Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - January Part 2

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Just rain here so far

Posted

1c here currently and rain. Cold, dark and miserable....ah well, could be worse :lazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

It's possible that we could see rain turning to snow in the next few hours,but the precip is perhaps not heavy enough for that. Good models overnight,well other than the gfs but it will no doubt flip around a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

wee cm of snow here the morn.

must have been that latent cooling thingy...

Edited by scottish skier

Just rain here so far

That's a first, snow here and not in East Kilbride...I only realised it had been snowing because I read it on Facebook :rofl: Just shows how much I've abandoned the weather this year. Didn't even bother curtain twitching when I got up this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Nice one mardatha........ just rain here and not even my expected sleet....although its big icy drops of rain so completely miserable walking into work.....GFS looking decidely dodgy flat and zonal I think....UKMO still on board to an extent with ECM still cold ramping :D

2.1 degrees here and a dewpoint of -8.3.... yes the dewpoint would appear broken

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Nice one mardatha........ just rain here and not even my expected sleet....although its big icy drops of rain so completely miserable walking into work.....GFS looking decidely dodgy flat and zonal I think....UKMO still on board to an extent with ECM still cold ramping :D

2.1 degrees here and a dewpoint of -8.3.... yes the dewpoint would appear broken

Yep crapp rain again..I just don't think it will ever snow this year now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Rain here this morning, nae doubt it will be snow when I get to the car - ha ! Fun driving this morning :)

Posted

heavy snow continues here. Winter tyre morning for sure.

M74 borders cams showing whiteout, so looks like there could be a fair fall this morning over the borders hills before milder air pushes in behind it.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Rain and lots of it here too!! More models disturbances - oh well another new day another day to keep watching developments on the models.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

UKMO and ECM are content with bringing the cold still on the 00z. GFS is on its spring holidays still.

UKMO at 144 and the cold creeping west over the continent, again the Fax charts are the ones to watch as the forecasters get a handle on who the energy undercuts the high and spins the cold air over.

post-7292-0-98354400-1327392039_thumb.gi

10 days out and ECM paints a very chilly picture.

post-7292-0-83311500-1327392054_thumb.gi

GFS 00z is destined for the shredder, 1 because I don't like the look of it and secondly it is most probably an outlier or defaults to ramping the jet too much.

12z in the MT today is going to be madness. Enjoy the snow if you get some !! Off to the coalmines to ramp the snow and get sent hame to watch the models.

Posted

To quote some famous last words...

"I am just going outside and may be some time"

:cold:

Salt mines calling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

wee cm of snow here the morn.

must have been that latent cooling thingy...

Doesn't help if there's no ppn to do the latent cooling tho :fool:

1C and drizabone here.

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Snaw cover here from about 700 ft ASL! :cold:

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Yep crapp rain again..I just don't think it will ever snow this year now!

Keep the faith November 13 I am sure we will all see something Before February is out............ confidence 70%... may not be a big freeze snowfest but snowy and prolonged enough to give a bit of fun.

Posted

Keep the faith November 13 I am sure we will all see something Before February is out............ confidence 70%... may not be a big freeze snowfest but snowy and prolonged enough to give a bit of fun.

Yeh it's been a pretty poor January clutching at marginal events. What we want is 100% freezing definate snow in February none of this will it won't it nonsense. :cray:

Posted

Calm, 1c , dry above and frozen ground /puddles here but heavily snow clad hills across the Firth were standing out against a black cloudy sky this morning when I shifted the neep electric fence for the cows Almost an omminous looking cloud and landscape.Everything was very still and you could almost smell the snow coming. Lo and behold came in for a quick quick cup of tea and a look at the models and it seems we are getting nearer to an easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

No precipitation of any kind here or when I woke up over the forth - grey overcast but dry.

Some major standing water in fields between the Bridge and S.Gyle stations, though, so I'm assuming some heavy rainfall overnight at any rate.

The more I read of vasectomies, the happier I am that I'm nearly old enough not to have to worry!

Posted

Commuters across large parts of Scotland have been urged to take care as snow and ice are expected to affect travelling conditions.

The Met Office has issued a yellow "be aware" warning for Highlands, Central, Tayside, Fife, Strathclyde, Lothian and Borders and south west areas. Forecasters said rain moving east across the UK was likely to turn to sleet and snow during the day.

Snow was making visibility poor on the M74 at Junction 12 to 15 at Beattock. Forecasters warned of accumulations of 2-5cm likely for a time before turning to rain as temperatures slowly rise. They said some sleet and wet snow may fall across the higher parts of the mate and M74 for a time too, turning to rain as slightly milder air moves in.

On Monday police dealt with a spate of crashes on a motorway and other minor routes throughout Dumfries and Galloway in icy conditions. Two separate accidents were reported on the stretch of the A74(M) within the region. One lane was blocked on the southbound section at Annandale Services with two northbound lanes closed near Moffat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-16683010

Posted

^

Yep, there's a bit of slushy snow still on the ground here despite the last few hours of steady, cold drizzle. There were a good few cm lying first thing though.but with outside temperature now up to 2.3C and steadily rising, it'll be back to mud & green by darktime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Yucky drizzle/wet rain!! still feeling quite raw.... Not a day for being outside toomuch. Luckily had a meeting this morning so only outside for a time today. :good:

Hoping when i look at the models things are looking good. Fingers and toes x

Edited by snowy owl