Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ws 2500 Spares

Hi All,

This is my first post. I have a WS 2500 ( made by La Crosse or Technoline? 2006 model ) and the external temp/humidity sensor is showing erroneously high readings, then occassionally showing accurate readings, so I am guessing the sensor is on its way out and needs replacing. I have dismantled, cleaned and hoovered but no joy. Part number is WS-7000-25 but I have had no joy in finding a supplier. Do any of you know where I can buy this sensor? Many Thanks.

Posted

I was in there yesterday so should have had a word for you. Try these guys then:

http://www.skyview.co.uk/dept1/acatalog/Lacrosse_Spares_Accessories.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted

Resurrecting this thread ......

My WS2500 console has just died but as it was purchased at the start of 2004 I guess that isn't too bad ! So, I wondered if anyone was interested in making me a reasonable offer for the instruments (as a job lot) to act as spares. I have 2 standard thermometers, a battery operated thermometer which I use for grass temps, a rain gauge, anemometer and the brightness instrument. I think the latter may need a new battery.

The reason I have two thermometers is possibly the same as mentioned above. It started giving spurious readings so I replaced it. Earlier this year the same happened to its replacement. Luckily I had retained the faulty one so I charged it up and its been fine since. My theory is that moisture can sometime cause problems. I have found this happens from time to time with the grass thermometer also.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Hi,

My thermo/hygro sensor died. And I have now replaced my station with a Fine Offset/Maplins station.

I have a selection of spares for sale:

Ws-2350 Wind Sensor (the cupped version)

2 x "TechnoLine" Consoles

Rain Bucket/Gauge

happy to receive any offers...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

I am interested - I thought my rain gauge had died, but seems to have recently come back to life (has done this before and no doubt will do it again) and my wind sensor is missing a cup. I have had it for a couple of years now - how old is your kit?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

OK thanks. I may leave it then as it sounds like your kit is about the same age as mine anyway. Good luck selling on though.

Posted

I have a ws2350 and all is working fine, apart from I changed my computer from windows to Mac, does anybody know of any software that I can use / buy to display my reading on a Mac computer?