Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Friday 2nd December 2011 Weather And General Chat

Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

A real mixture of stuff up here at the moment with rain, sleet and even wet snow.

summary.jpgwebcam.jpg

Edited by GWW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

When I was walking home from college it felt very cold indeed. Was very surprised when I logged on and the temperature was apparently 7C. Felt much cooler than that.

Posted

A cold day, bright with sunny periods in the morning after an early ground frost then cloudier in the afternoon. Current conditions: cloudy, 5.5 deg C, wind light SW. Today's maximum 6.4, last night's minimum 0.5.

Posted

Quite an impressive shadow on the satellite picture from that large bank of cloud approaching from the south-west. From the Metoffice:

post-2418-0-74780000-1322844075_thumb.jp

Meanwhile it has been a partly cloudy day here after a clear start. The max temp of 6.7C was the lowest of Autumn/Winter so far, though once again we failed to record the first air frost of the season, the min was 2.7C.

Currently 5.7C and 88% humidity.

Posted

Was so close to not recording an air frost this Autumn but temps got down below 0.0C on monday morning.

Unfortunately that means you didnt record one then. Temperatures have to fall below freezing for an air frost to be recorded, so -0.1C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

6.8C, feeling much colder in the wind.

Does anyone know if there's any snow on the Pennines? Will be travelling over them tonight. :)

Posted

6.8C, feeling much colder in the wind.

Does anyone know if there's any snow on the Pennines? Will be travelling over them tonight. :)

The Lake District fells had a dusting this morning. Couldn't tell about Cross Fell as it was covered in cloud, but I'd be surprised if the Pennines down your way had anything on.

Coldest day since March 7th with a maximum of just 5.9º. Now raining and 5.8º (so the temperature might well rise above the daytime high).

Posted

The Lake District fells had a dusting this morning. Couldn't tell about Cross Fell as it was covered in cloud, but I'd be surprised if the Pennines down your way had anything on.

Coldest day since March 7th with a maximum of just 5.9º. Now raining and 5.8º (so the temperature might well rise above the daytime high).

Damn, was hoping to see my first snow of the season up there tonight from the showers earlier this morning. I guess the rising temperatures won't be helping if there is any. Cheers anyway :)

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Pressure 1006.9hPa

Temp 7.3c

Max Temp 7.6c

Min Temp 2.6c

Humidity 90%

Dewpoint 5.8c

Rainfall 1.5mm

Monthly Rainfall 2.5mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Damn, was hoping to see my first snow of the season up there tonight from the showers earlier this morning. I guess the rising temperatures won't be helping if there is any. Cheers anyway :)

By 9pm tomorrow, uppers should be conductive to snow above 400-500m, and around 300-400m by tomorrow midnight, so when you're coming back (whenever that is), there may be a covering...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A dry, cool and bright day with sunny intervals this morning and a good deal of high cloud this afternoon. The cloud became thick enough for a brief shower around 1700.

At 1800;

Temp', 4.1c

Max' today, 4.9c

Min' last night, 1.7c

Grass min', -1.9c

Rainfall from 0900-1800, trace

Mean wind speed, 21 mph SW

Highest gust today, 37 mph SW at 1637

Sunshine today, 2.03 hrs

7 oktas Ast and Acu

Vis'. 75 km.

Posted

By 9pm tomorrow, uppers should be conductive to snow above 400-500m, and around 300-400m by tomorrow midnight, so when you're coming back (whenever that is), there may be a covering...

I'm coming back in about an hour lol :)

On top of the Pennines it's 4C, soaking and windy. Will soon be snowing up there as you say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Current Conditions- Headington,Oxford.

Temperature- 7.1c

Wind- SSW 14mph

Rainfall Today- 0mm

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Clear periods and a slight air frost last night, although there was a shower about 0400. Thin fog just before dawn.

A bright start, but soon cloudy this morning. Rather cold until this evening. Spells of rain since 1500, some rather heavy this evening.

Southerly wind has become fresh this evening. Mild this evening.

Min: -1.7c @ 0800

Max: 8.4c currently (still rising)

Rain yesterday: 2.6mm

Rain since 0900: 8mm approx

Currently: Continuous moderate rain, mild,

Temp: 8.4c

RH: 100%

Pressure: 1005mbar, falling.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

temperature has not rose above 7c all day here and now rose to 8c which annoys me as I wanted to have a lowest maximum of 7c secured on wunderground :(

Edited by Tellow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

temperature has not rose above 7c all day here and now rose to 8c which annoys me as I wanted to have a lowest maximum of 7c secured on wunderground :(

Similar here Tellow! We had a temperature max of 6.2c during daylight hours and since the cloud/wind increased the temperature has been soaring to a now modest 8.6c, Balmy! :D

Posted

Similar here Tellow! We had a temperature max of 6.2c during daylight hours and since the cloud/wind increased the temperature has been soaring to a now modest 8.6c, Balmy! :D

Quite frankly, I can't sleep when the temperature rises overnight :(