Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Winter emotions and moaning thread

bobbydog

Posted

ARGHHHHHH!!!!!! No snow yet!!! Comon we want snow and cold!!

You've probably got a bit more of a wait then!!! Content yourself in a large ramp here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/71371-call-to-rampers-white-ops/

Posted

To be honest I'm getting that frustrated now that I'm actually thinking about taking a step back from model watching and the weather in general for a bit and dropping my winter expectations to a much more reasonable level i.e not much.

All this constant stressing over the models not showing anything just isn't worth it. what comes will come, what doesn't simply won't and there's nothing I can do about that.

Now don't get me wrong I absolutely love the cold and snow but perhaps the best course of action this time is to expect the worst but hope for the best.

Edited by Anonymous21

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

can i have a

The "Venting Your Frustration At The Model Output Discussion" Thread

moment.

sick of reading people 'fed' up over the weather and how mild it is and how rubbish the autumn is and boo hoo hoo. Dry your eyes, man up and deal with it.

Aand most importantly

DONT WRITE IT IN THE MOD THREAD BECAUSE NOBODY CARES IN THERE.

Write about it in here instead.

thank you

Edited by Aceman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Oh Dear! Venting Your Frustration at a Winter that as far as I'm concerned is the coldest time of the year, it lasts for 3 months and it hasn't even started yet!

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about winter infact and I think there will be a few surprises on the way.

I feel like starting a ramp.

I would be optimistic as well if I lived in your area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Oh Dear! Venting Your Frustration at a Winter that as far as I'm concerned is the coldest time of the year, it lasts for 3 months and it hasn't even started yet!

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about winter infact and I think there will be a few surprises on the way.

I feel like starting a ramp.

I was thinking of starting a thread for winter 2012/13 now it looks like this winter is over :cray: d

de=ramp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I have this whole first frost cook a stew rule in my house...I still haven't cooked a stew!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

How can you vent your frustration at Winter when it has not even arrived. Winter always arrives on December 1st and goes on February 28th or 29th.

Too many people this year were expecting a repeat of last year that's the trouble.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

When people keep saying it's only October then it's only November! Now it will be it's only December winter will come. Their eternal optimism and denial of the facts is astounding. As far as I am concerned we should expect at least 1 frost day in October,7 in November and one or two snow showers in November. We have had the second mildest November on record. Early December does not look good. So will they be saying it's only January give it time? :rofl:

Just got to face facts it's been pants so far!

Posted

Thats exactly what I said during October,but not this month and if we are quite honest it looks like I would be able to say in in December,this winter is not going the way we snow lovers would want indeed it looks at this stage to be an unmitigated disaster but ithe winter does have a long wat to go and even if we have to wait until mid/late January as long as we get a proper cold spell we will have done better that a lot of the winters of recent years(excluding of course the last couple).

It looks like patience will have to be the byword for the moment even though that is very unpalatable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Venting your frustration,Well shall we all be honest Its the inner child in us all, Its the festive season approaching fast,We all associate SNOW and COLD to it and we all want the complete package.Last year for most was the complete package,However we love drama and are hungry for an upgrade to it. I am so wanting this winter to be an absolute banger,One for the records and why not we have been spoilt,But have we really... the last 3 have been good but go prior to that and then let me know.

Venting any frustration towards members is very poor and not good,It can and will land you in the sin bin observed through a MOD and as i said the festive season fast approaching,....So lets share the spirit. Winter will turn up!!!!!! mark my words.

SL

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

When people keep saying it's only October then it's only November! Now it will be it's only December winter will come. Their eternal optimism and denial of the facts is astounding. As far as I am concerned we should expect at least 1 frost day in October,7 in November and one or two snow showers in November. We have had the second mildest November on record. Early December does not look good. So will they be saying it's only January give it time? :rofl:

Just got to face facts it's been pants so far!

How can we have had the 2nd mildest November on record when its got days and days and days and days to run ??

Winters official start is still just under a month away all to play for.

While technically its not winter alot of people do think November is winter probably due to very long nights and it getting dark early just after 4 pm.

Autumn has been absolute pants for cold weather no air frost here at all, one thing for sure next spring will be colder with alot more frosts :)

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It's that time of year folks, when your favourite colour is white yet you can't see any of it on the ground....So, if you've had no snow, or want to curse the GFS, or just life in general, then pop in here and grumble, whine, & bleat to your hearts content! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I suspect many people from Leicester, Nottingham will be in here.

Practically snowless for the past 2 or so years ! Most i've seen is about 2inches, and it didn't last long. I'll probably be hanging around in here this winter too :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Haven't seen any of it on the ground but have seen it falling this winter.. I bet we might get some settling snow over the next week given the showers make it here.. so really no reason for me to whine.. so why am I even here!?!?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I'm in here because the prospect of a 'once in a lifetime' storm has been snatched away and is now likely to amount to nothing more than a windy day on Friday.

I feel as though someone had hinted I might get £10,000 worth of hi fi equipment for christmas but now they've told me it'll be a digital radio instead.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

isnt there already a "Venting Your Frustration At Winter" Thread?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

There was, but nobody had posted in it for over 3 weeks, and besides the NW whiners thread is yearly tradition, but fear not, i'll get the 2 threads merged to save confusion :D

Posted

Threads merged, thanks Robin!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

I'm in here because the prospect of a 'once in a lifetime' storm has been snatched away and is now likely to amount to nothing more than a windy day on Friday.

I feel as though someone had hinted I might get £10,000 worth of hi fi equipment for christmas but now they've told me it'll be a digital radio instead.

Still looking good for us southerners!!!

BFTP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Still looking good for us southerners!!!

BFTP

It is indeed, and I suppose there's till a small chance that things will change and 'deliver' further north; we may even get some snow from it!

However, should you get a 'once in a lifetime storm' and I don't, it will be as though you've been given the £10,000 worth of hi-fi I thought I was getting as I sit here fiddling with my digital radio.

Posted

Im on course to record the most snowless year in 30 years here. 2011 has seen just three days with sleet or snow falling and none lying at 0900. The previous lowest was 1992 which saw 7 days sleet/snow falling and zero days lying at 0900.

Using the winter index this winter current stands at zero to the 14th aswell, as we've not had an air frost yet either.

Fortunately its not whine-worthy yet as it has been pretty dry and very sunny this month so far.