to say that i feel the starving million abroad get plenty of help from the majority of folk in this country ,inclueding myself. So at the present time , i think that the bird population ,in this country , deserves some consideration! nuff said!

Quoted message from cyclonic happiness!

Message 24 - posted by Feejai81**, Yesterday

i agree with you

sorry mate! i didn't mean to get you wrought up, i just mean to say that i feel the starving million abroad get plenty of help from the majority of folk in this country ,inclueding myself. So at the present time , i think that the bird population ,in this country , deserves some consideration! nuff said!

Quoted message from sledgeman

I agree too..look at the war's bill todate...

billions and billions!!!

Message 25 - posted by rosie, Yesterday

so - with that settled then - are we still feeding the poor wee birds xx

Message 26 - posted by Feejai81**, 23 Hours Ago

so - with that settled then - are we still feeding the poor wee birds xx

Quoted message from rosie

I will..promise

let all of London's birds come to me!

Message 27 - posted by rosie, 23 Hours Ago

- ok sweetie - xx

Message 28 - posted by sledgeman**, 23 Hours Ago

wat worries me more is iran if that kicks off then well anything could happen

Message 29 - posted by cyclonic happiness!, 23 Hours Ago

nnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooo!!! stop!!!!!

Message 30 - posted by sledgeman**, 23 Hours Ago

wat

nnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooo!!! stop!!!!!

Message 31 - posted by cyclonic happiness!, 23 Hours Ago

if iran kicks off, will that bring more snow to the midlands??? and if so , the birds would all fly away to france!!! lol hurrah! problem solved and back on topic!! <laughing>

Message 32 - posted by sledgeman**, 23 Hours Ago

yeah soz mate got carried away there dident a,am not in the best of moods as for the birds am sure they have had bad winters b4 and will survive

Message 33 - posted by Bill Farkin, 23 Hours Ago

The current and forecast weather, is extremely bad for birdlife.

They are getting ready to breed, but food will still be scarce if the ground is frozen, and the trees and shrubs where they usually nest, are still leafless, giving them scant cover.

Keep feeding them, the longer the cold goes on, the more vunerable they will become.

This also applies to animals which have hibernated and with the longer daylight hours, will be coming out into what they expect to be spring, not winter!

Quoted message from

The ground is hardly freezing ????? for heavensake...we cut the lawn at the weekend...the birds have lost intrest in the bird...feeders now...as the first spring buds....and bulbs are now open.... It might be on the chilly side...but the parakeetes are chirping..happily away...in the tree tops....The first Acer trees mind you...are normally well past the bud stage...so its definitley running a couple of weeks late...nuff said...

Message 34 - posted by cyclonic happiness!, 23 Hours Ago

The current and forecast weather, is extremely bad for birdlife.

They are getting ready to breed, but food will still be scarce if the ground is frozen, and the trees and shrubs where they usually nest, are still leafless, giving them scant cover.

Keep feeding them, the longer the cold goes on, the more vunerable they will become.

This also applies to animals which have hibernated and with the longer daylight hours, will be coming out into what they expect to be spring, not winter!

The ground is hardly freezing ????? for heavensake...we cut the lawn at the weekend...the birds have lost intrest in the bird...feeders now...as the first spring buds....and bulbs are now open.... It might be on the chilly side...but the parakeetes are chirping..happily away...in the tree tops....The first Acer trees mind you...are normally well past the bud stage...so its definitley running a couple of weeks late...nuff said...

Quoted message from Bill Farkin

I work in a plant nursery and this is the first year, for about five years, i have not seen the hawthorne in full leaf by the end of february! also , all the other plants seem to be holding back for something?? i've not seen this before?

Message 35 - posted by jomax2, 23 Hours Ago

Leaving food out for the birds (who weren't desperate enough to eat it quickly) has earned me a rat living under my shed so I'm leaving them to fend for themselves!

Message 36 - posted by cyclonic happiness!, 23 Hours Ago

Leaving food out for the birds (who weren't desperate enough to eat it quickly) has earned me a rat living under my shed so I'm leaving them to fend for themselves!

Quoted message from jomax2

iraq living under your shed????????

Message 37 - posted by High_Pressure.°, 23 Hours Ago

Just fed my squirrel - his nuts had frozen

Message 38 - posted by cyclonic happiness!, 23 Hours Ago

Quoted message from High_Pressure.°

but ,according to farkin , it's not cold enough for them to freeze! are you sure they're not just numb!!?? perhaps you should give them a squeeze to make sure!!!

Message 39 - posted by High_Pressure.°, 22 Hours Ago

but ,according to farkin , it's not cold enough for them to freeze! are you sure they're not just numb!!?? perhaps you should give them a squeeze to make sure!!!

No, definitely frozen in my part of the world although you’re probably right about farkin. There'd just be numb nuts where he lives

Message 40 - posted by greeneggssnham, 22 Hours Ago

Good grief!

All someone said was feed the birds.

No wonder vendettas start out of nothing!

By the way. I've been feeding the birds all winter.

How could I of forgotten the Allen family that seemed to post on that board, must of been the whole family posted on there!

Dave Allen seemed the one I recognised although seeing Davina bought back memories two...

Yes Mr Allen and his side kick Bill Farkin. The Beeb could only take so much before the duo caused so much grief as to implode the site. Not so fond memories of "cut off point" to winter , grebes and tales from the greenhouse.

Seem to remember the Beeb were going to revamp the site.

It's been a while, do you think they might have forgotten ? :)

I remember the BBC board with a mixture of fondness and horror, the latter at the way it degenerated towards the end.

I wonder how many of the current members on here started on there? Those were the days when Stratos Ferric was Atmos Ferric, I also wonder where/why he went, I used to like his dry wit.

LOL that board brings back some memories.I remember joining that board in 2002-2003 when I was a 14 year old! I can't remember my name really but I think it was something like Leicester_Snowmad_Andy or something along those lines. I once got accused of being Bill Farkin or one of the Allens. I don't know why because I acted nothing like them, was probably because I was a complete novice back then and probably asked stupid questions about the Weather and models :lol:

Yes i posted on there for a year or so and remember Bill Farkin and his grebes plus the Allen family.

I think a few of us cut our teeth on there.

I seem to remember Steve M. and I think Nick S on there too.

It was good for a while but with little or no moderation it`s demise was inevitable-shame really.

He did a beautician course and has a small salon in Bacup last I heard.

How absolutely lovely!

Sometimes it feels as if it's alive and well, masquerading as the 12Z Model Output Discussion.

I remember that John Fallon (It will be mild- [email protected]) got up many people's backsides initially, but after a while many saw humour behind his posts, and took them light-heartedly. The forum as a whole was actually quite good in my opinion during the first half-year after I joined, with no evidence that it had been any different beforehand- shame it went downhill after that.

I remember that John Fallon (It will be mild- [email protected]) got up many people's backsides initially, but after a while many saw humour behind his posts, and took them light-heartedly. The forum as a whole was actually quite good in my opinion during the first half-year after I joined, with no evidence that it had been any different beforehand- shame it went downhill after that.

It was a really friendly, somewhat exciteable place, especially when snow was due.

The posts used to come so fast you'd have a page within seconds and it would get all out of sync with the replies lol!

And who can forget "will it snow in Carlisle"? It was so annoying - I never thought that one day I'd be pleased for that person to sign up here at Netweather. And I was right.

Good old 'slow watch'. My first experience with forums. I was so pleased with myself, putting together a forecast based on absolutely nothing, nailing it, and thinking there could be something in this for me.

And who can forget "will it snow in Carlisle"? It was so annoying - I never thought that one day I'd be pleased for that person to sign up here at Netweather. And I was right.

Time and time again. One forecast that you could guarantee success... those words appearing on your screen at the slightest hint of cold.

Times have changed. It's not so much the questions, it's the reports. Netweather is host to the 'Telford sleet' micro climate phenomena.

Farkin's Allan's and ,not daring forget, Lady P.

Sad to say a few of my ruminations on the Arctic back them are now 'old news'.

yes Bill Farkin and his Grebes and his Greenhouse tales, mostly where hilarous..wonder what happened to him? lol