Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Winter emotions and moaning thread

bobbydog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like the snow drought will go on this weekend now here with snow stalling just south west of here Saturday, any easterly brings flurries at best, Sundays shortwave will slide through Ireland probably and then high pressure topple in or suffer an easterly pfft, so done with this winter.

Why does it always have to end up bone dry here, if it was rain the heaviest would be right over us.

Sorry Connor but Its not over for you yet. Wouldnt the 18z give you a fair little bit?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

From an entirely selfish point of view, if only the SE will get a major snow event, then I'd rather there be no cold spell whatsoever and we have raging zonality. Posted Image

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Well that's it...Winter 2012/2013 you have been a pain in the ass all Winter long, roll on Winter 2013/2014...this Winter is gunning for a smack in the mush...what a total let down :-(

It could snow on the sun and the UK would still be under a god damn South Westerly Feed of total nonsense crap :-(

• Like 1

Posted

i want winter out the way now tbh, i can't take any more let downs, though whats the betting GFS shows a raging easterly at 240+ on future runs and yet again we fall for it only for the usual last minute downgrades to happen, there are a few myths on here like blocking is underestimated by the models, GFS goes to default and the PV quietens down in feb, that isn't always the case

oh and this is the moaning thread so i can throw my toys out the pram as much as i like, we wait all year for these kind of synoptics only for it to implode, why shouldn't we moan, thats all we can do isn't it. i am not a part of the blind faith brigade, plus i don't get all the ian brown praise, he called mild when mild usually favours cold on this island, its not a hard call to make, so you could say then why i am annoyed if i expected a downgrade, well because deep down i really had hopes this time, even though i was pessimistic about our chances

Edited by Snowy Easterlies

Posted

Snow wise, looks uninteresting, while the snow further south is getting pushed further south with each run. Roll on thunderstorm season for more disappointment!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Snow wise, looks uninteresting, while the snow further south is getting pushed further south with each run. Roll on thunderstorm season for more disappointment!

Im not sure i agree with the last bit - i dread summer, thunderstorms are good but they are as likely to occur as snow.

pv rampingup, short window of opportunity for snow , i hope chiono is right else this will be a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

moment.

Just got in from work tried to look at sky long range forecast no interactive working then went to bbc to look at weather same thing interactive not working are they hiding something from the public are we in for some really bad weather.i do hope so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Just got in from work tried to look at sky long range forecast no interactive working then went to bbc to look at weather same thing interactive not working are they hiding something from the public are we in for some really bad weather.i do hope so.

They are not hiding anything ....... just clueless again. Not just the MetO but all predictions are chopping and changing!! We were predicted snow tomorrow, now in the last few hours its changed to rain/sleet. Now we are less than 24hrs away from that prediction and they cannot produce a proper forecast :-)

Posted

I don't worry too much about the BBC online forecast...it's good as a rough guide but not so much for details, particularly further out. It's sometimes good for the next 24-48 hours though.

It's already wrong for here tonight. Got a low of 2c forecast for us and at 7:30pm we are already down to 0c.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Didn't know where else to put this, but my wife has just been rolling around laughing at me, because I was looking at the GFS chart on meteociel and there was a small black mark / scratch / speck / smear (whatever you want to call it) on my screen, which wouldn't come off with my finger , after ignoring it for a while, I tried wiping it off with a damp cloth and it still wouldn't come off, after a lot of rubbing and cursing that my Laptop monitor had some sort of scratch on the screen...I opened a new window...the mark suddenly disappeared , it was then that I realized that I had just wasted 4-5 minutes of my life trying to wipe the Azores off my screen.

:-)

• Like 4

Posted

Well that's it...Winter 2012/2013 you have been a pain in the ass all Winter long, roll on Winter 2013/2014...this Winter is gunning for a smack in the mush...what a total let down :-(

It could snow on the sun and the UK would still be under a god damn South Westerly Feed of total nonsense crap :-(

Oh dear. Still it's all going to turn out well in the end Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I never thought I would be saying this, but I would rather have the mild and dry weather back than the grot we here are having. Sure it's colder, but it rained last night, it's raining again now, and if the BBC weather forecast for Monday is anything like accurate, then we'll be having MORE lousy sodding rain. The waterlogged fields will be back in no time at this rate.

Rubbish!!!

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Why do the south east, east coast and north keep having snow events but nothing for the southwest, we had a very few flurries last night!

So much for the SSW....if this is how it's going to be all winter than i'd rather it just be weather coming in from the atlantic to chuck a few gales our way...Rather than this cold (but not cold enough for snow) weather and rain!

• Like 1

Posted

Why do the south east, east coast and north keep having snow events but nothing for the southwest, we had a very few flurries last night!

So much for the SSW....if this is how it's going to be all winter than i'd rather it just be weather coming in from the atlantic to chuck a few gales our way...Rather than this cold (but not cold enough for snow) weather and rain!

i feel sorry for you, but not all of us further north and east of you got snow, all i got today was a horrible slushy mess, what a let down, im not a happy chappy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

This spell is nothing to write home about quite frankly, a lot of places have either missed out completely on seeing any snow, or had the dubious pleasure of a temporary slushy dusting which was then washed away by rain.

The next possibie chance seems to be Friday, but would not be in the least bit surprised to see that event downgraded to at best a couple of hours of snow before the atlantic rubbish pours back in....deluging us once again in day after day of rain, returning us to square one of floods, grey skies and mud. Obviously I pray this does not turn out like that, but if does, the next time I hear of a SSW event about to transpire, it will be greeted with a shrug of the shoulders and a generally dismissive regard.

Posted

Finally get the first decent snow of the winter last night and it can't even last to daylight before getting washed away by heavy rain, as is always the case in Telford, and just know that after these showers die out this evening probably just as they turn to snow the rest of the week will be bone dry here with any snow this weekend transient before

the atlantic rolls in http://forum.nwstatic.co.uk//public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.png

Rant over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, having had nothing from the first front, it's now looking like the second to deliver the same, the 'wraparound' will probably not happen, and the snowy ENE, for tomorrow, has gone too...Is this a damp giant 'squid'??

Posted

Is this a damp giant 'squid'??

No, but this is......

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Correct me if i am wrong but SSW events do not guarantee cold and snow...just an increased tendency for northern blocking to occur..now that could be anywhere in the Northern Hemisphere..its has coincided with a rapid warm up about to occur in Western Canada not that i am complaining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

all the usial places get snow and all we got was a few hours of snow and none of wich setteld kind of takes the left trouser leg. I c peeps talking about a soacled snow event on friday, well 4-5days ago we were talking about a snow event well guys look at what we got here today and last night in the far west and the w.midlands nothing to sing and dance about. I would rather have the atlantick bback or dry and mild so it would give those who got affected by the floods, and twisttergirl81 i do totaly agree with what u saying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not always true, TG. My heaviest snowfall so far this winter, came from N-W's Santa Shaker!

Posted

We usually do very well for snow - but now, East Anglia and Lincolnshire get all the deepest falls - they're both flat as a pancake for goodness sake! Getting sick of this. Also peeved about the fact that the band of snow weakened over here and intensified further east - is someone laughing at my expense? This 4cm covering is pointless, I am seriously considering moving, and not within the UK. Some pretty good jobs in Sweden that aren't hard to apply for .. it's just the weather, but it can have a huge impact on your emotions and your attitude, and these half-arsed winters are getting on my nerves and are hugely depressing.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Well I am never going to tell my family or anyone else for that matter that it is going to snow lots again!!!!! Today has been c$$p and it looked so good now the weather gods have stolen the snow from the wrap round too. I was marginal for that but was hopeful until the latest Meto update.

FWIW it will snow badly on Friday through to Sunday because I have to drive the Cheltenham and did not want to drive through the bad snow so it is sods law that it will snow for me just so that i can't get to cheltenham.

Roll on spring.

Edited by Snow Queen one
  • Like 3