Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robbie Garrett

Virgin Media....

UK Outage, was anyone affected? I not long got back up, after having connection issues since 5pm

Do you know why it went down anybody?

Yes, i was mate. broadband was slow, lost the tv and phone line though

Incidently, the same must have happened here as well. In my case, only the internet & phone went down, the TV being ok.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

I did notice a lot of sites were not connecting properly, I couldnt get on Netweather for example, so that would explain it

I will be asking for a 2 hour refund.. :rofl:

Good Luck on that one :lol:

Mine went down too :fool:! So I done the usual and turned the computer off to see if it would connect again, lol. But my daughters mp3 player was in a usb port and the computer wouldn't load past the bios menu :help: , all sorts went through my mind, mainly not wanting to buy new parts for my computer as im skint, lol. Took an hour of mucking about with computer open, then just pulled out the mp3 player and Bobs your uncle and you know the rest, lol! ;)

Just gone down again for me, only some websites are affected though. Amazon and BBC aren't working here.

EDIT: TV/phone working though.

Mine was down for about 2.5 hours from 6pmish. This was the message on their status page:

"If you're calling having lost your internet connection since 5pm, we are currently experiencing a nationwide fault resulting in loss or intermittent loss of connection. Please do not change any of the settings on your router. You may need to power down your router for 5 minutes and then turn back on, one or more times to re-establish your connection. Our engineers are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Virgin Media apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Seems to be all back up for my area now.

Yes dead effectively in the water still.

Got dual wan so I'm on my 02 connection. This is one of the reasons why I won't ditch 02. Virgin quicker but unrelable 02 slower but always gets you there.

Yep, same here. Had very slow connection around 5pm (Normally pay for 50meg only got 1-2meg at best) but was still manageable.

Around 6pm everything had gone down including phone line. But then around 7.30 it all came on again and was speedy again!

Still having some drop outs and my speed is only around 35meg, but can't really complain about the speed. Maybe the drop outs! :rofl:

Some people in my area are still without broadband as I can see from there twitter/facebook posts! Thank god for mobile networks!

Our internet has been rather slow at times this evening but nothing compared to the reports elsewhere it seems. Were one of the lucky ones for once it seems. :lol:

Yes same scenario here as Blizzards, wasn't able to access a few websites earlier though all seems fine now.

Mine was slow too earlier and sometimes wouldn't load pages at all. Bit faster now but nowhere near as fast as usual.

still down here ....

Funny you should say this.My tv said account closed no subscription(tivo) although the other box worked.

When i phoned after ages on the phone we got it back,the bloke said they update from san fransisco every 24 hrs and alot of probs will be sorted then.I didnt relise there was a national problem till i read this, and was wondering this morning why i cant get on 'two' and my radio on pc.I ran a speed teat and its lower than it should be.But that shouldnt be why i can get on some sites and not on others?

There's something going on.Last week my oldest daughters box just died,now i have them coming out coz my others daughters box now has too. And my bedroom one is now saying weird things.

Perhaps 2012 is meltdown year???