Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Caught The Twitching Bug?

jethro

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Last night about 11pm I was sat outside listening to a bird singing it's little heart out. It wasn't a Robin, a Thrush or Blackbird but other than that, I've no idea what it was. Is there even a glimmer of hope that it may have been a Nightingale?

Posted

Last night about 11pm I was sat outside listening to a bird singing it's little heart out. It wasn't a Robin, a Thrush or Blackbird but other than that, I've no idea what it was. Is there even a glimmer of hope that it may have been a Nightingale?

Sorry Jethro, won't be a Nightingale. They are making their way across West Africa at the moment. Arrive in England late April / May. Fairly scarce in your part of the world. Maybe it could of been a Wren ? or Chaffinch? Blackcap get often mistaken for Nightingale, they also have a wonderful song !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Sorry Jethro, won't be a Nightingale. They are making their way across West Africa at the moment. Arrive in England late April / May. Fairly scarce in your part of the world. Maybe it could of been a Wren ? or Chaffinch? Blackcap get often mistaken for Nightingale, they also have a wonderful song !

I thought I was hoping for too much. Whatever it was, it was lovely to listen to, although quite odd to hear at night and rather eerie through the really dense fog/low cloud.