Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

3.0 here and stable.. I cant see much more of a rise, maybe a fall when the cloud clears away after midnight?

Can't see the cloud clearing. Looking at the satellite, it's continuing to push North.

2.7C with a DP of 1.5C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Well as it moves eastwards that appeared to be the deal but maybe not, only issue is the westerly winds might usher in faster!

Posted

Well as it moves eastwards that appeared to be the deal but maybe not, only issue is the westerly winds might usher in faster!

Quicker this moves through, the quicker the NW'erly winds can dig in.

I don't mind missing a non-event for a day of sunshine and hail showers tomorrow.

:o

The temperature has just shot down half a degree in 3 minutes. Awesome.

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonally appropriate. Snow - not greedy - good above 1,500' fine
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.

How about this for a lot of snow - Lake District Ski Club on Raise nr Helvellyn http://www.ldscsnowski.co.uk/page24.html

Tow is in a good snow holding part of the hill, to put the depth into context the pylons are 5m high. The building in the second picture is the engine house for the tow. Burried at the end of the building nearest the camera is the powder room - recently built loo. Rumoured to be 2nd highest in England! Highest is Great Dun Fell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Down to 3.2c now, cloud is more broken.

Posted

Temperature falling 3 times faster now under cloudy skies than it was before under clear skies!!!

Wind has died almost completely down.

Down to 2.1C from 2.8C in a matter of 6-7 minutes! :o

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

I've already got a bad feeling about this. The whole shebang looks too far south, even for here. You can bet that if the system was bearing rain I'd be in the firing line, as I have been all month with the rain.

And then there's the prospect of a mild run-up to Christmas. Oh joy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

Posted

I've already got a bad feeling about this. The whole shebang looks too far south, even for here. You can bet that if the system was bearing rain I'd be in the firing line, as I have been all month with the rain.

And then there's the prospect of a mild run-up to Christmas. Oh joy.

We're in the firing line for that little feature sat in the Irish Sea. But it'll be rain. Dewpoints are too high. Mine is 1.1C.

Met Office must be baffled. That's been shifted further North again.

Lovely!!! :D

Posted

And here comes the cloud, and the temperature is shooting up like a rocket.

2.5C, up from 2.3C.

My temp is going down..which contradicts yours...im at 2.4C and falling, and my dp is 1.3C and falling too..

Posted

My temp is going down..which contradicts yours...im at 2.4C and falling, and my dp is 1.3C and falling too..

See my latest temperature update. I've fallen too.

2.1C, DP 1.2C, DP is rising. :(

Posted

Current temp 1c, can't tell what everything else is as my weather station has just decided not to work! Really not sure what tonight will bring!

Posted

How about this for a lot of snow - Lake District Ski Club on Raise nr Helvellyn http://www.ldscsnows....uk/page24.html

Tow is in a good snow holding part of the hill, to put the depth into context the pylons are 5m high. The building in the second picture is the engine house for the tow. Burried at the end of the building nearest the camera is the powder room - recently built loo. Rumoured to be 2nd highest in England! Highest is Great Dun Fell.

My word thats some snow up there. The times i've walked past that building wondering if it was really a ski centre, always thought it was something to do with mountain rescue.

My mum and dad are going up to Grasmere for the weekend, wish I was going too, wouldn't mind a chance to tackle Helvellyn in the snow.

Posted

See my latest temperature update. I've fallen too.

2.1C, DP 1.2C, DP is rising. :(

Im still recording my dp as dropping, and wet bulb is 0.9C and falling, so you never know whats going to happen..you may find your dp and wb are going to drop too pretty soon..dont rule it out just yet..those sat on the coast or with 1 or 2 miles of it wont see any sleet / snow / hail...will most likely be rain, but out this far will be enough i should think to give more hail possibly sleet...and if my temp keeps going down..a few wintry shows of snow likely, airport maybe right for those east and away from the coast..

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Im still recording my dp as dropping, and wet bulb is 0.9C and falling

*In the voice of George Takai*

HELLOOOOOOOOO

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2011/12/15/basis18/ukuk/prty/11121612_1518.gif

Im still recording my dp as dropping, and wet bulb is 0.9C and falling, so you never know whats going to happen..you may find your dp and wb are going to drop too pretty soon..dont rule it out just yet..those sat on the coast or with 1 or 2 miles of it wont see any sleet / snow / hail...will most likely be rain, but out this far will be enough i should think to give more hail possibly sleet...and if my temp keeps going down..a few wintry shows of snow likely, airport maybe right for those east and away from the coast..

Temp just ticked over to 2.0C

DP - 1.1C

WB - 1.7C

Posted

I think if you shove that snow away from the coast, its realistic for the north west south of the region, but as that image stands i do not agree with it...the snow wont be more west, its likely to be more east..where its colder..by the time that cloud arrives over liverpool, they may end up recording 5/6C or even more...but out past liverpool airport i cant see it being as mild as that...we'll have to see if that westerly kicks in or not by the time the cloud moves in.

Posted

Temperature has fallen by 1 more degree in the last hour and extra radar is now showing local precipitation falling entirely as snow, I can no longer see beyond about 50 meters however as this mist has become too thick.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Currently a few spits of rain, dewpoint is 0.6C!

Posted

I think if you shove that snow away from the coast, its realistic for the north west south of the region, but as that image stands i do not agree with it...the snow wont be more west, its likely to be more east..where its colder..by the time that cloud arrives over liverpool, they may end up recording 5/6C or even more...but out past liverpool airport i cant see it being as mild as that...we'll have to see if that westerly kicks in or not by the time the cloud moves in.

Cloud has been here for about an hour and a half now!

Westerly has no kicked in, the wind is still South. Thankfully. Looks set to switch about 3am. Damn.

Posted

Just watched Fred on Granada and he says no snow for us! It shows snow north Wales and around Staffordshire at the most southern point !

Posted

Cloud has been here for about an hour and a half now!

Westerly has no kicked in, the wind is still South. Thankfully. Looks set to switch about 3am. Damn.

well its not making any difference to the temp drops, which is nice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Just watched Fred on Granada and he says no snow for us! It shows snow north Wales and around Staffordshire at the most southern point !

damn Fred

Posted

Ha have you seen the anomaly on http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ I've screen grabbed it for future posterity.

capturelxt.jpg

Turbot Bank Buoy Thurs 15th Dec 2011 21:00 GMT 105 mph ESE

At least I hope it's a mistake? :huh:

Edited by dodgeredee