Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Winter emotions and moaning thread

bobbydog

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!

WINTER IS OVER !!!! ....(someone had to say it) ! lol!

On a lighter note though... there is still 12 or so weeks of winter left so c'mon everyone.... cheer up Posted Image

Edited by SE Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

It still looks good for the easterners imo

• Like 1

Posted

Kind of shows as well that despite there super computers and super boffins The Met Office have about as much a clue as the rest of us.

They chop and change as much as the models.

Posted

Game on. Game over. Pear-shaped. Stella run (It's stellar by the way), BOOM!, upgrade, downgrade, get the prozac out, snowmageddon, blowtorch SW'lies, here comes the beast, great run, poor run, EPIC RUN!!!, horror show, all to play for, hats off to GFS (or ECM, UKMO etc), ignore FI, FI LOOKS AMAZING!.

Had to get that off my chest.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Game on. Game over. Pear-shaped. Stella run (It's stellar by the way), BOOM!, upgrade, downgrade, get the prozac out, snowmageddon, blowtorch SW'lies, here comes the beast, great run, poor run, EPIC RUN!!!, horror show, all to play for, hats off to GFS (or ECM, UKMO etc), ignore FI, FI LOOKS AMAZING!.

Had to get that off my chest.

In reality there was never an upgrade, we had some stellar charts in fantasy island - look back at previous MOD threads, these charts have remained in the same time frame for weeks.

Posted

This reminds me of hotties looking for the blazing heatwaves in summer that nearly always get moderated down, Lets face it the UK has tepid temperatures for most of the time. Thank god I hate extreme temps, a true mildy so I am happy most of the time, I always give a sigh of relief when very hot, or very cold gets scuppered

Edited by IanR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

I've had the most entertaining time this past couple of weeks. Been glued to the Model Thread instead of rubbish TV, been going to bed late so I could stay up for the pub run to roll out and getting grumpy with my 5 year old when he wanted to use the iPad! I still haven't the foggiest idea how to read a chart but hey ho :-)

AND Netweather broke its record for forum numbers online.

Sod the snow and ice it's the chase we love!

• Like 2

Posted

Been a massive blow today, however lets face it it was always on the cards. Still lots to look forward though as winter is only a few days old. If only I could stop at +76 instead of going to +240? Lots to be said around sitting round the tv at teatime for the BBC forecast and seeing what the next 2 days had instore??? Oooh how I loved the late 70's and early 80's .

Posted

So in summary. Model watching is pointless. The anomaly forecasts are pointless. The strat forecasts are

Pointless as none of them can pick up on small features which can scupper the whole pattern.?

pretty much, yes

roll on summer, actually scrap that because we will be chasing heat waves in FI that don't come off, however warm sunny days are still far more common than snow at least in this part of the world

shortwaves are the killer of snowy synoptics, whats the killer of nice summer synoptics not shortwaves surely ?

Edited by Snowy Easterlies

Posted

As Snowy Easterlies said in the MOD thread earlier is there anybody else who would now actually prefer if the Models now fully firmed up on a mild zonal pattern with no end in site? Personally I would, it'd certainly beat the alternative of being lead up the garden path for the umpteenth time anyway.

yep my feet are freezing right now and they will stay freezing till about next thursday, if we had snow i would be happier and i wouldn't care that i was cold, dry cold weather does nothing for me, its nice to look at if there is a frost, but you go out on the street and walk in it, its not nice at all. its even worse if its grey and cold its tedious, walking in a blizzard is far better and takes your mind of feeling cold cos you are happy about the snow lol

so yes if there is no snow on the way i will welcome a return to mild zonal, at least i will feel less cold and don't have to use as much heating

people make out that frost and cold in december is a rarity when its not al all, its not literally mild and zonal all winter you know. so sorry if i don't get excited about a few cold days and temps of -3c at night, its snow that most on here look for as that is rare as hens teeth, but more often than not we will be disappointed chasing snow sadly, but its hard to refrain from getting our hopes up when we see the models show good snowy synoptics

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

There is a snow watch forum, but I won't post it on here!

Posted

err this is the moaning thread, your attitude on here is very rude tbh, Jbuffet

the real passionate weather fanatics get down when good synoptics go wrong, people like you probably aren't into the weather that much so you just accept it and say "ah well never mind" when things downgrade and blindly believe that something good is going to happen further down the line without seeing any evidence bar comments on the strat thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fresh n Funky

err this is the moaning thread, your attitude on here is very rude tbh, Jbuffet

the real passionate weather fanatics get down when good synoptics go wrong, people like you probably aren't into the weather that much so you just accept it and say "ah well never mind" when things downgrade and blindly believe that something good is going to happen further down the line without seeing any evidence bar comments on the strat thread

I'm moaning aren't I? So I'm posting in exactly the right place. Also I think your holier than thou attitude is very rude. I love weather but I'm not so unstable that I throw tantrums and get depressed about it. And you should read the strat thread, maybe you'd gain some actual meteorological knowledge.

There is a snow watch forum, but I won't post it on here!

I know there is but thank you for not encouraging them!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

I'm moaning aren't I? So I'm posting in exactly the right place. Also I think your holier than thou attitude is very rude. I love weather but I'm not so unstable that I throw tantrums and get depressed about it. And you should read the strat thread, maybe you'd gain some actual meteorological knowledge.

Looks like you were bang out of order with your earlier post jbuffett ..... It's been deleted. I don't think personal jibes are a part of the topic of this thread or anywhere on Netweather?

Posted

no my attitude is realism and not blind faith, but sadly realism sounds like negativity to people like you, people can moan on here as much as they like, stay away if your fed up of it, and i do read the strat threads, maybe we need a shortwave thread as that is the killer of snow for us and it don't matter if we have all the blocking in the world Edited by Snowy Easterlies

Posted

This is the winter moaning thread, not the snipe at other members thread so if you two want to have a tiff at least have the decency to do it on private message

Posted

Looks like you were bang out of order with your earlier post jbuffett ..... It's been deleted. I don't think personal jibes are a part of the topic of this thread or anywhere on Netweather?

Oh alright, point taken. I was out of order. Snowy I have PM'd you with an apology.

Posted

yes and i was moaning away until somebody shot me down, if they don't want to read it, then stay away nobody holds a gun to there head and makes them read this do they

Edit i missed your post Jbuffert on here i will read the PM now

fair enough spat over

Posted

Sorry everyone for being a d*ck and letting my irritation with the madness of the models get out of control. Peace and goodwill to all!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Been a massive blow today, however lets face it it was always on the cards. Still lots to look forward though as winter is only a few days old. If only I could stop at +76 instead of going to +240? Lots to be said around sitting round the tv at teatime for the BBC forecast and seeing what the next 2 days had instore??? Oooh how I loved the late 70's and early 80's .

yep sometimes you can have too much information..that's why i never stray into the model discussion thread because most of it is pure BS Edited by cheeky_monkey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Taxi for the 18z!!

On the bright side, hoping I might get to actually play some football on a Sunday for the first time in a few weeks.

Lurked on these forums for many a year, and remember the times I used to tell people that a big freeze was coming on the back of 120+ output. I don't say a word now - there's a reason the forecasters don't stick their necks out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!

Bollards to all the models today!!! Why won't they just be nice for a change and show us what we all want to see?? Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Go home models... You're drunk!!! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn and Winter

Still all to play for tbh, don't think the Atlantic has won just yet Posted Image

Was reading Steve's post on the model thread, unsure why some doofus Posted Image has had a pop at him. I have learned a lot from him and a good few others.

I share the downbeat side of model watching, but I see the upbeat is just around the corner.....all is not lost...just yet Posted Image