Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Netweather Community Snow Map

Posted

I think it would be a good idea that during cold spells/snow events that there could be a netweather snow map which shows the distribution of Netweather members snow depths, who's got snow and where aswell as perhaps a radar ontop of this which could indicate if you're about to get snow. I think this could coincide well with the Regional Thread when it starts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Yes i think this would be a good one to do, there are different ways of doing this, depends how someone would be viewing it, some people are using only small mobiles i would think, if the map was on pc then a hover over with mouse to reveal the member name when hovering over snow depth maybe?, but a map for mobiles would be wanted to so another type for mobiles?maybe an index chart for showing depth and where it was with the member names then click it to be shown that part of map,or a map you can zoom around or something for mobiles.

Not sure but it would be good to see who got what on a map!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

I would like to see something set up like this before the first cold spell which is likely to be a while away at the moment.

I can also see it being used for many different things to do with snow.

Posted

It's a great idea!

Would be good to do an image version as well showing the rough snow depths and coverage from Netweather members :)

Mine will be 1" here though, it's all we ever seem to get lol! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

If certain posters exaggerated snowfall claims (you know, the usual "It's a blizzard here, I've had 10 inches in the past hour" - when they've really had a light 10 minute flurry) are put on the map this winter, then Britain can lay claim to having the most individual micro-climates in the world, the map will be living proof...lol....It will have a polka-dot look to it! :rolleyes:

Posted

If certain posters exaggerated snowfall claims (you know, the usual "It's a blizzard here, I've had 10 inches in the past hour" - when they've really had a light 10 minute flurry) are put on the map this winter, then Britain can lay claim to having the most individual micro-climates in the world, the map will be living proof...lol....It will have a polka-dot look to it! :rolleyes:

How awsome would that look though?! :)

Awww it's gotta be done now!! :D

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I could design it and put it online, but it would take me hours..

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

we could also include a NW member's weather station map, handy for monitoring DPs/temp etc when snow is forecast and also when any other type of severe weather is sweeping the country.

not sure how it would be done but i think it would be a significantly useful new addition to Netweather.....

Edited by Aceman

Posted

I would like to have a crack at designing/developing this if Paul/member of the the netweather team let's me, I would spend the next 5-6 months developing it ready for next winter.

Just give me the green light, and i'm onto it. :)

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I would like to have a crack at designing/developing this if Paul/member of the the netweather team let's me, I would spend the next 5-6 months developing it ready for next winter.

Just give me the green light, and i'm onto it. :)

Lewis

PM Paul :)

Posted

we could also include a NW member's weather station map, handy for monitoring DPs/temp etc when snow is forecast and also when any other type of severe weather is sweeping the country.

not sure how it would be done but i think it would be a significantly useful new addition to Netweather.....

there is already one available-see weathermaster for it