Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Winter emotions and moaning thread

bobbydog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fresh n Funky

Ian Brown i see doing his best job to play down any cold outbreak as best as he can as usual, always looking on the negative side of things, ever heard of being more balanced.

That is what he is famous for, you shouldn't be surprised.

Posted

That is what he is famous for, you shouldn't be surprised.

Ian may appear unduely negative at times, but in my experience he's proven right far more often then he's proven wrong....this weeks bitter NE'erly that never was being a very good example.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Ian may appear unduely negative at times, but in my experience he's proven right far more often then he's proven wrong....this weeks bitter NE'erly that never was being a very good example.

Obviously, nine times out of ten, the UK will not get bitterly cold weather, if we did, we'd be a lot colder on average.. and I guess Ian prefers to play it safe (i.e boring).

Posted

Obviously, nine times out of ten, the UK will not get bitterly cold weather, if we did, we'd be a lot colder on average.. and I guess Ian prefers to play it safe (i.e boring).

I'm not sure playing it safe can and should be called boring. The MDT is full of people getting over exited in Winter, which can be very confusing for new members, so people like Ian who bring a bit of level headedness and perspective should be welcomed not pilloried imho.

Posted

Is anyone else excited about the potential for next week? ZOMG ROFL LMAO LOL (*fap fap fap*), loss of bowel control, uncontrollable excitement! It looks like winter is about to punch Britain in the face with a searing cold uppercut!! Exciting times folks, exciting times and if that isn't winter EMOTIONS then I don't know what is.

IT GONNA GET COLD!!!

Posted

The man predicted the demise of cold winters for the UK. That for me is enough. The even larger teapot is dead. REJOICE! (unless you're Mr B or a one of his fanboys)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hope we get some decent snow in North Northamptonshire for a change.

We did well in February 2012 6 Inches in like 3 to 4 hours and February 2009 like the rest of country had over a foot of snow

We missed out in 2010 and 2011 when everywhere round us got Heavy Snow

This morning we had sleet did not settle and places further South in Northamptonshire getting snow also places like Milton Keynes and Luton getting it.

What wind direction would be best for Snow in the East Midlands? could anybody answer this question thanks

Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

More sodding rain forecast for tomorrow...just what we in Wales and the South West need (like a hole in the head). Fields round here are still saturated.

Posted

As usual the village idiots are out in force in the model thread at the merest hint of a change in output. Some real plonkers in there this pm.

Posted

Oh my! The toys are being thrown in the model forum tonight. You should see some of the petulant infants screaming blue murder because they won't get any snow in their back yard. Correct me if I'm wrong but the model thread is not a snow watch thread. Again I am astounded at the levels of idiocy being displayed in the face of synoptics that were the stuff of dreams back in 2007.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Oh my! The toys are being thrown in the model forum tonight. You should see some of the petulant infants screaming blue murder because they won't get any snow in their back yard. Correct me if I'm wrong but the model thread is not a snow watch thread. Again I am astounded at the levels of idiocy being displayed in the face of synoptics that were the stuff of dreams back in 2007.

Im obviously not going to be happy when 95% in this country get snow and i don't, look at this picture Posted Image

you see that green on the west cumbrian coast? thats what an easterly does for me, not a flake, i've got a right to moan.

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

To be honest, you're not showing a great deal of maturity yourself.

But I get your point, hence I avoid the MOD thread and stick to the regionals.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

To be honest, you're not showing a great deal of maturity yourself.

But I get your point, hence I avoid the MOD thread and stick to the regionals.

Well Aaron I'm being silly to provide a bit of humour. I'm not being immature but just revelling in the absurd. But I agree, the regionals are great.

Im obviously not going to be happy when 95% in this country get snow and i don't, look at this picture Posted Image

you see that green on the west cumbrian coast? thats what an easterly does for me, not a flake, i've got a right to moan.

Ha ha ha! You're hilarious. Stop being so self-pitying, it isn't good for you.

Posted

Indeed, any comment that suggests it's not going to stay cold with blizzards for an eternity is truly absurd.

The 240hrs shows the atlantic trying to gain control ( it doesn't show cold so no comment please)

FI is only worthy of comment if it shows cold

And of course the Meto are just being coy by sitting on the fence.

Really there busy writing 8 foot snowdrift warnings for next week

Oh and I wrote a sentence without saying COLD so forgive me

Lol - rant over!

Oh and the ECM mean also shows the atlantic gaining control so sshhhh, keep that one quiet!

Edited by January Snowstorm

Posted
  • Location: Saddleworth, historically in West Yorkshire. 198m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything really

Indeed, any comment that suggests it's not going to stay cold with blizzards for an eternity is truly absurd.

The 240hrs shows the atlantic trying to gain control ( it doesn't show cold so no comment please)

FI is only worthy of comment if it shows cold

And of course the Meto are just being coy by sitting on the fence.

Really there busy writing 8 foot snowdrift warnings for next week

Oh and I wrote a sentence without saying COLD so forgive me

Lol - rant over!

Oh and the ECM mean also shows the atlantic gaining control so sshhhh, keep that one quiet!

Is it possible if you could show me a chart that shows mild weather from Monday-Friday next week?

Posted

Great status by Bishop Brennan. 'What this forum needs is another 88/89 style winter, to dampen the expectations of certain posters'

I would genuinely love this to happen just to teach some of the idiots on this a forum a cold hard (or should I say warm mucky) lesson

Edited by jbuffett1980

Posted

Great status by Bishop Brennan. 'What this forum needs is another 88/89 style winter, to dampen the expectations of certain posters'

I would genuinely love this to happen just to teach some of the idiots on this a forum a cold hard (or should I say warm mucky) lesson

Isn't that a bit offensive?

And should you be saying that when some of the most memorable charts are currently trending?

Posted

Is it possible if you could show me a chart that shows mild weather from Monday-Friday next week?

You really missed the point there didn't you.

Posted

You really missed the point there didn't you.

Yeah Posted Image

I won't delete it though just for the sake of me showing my idiot style personality. ...

Edited by SouthPennine88

Posted

Isn't that a bit offensive?

And should you be saying that when some of the most memorable charts are currently trending?

Offensive? How is it offensive? If you'd bothered to read my earlier posts you would have spotted I said the charts were fantastic. I'm just saying that the fools who are moaning need some perspective and an 88/89 winter would teach them very quickly.

Posted

No, but I could show you several that mean ppn will be limited to exposed coasts

Also, I could show you several that show the atlantic coming back over ALL of the UK by Sunday week

Edit - sorry left the word COLD out of 2 sentences above lol

Edited by January Snowstorm

Posted

No, but I could show you several that mean ppn will be limited to exposed coasts

Also, I could show you several that show the atlantic coming back over ALL of the UK by Sunday week

No, I never mentioned a word about PPN or Sunday next week, I mentioned whether you could show me a mild chart or not and you seem to have failed to do that.

It would be virtually impossible not to see PPN (snow) next week in over half of the UK.

Posted

Edit - sorry left the word COLD out of 2 sentences above lol

So your saying your worried about whats gunna happen over a week away, oh dear you need to be more patient give it a good few runs, things are changing all the time.

Posted

It's raining right now and not snowing.

I could moan about it...but my mince pie is too yummy.