Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands, East Anglia & The 3 Counties Regional Discussion - Part 5

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, the last thread has meandered along for what seems like millenia......and with the prospects of some wintry weather in the short, medium & long term, a shiny new thread for you to chat away in

linky for the previous thread here -------> http://forum.netweat...4/page__st__560

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just watched Newsnight BBC forecast — there was a dab of snow over my location for tomorrow morning — at 10 am. Wow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Went to bed last night and a raging easterly was on the cards, got up this morning and its all change :cray:

going to give the models a miss for a bit before i go :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Lol, had a feeling that forecasted snow wouldn't actually happen. The uppers looked too warm even for frontal edge snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Woke up shis morning to heavy sleet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A bit of wet snow here early this morning but it soon turned to sleet and nothing settled. A thin cover above about 450m earlier but most of this has now thawed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all, went to bed last night with a thick frost covering and temp of 1.4°C and woke up to yucky drizzle and 2.7 °C :angel:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Hello all :) Well no sign of any snow here in Malvern despite the MetO yellow alert. At 4oC that wasn't going to happen. Terribly soggy instead, and foggy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Will it, won't it??.....early morning 06z run shows some nice wintry weather in the not too distant future, with some potential for 'battleground' scenarios (which for most of us bring the biggest dumpings) tieing in quite nicely with the other model output...Still early doors, but it seems the synoptically the building blocks are falling into place..the trends for a switch to a colder, potentially snowy pattern have been quietly humming away for several days, now they're starting to to sing with increasing volume :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Will it, won't it??.....early morning 06z run shows some nice wintry weather in the not too distant future, with some potential for 'battleground' scenarios (which for most of us bring the biggest dumpings) tieing in quite nicely with the other model output...Still early doors, but it seems the synoptically the building blocks are falling into place..the trends for a switch to a colder, potentially snowy pattern have been quietly humming away for several days, now they're starting to to sing with increasing volume :good:

Is that a definite maybe then? :p Honestly it's like a carrot held just out of reach! I hope we do get one decent dumping of snow before winter's gone, just for those who really want to see some. This year I'm not too bothered, but it's always magical to see the white stuff. So, how distant is distant? By the weekend? :cold:

Posted

Very tense here on the forum today, we can't really be blamed there is so much at stake at the minute what with ECM saying yes, the meto saying 'aww go on then' and the GFS saying 'ok...no wait!....erm well maybe...not a chance!.....ok then!' we all are on the adeges of our seats.

That the meto hasn't said no outright is encouraging as TEITS said, if we get the cold setup progged, the Midlands could get a really and I mean REALLY snowey spell rivaling the cold spells of yore.

We didn't even get sleet here last night but I'm not too worried, I don't believe in God but tonight I'm gonna be at church praying my backside off :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

I don't know what to beleave anymore we in the wm always seem's to be the bride's made and not the bride regarding cold and snow. Just like dec 2011 snowed all around us here in brum we didn't even get a flake.

Posted

Unsurprisingly, no snow falling today here, just a miserable day of cold and rain.

People on the forum seem to be getting worried that we may be in for a snowless winter, however I am hopeful that we may see at least a little snow this winter, the models still look interesting, and we still have all of February to get through yet, one thing seems clear, we will either see mild weather dominate the rest of winter, or be in for some very cold, snowy weather, I look forward to seeing which one it is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I am hopeful that we may see at least a little snow this winter, the models still look interesting....

Well some of them do.....

post-10773-0-76154000-1327426642_thumb.p

...for some of us anyway :good:

however I am a little concerned that the area of nothingness on this one could be over Peterborough :whistling:

Posted

however I am a little concerned that the area of nothingness on this one could be over Peterborough :whistling:

You just know it will be! :) xxx

Posted

Snow now looking increasingly likely for next week!Even the MetO binned one of their mild models earlier tonight, im starting to get excited now, anyway well have to see what the morning brings, time to try and get back to sleep now.

Posted

LOL didn't notice that, unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

I want to be excited about this potential snow next week but I daren't! But I swear if one more person this week says to me" Well, at least it's mild, not like all that snow we had last year" I will not be responsible for my actions!!!!! How can they not hate this 'non weather' ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I want to be excited about this potential snow next week but I daren't! But I swear if one more person this week says to me" Well, at least it's mild, not like all that snow we had last year" I will not be responsible for my actions!!!!! How can they not hate this 'non weather' ?

bad when people say that, worse is, when someone says its raining, then a reply 'at least its not snow', or its better than snow

how the hell can rain be better than snow? rain by far the worst weather, snow by far the best

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

3 bad GFS runs in a row, a slack UKMO and a poor mid term ECM today - complete back track in the mid term today and a potentially risky evolution. The 'trend' is still positive, but it has been for 3 weeks now. But for 'snow' which is the only reason 99% of people want it to be cold I'd say its a nono tonight.Things are volatile and likely to change but id currently be willing to bet £100 that the midlands wont see widespread settling snow between now and next weekend. Sadly :80:

Posted

Forget the model runs for a bit...forget the cold and snow that may/probably not/is/isn't coming.

The next 24 hours have caught my interest a bit for different reasons.

It's started already with some pre-frontal showers...quite potent little fellas too.

Then we have the front itself rapidly approaching..certainily looking interesting on the radar.

Then the chance of some lively showers, possibly hail and thunder, tomorrow with crisp blue skies in between making it quite a photogenic day.

So chin up folks...it won't be snow but something more interesting than recently will be happening outside our windows any moment now!

Posted

Meto website has just updated, and the forecast temperatures are colder than it was before on Sunday.

Edited by xanadu

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

thanks xan