Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands, East Anglia & The 3 Counties Regional Discussion - Part 5

A.J

Posted

Shouldnt worry too much it won't reach the area until late sun and will start as rain anyway. Monday morning rush hour could be interesting though!

Oh that's good to here should be alrght to go away. Dont mind about rush hour as I only have to walk to school (yes selfish;))

Still just rain here, miserable out there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

the weekends prospects starting to remind of me (again a weekend) of 11-12 March 06, was a failure as I only saw a few light flurries, as the front never really made it this far east

Posted

the weekends prospects starting to remind of me (again a weekend) of 11-12 March 06, was a failure as I only saw a few light flurries, as the front never really made it this far east

Sods law says it won't make it this far! Bonus is though if it doesn't then it means the easterly has dug in and we could get snow showers so win win IMO

Posted

Sods law says it won't make it this far! Bonus is though if it doesn't then it means the easterly has dug in and we could get snow showers so win win IMO

would be true that, as its a better time of year, continental air won out on the battle of 11-13 Mar 2006, did have a bit of snow on the 16th

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

6 inches of snow battleground April 08 AJ? where was that? I had around 2 inches on the 6th, coming down from north

yes, I built a huge snowman....I remember you (under your previous screen name) reporting 4-5 inches just up the road from me) ...think it was the 4th april

Posted

Someone at MetO been sleeping on the job today. Ice warning issued for West Midlands @ 19.57 valid from 20.00pm through till 11am Friday morning. 3 minute warning! Lets hope whoever did this does'nt have to issue warnings for a major life changing event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Someone at MetO been sleeping on the job today. Ice warning issued for West Midlands @ 19.57 valid from 20.00pm through till 11am Friday morning. 3 minute warning! Lets hope whoever did this does'nt have to issue warnings for a major life changing event.

The days of looking out the window long gone, all model watching nowdays, could be a blizzard outside but if its not on 'will it rain today' doesn't count.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Actually starting to look forward to tomorrow and the late weekend now with some possible wintry chances. Considering the Met Office were only predicting showers this evening to fall as snow over high ground of the Staffordshire peaks (even though they did mention wintry showers), when in fact we have had people to the South of the region report sleet/hail/wet snow is pretty good going. :)

Well done to all who have seen some wintry weather so far. And good luck to those who are still wanting to see some sleet/snow. :)

Posted

yes, I built a huge snowman....I remember you (under your previous screen name) reporting 4-5 inches just up the road from me) ...think it was the 4th april

was 6th, the 4th looks like a warmish April day with a high to the south, but not battleground event

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

was 6th, the 4th looks like a warmish April day with a high to the south, but not battleground event

good god Mark!...you just don't get it do you?......I could've just deleted your post as being off-topic.baiting & trying to point score, but have decided that it should stay so the point is illustrated...I frankly couldn't care less whether it was the 1st, 2nd 3rd........6th of whatever month, who cares whether it was 1mm or 20 meters of snow! The whole point of my post was to make the point that winter IS NOT over, to take heed of advice from the experts, expect the unexpected, don't dwell on the negative, don't take the 'glass is half empty rather than half full'............This thread is for discussing the weather, not for the same old posters moaning...If people want to moan, bleet and make the thread miserable to read then fine, they will be either edited or moved to the correct thread (the whining thread)

Posted

Wow big snowflakes out there now.

Did I miss it?? I just heard rain!!! LOL xxx

Posted

some showers spilling in across Wales now, heading for the west midlands, they'll probably weaken somewhat but the GFS radar overlay has them as snow...here's hoping! :)

Posted

Definitely some encouraging signs looking at the radar. Those showers in Wales are looking quite organised. Seriously beginning to think they may just reach far enough in land to invade... The Midlands. :D

Posted

Did I miss it?? I just heard rain!!! LOL xxx

Lol you didnt miss much, mostly rain with few minutes of hail and about 90 sconds of heavy snow LOL. Maybe sunday/monday will be the day or snow shield will be really broken mrssf, fingers crossed.

Posted

Mind popping up a radar image can't acsess it on iPod :) up

Definitely some encouraging signs looking at the radar. Those showers in Wales are looking quite organised. Seriously beginning to think they may just reach far enough in land to invade... The Midlands. :D

Posted

Lol you didnt miss much, mostly rain with few minutes of hail and about 90 sconds of heavy snow LOL. Maybe sunday/monday will be the day or snow shield will be really broken mrssf, fingers crossed.

Hope so, its my little boys 11th Birthday on Monday! Would be brilliant if we could have a snow day!! LOL xxx

Posted

Mind popping up a radar image can't acsess it on iPod :) up

No probs. :)

(Arrow showing direction of movement).

post-10703-0-12322100-1327616070_thumb.j

(Copyright @ Netweather)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looking rather healthy over Wales right now. Organisation seems to be allowing a good chance of something reaching here. Certainly more than what the charts suggested! However lets hope its wintry. Still, rain sleet or snow an ice risk by morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

it never ceases to amaze me with the weather in the Uk. We get tons of mild wet weather and then when the chance for a bit of cold weather comes it always ends up in a 'will it, won't it' situation and usually doesn't materialise. Even having 2 days of guaranteed snow out of 365 isn't asking too much, but here in soggy mild britain, it seems it is. I'll believe the snow forecasts if it ever decides to fall.