Whats Your Favourite Tipple? Just For Fun.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i like bacardi oakheart (came out last year) with coke which is very tasty.

Sorry, can't drink rum with cola!!! http://forum.nwstatic.co.uk//public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.png

I've just discovered M&S to a very nice gingerbread rum that goes well with a little ginger beer. They also do a Guatamalan Gran Reserva that's totally lush!

A nice bit of whiskey warms you up on a cold winters night. I also like a good Ale. Another drink that seems to go well at Christmas is mead, especially homemade mead. Yum.

(not that hard to make)

Another whisky lover?! Great to see so many on here who enjoy the malts.

Laphroaig has been my favourite for years. Sadly the pension doesn't stretch to it very often. The Bowmore is long gone but wonderful while it lasted.

Edited by knocker

Oh well, let's see....a decent malt, and even though I live on the isle of Skye I do not mean Talsker. YUK, likewise Laphroaig. I love Jura Superstition, Scapa, Pulteney, Macallan, Highland Park. OH bought me a bottle of Dalwhinnie for my birthday and I got a bottle of Glenmoray from Santa. I make a very nice whisky bramble liquer which is nice and warming and if no malts are available I am very happy with Grouse. I prefer the Co-op's version of Bailey's ( Delaney's ) which is also much cheaper. I also like beer, decent stuff from those wee micro breweries, real ale, but not so keen on lager these days. When I think of what I used to drink in my youth....Sufferin' Comfort and lemonade and Carlsberg Special....Oh dear. It would appear that I have now grown up. Did I mention I love red wine too? And white wine, and gin........Posted Image

• Like 1

I wish I could indulge in fine whiskys (I can vaguely remember the taste) like you lot, but a long-standing medical condition means that I'd be playing with my life. Risked a few small glasses of sherry and some 15% cream liquer type stuff whilst keeping an eye on the exact number of units of alcohol consumed, instead of my usual strict two pints of ale. Made a nice change I suppose, but it would be nice to get plastered over the festive period just once. Oh well. At least I'll be one of a very select group who'll be fit and rarin' to go at first light on New Years Day.

Edited by laserguy

I wish I could indulge in fine whiskys (I can vaguely remember the taste) like you lot, but a long-standing medical condition means that I'd be playing with my life.

Sorry to hear that lg, a drop of aged dark or golden rum is one of life's unique, enjoyable pleasures :good:

• 3 weeks later...

As the last post in here was Coast's on the 31st, does that mean we've all stopped boozing since New Year?

Actually I have cut back a lot on the drinkies (for various reasons!). But I have so much of the stuff in the 'cellar' now I shouldn't need to buy any for months Cheers to the beers!!! Posted Image

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1