Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Free (yes Free!) And V6 Weather Radar's Now Online

Paul

Posted

The new V6 version is very good, especially the map, new scale and ATD lightning data. Though there is one thing that in a way makes me prefer the V4 version though it might be just with my computer. When clicking through the frames or moving the slider, the old image usually disappears before the new one so it 'flickers' i.e a brief 'flash' of blank before the new image loads, where as V4 retained the previous image until the new one loaded and it ran smoothly, making it much easier to see the direction of movement. Because of this I sometimes find my self flicking back to V4 to get a better idea. The animation plays smoothly, but I can only really review the last hour at a set speed then.

Occasionally like earlier today it actually loads and plays the images smoothly with no delay/'flickering' between the files, and it really looks amazing when you play it back then and watch the motion of the rain/showers. Basically I was wondering if this is a local issue to me, or if not if it's possible to make it so it plays back images without removing the previous image before the next one loads (not sure how much I'm making sense here) as that would make it much better still. Thanks :)

Edited by Stormmad26

• 3 months later...

I have an android Samsung Galaxy Ace mobile phone

I find that I can rarely view V6 radar on my mobile phone - all I get is a white square with a static clock at midnight and the menu loaded on the right-hand-side

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this problem ?

Note that V4 works fine on my mobile - but I have problems with v6 - it very rarely works

Edited by sriram