Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands, East Anglia & The 3 Counties Regional Discussion - Part 5

A.J

Posted

Heavy batch of snow showers now pushing into Oxfordshire and towards SW Northants. Could be interesting over the region in an hours time if the showers can hold their intensity!

Re Sun we are in uppers of -5 and few points of -1c by sun evening. Uncertanty is how far west the front will get. Best case scenario IMO is it stalls over our area for 24 hrs giving us a dumping then the easterly pushes it back and we get snow showers.

Edited by Tim Bland

Posted

Heavy batch of snow showers now pushing into Oxfordshire and towards SW Northants. Could be interesting over the region in an hours time if the showers can hold their intensity!

looking at the radar, they will not get this far east?

Posted

Hiya WTS. December there was snow, pretty poor though. 200M up they had 5". Just looked out the front door now, still coming down. Grass has changed colour but the paths and roads are drenched. That place (Birdlip, Glos) must be getting caned now. When I get a covering, they get 1/2 foot and its only 3 miles away. :$

Nice one pal, at least you have something, I have only seen wet snow that did not settle at all!

Re Sun we are in uppers of -5 and few points of -1c by sun evening. Uncertanty is how far west the front will get. Best case scenario IMO is it stalls over our area for 24 hrs giving us a dumping then the easterly pushes it back and we get snow showers.

I guess this is too far north to give me any snow showers then!

Posted

This, I think they will fizzle a lot before reaching cambs and herts etc, will be keeping an eye on the radar though! Edited by Hughsey

Posted

They still look pretty intense to me and pressure is currently falling so I expect them to make it into beds bucks and west Herts at least.

Posted

They still look pretty intense to me and pressure is currently falling so I expect them to make it into beds bucks and west Herts at least.

just had another look and, almost becoming an organised band, thining out but more intesity?

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Should do they are heading east, the bulk of it north of Hertford though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

would you expand on that Shotski, because the lack of text in your post means your post is ambiguous as best...I mean it could mean that you just been cutting up onions making you cry, then stubbed your toe on the kitchen door making you angry, whilst trying to use your laptop for posting a weather chart....

.....I know what you mean, but the majority of members wouldn't......and besides the chart you've posted is 6 days away, which in the current volatile climate of the model outputs has about as much chance of verifying as Leicester City getting a decent football team (said that as I see Andy lurking....lol)

Yep sorry Aj, the chart basicly shows upper air temps 850 cutting under the Uk and putting Greece in the freezer again !!!!!

Lets Hope that High can get a little further west and not sink in FI. Still looking decent :good:

Posted

A chance of snow showers over the region from 7 pm until 9pm tonight according to the invent. Next chance is tommorow evening according to the NAE. A mainly dry sat and sun but a chance of more wet snow sun night into Monday as the Atlantic bumps into the cold air / uppers over the region. Why people ate fretting over FI when snow is on our doorstep is beyond me!

Bbc look East concurs with my above forecast from earlier

Posted

A chance of snow showers over the region from 7 pm until 9pm tonight according to the invent. Next chance is tommorow evening according to the NAE. A mainly dry sat and sun but a chance of more wet snow sun night into Monday as the Atlantic bumps into the cold air / uppers over the region. Why people ate fretting over FI when snow is on our doorstep is beyond me!

Posted

Yeah I take back my earlier post, showers do look like reaching our region, although do you think it will be too warm (4 degrees here, 0.4 DP) for snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

You could have put Radders if you like :rofl:. In all seriousness I have given a reasonable explanation of why I wrote that status, which is probably a status out of sheer frustration. I could probably use a couple of days off from the models, but they are just too interesting too miss out on sadly. That and the fact the cricket is on in Australia/UAE at the moment will keep me interested for at least the next couple of days. Perhaps my post was over the top - but it just feels like everyone is using the word 'trend' in virtually every post they make in the MO thread, when its quite clear that the only 'trend' we've seen in the last month or so is 'cold in FI, shown for a few days, get excited, backtrack, look back at the trends' etc. You can surely see why its frustrating.

Like ive said - personally cold dry weather mays well be atlantic system after system, snow is what im after and it can snow on largescales until the middle of March, so im jumping the gun with the 'winters over' - that being said, im not the only one and there's ALOT of empathy with the models currently - from some of the more experienced members too.

Sorry Radders, it seems like I've singled you out, I haven't :) .....just gets on my boobies after a while with all the negative posting that goes on, and believe me, you're not the only one with the 'peed off' status updates.....a wintry spell is in the offing, starting right now judging by the snow reports in the south of our region, with numerous opportunities for either easterlies or even better, battleground scenarios to get excited about, and, if they don't pan, then don't despair, there will be other opportunities before the season is over...don't forget 1st week in April 2008, a frontal battle ground gave us 6 inches of snow! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Dewpoint's 0ºC and the temperature's 3.4ºC and falling, uppers -4.8ºC. It's enough. On the radar it's showing a big wodge of sleet over the Midlands heading east.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

Ditto just up the road from you.

Wasn't really expecting it, but It's bloody cold out! Wouldn't be surprised if it's our only snow of the winter if the models keep on changing their minds!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Big flakes of wet snow falling in Moulton Northants too. Temp 2.7c and dewpoint of 0.5c

Edited by jimben

Posted

Yeah I take back my earlier post, showers do look like reaching our region, although do you think it will be too warm (4 degrees here, 0.4 DP) for snow?

Conditions should be ok for wet snow as the air mass associated with the band is colder also evap colling will help. Band is fizzling out to the south tho. Best areas in the next couple of hrs are Northants, NW cambs and north Bucks. Further south will see a brief flurry around 830 pm. Tommorow between 5pm and 8 pm look good for the whole area as a front sweeps south. The real deal is Sunday night into Monday though :)

Edited by Tim Bland

Posted

Raining here now, could see a little while of precipitation so will keep my eye out for any flakes.

And agreed tim, Sunday certainly holds a lot more interest. Meant to be going to Notts to see all the family on sunday and will stay till late, unfortunately though if the weather is bad we won't go, trust the snow chance to come at the worst possible time

Posted

Raining here now, could see a little while of precipitation so will keep my eye out for any flakes.

And agreed tim, Sunday certainly holds a lot more interest. Meant to be going to Notts to see all the family on sunday and will stay till late, unfortunately though if the weather is bad we won't go, trust the snow chance to come at the worst possible time

Shouldnt worry too much it won't reach the area until late sun and will start as rain anyway. Monday morning rush hour could be interesting though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

6 inches of snow battleground April 08 AJ? where was that? I had around 2 inches on the 6th, coming down from north