Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Frost Watch / November 6 And 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

That's what I've just said. This month could of one of the most frostless November's on record.

Interestingly, Autumn 2009 for me, lacked a single Air Frost. December 1st (start of meteorological winter), bringing about the first one at -1.4c at Newbury, Berkshire. I'm situated in a right ole frost hollow myself which makes it even more remarkable. Also, for those upset by the lack of forecast cold, look how that winter (09/10) turned out.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Had frost here last night..

Local WX says.. 1.8 °C last night.. But still.. Frosty car windows..

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Had sharp frost this morning with an overnight low of 2.0c, my first proper frost of the Autumn. Todays max 8.6c and hardly a cloud in the sky.

Current temp 7.3c

Interestingly, Autumn 2009 for me, lacked a single Air Frost. December 1st (start of meteorological winter), bringing about the first one at -1.4c at Newbury, Berkshire. I'm situated in a right ole frost hollow myself which makes it even more remarkable. Also, for those upset by the lack of forecast cold, look how that winter (09/10) turned out.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

I didnt get an air frost during Autumn 2009 either,i did not get one till around mid December that yr when the cold spell started to kick in. My first Air frost last year was Oct 25th.

Posted

starting to slightly cloud over a little now.

temp 8c ( feels colder)

dewpoint 7c. could be a chance of fog tonight so i have read somewhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

5.6c and plummeting. Should be a chilling sunset. Now THIS is a real November, zonality and dreaming of the odd hp ridge delivering a frosty night haha!

Scratch that- false info. No zonality, just moist southerlies. Even worse!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Dropping away now, 6.5c a drop of nearly 3 degrees in the last hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Yes tony- what happens now has little relevance to December 6th. 6.3c and falling rapidly- as it does just before sunset.

Down down down lower as she goes. :good: Certianly what happens now can be seen as irrelevant but what is relevant is how quickly things can change. The rapid monthly differences (eg Dec 10/Jan 11) are an area of interest for me and it would not surprise me, if we were to see an abrupt change, when it's least expected.

Here's a link to the recent Autumn of 2009. http://www.metoffice...009/autumn.html Note: the last sentence on the 2nd paragraph illustrates the Air Frost situation well back then. :nea:This being not unlike, where we are now, so why expect anything different this time around? Late November 2010 of course, was a different league but even that began with a mild start for many.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

I didnt get an air frost during Autumn 2009 either,i did not get one till around mid December that yr when the cold spell started to kick in. My first Air frost last year was Oct 25th.

Just shows how different each location is. Unfortunately for me, being a coldie, this Autumn is showing a pattern which bears similarities to the subsequent winters from 1990 through 2000 decades, excepting the last 3 or 4. All it needs is the dreaded Bartlett HP to come to fruition and then..... damn, what have I said. :fool::help: :smiliz65:

Kind Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

-1.2c this morning. Expecting -3c tonight.

4c now.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

4.4c, lovely conditions. Now dark blue skies with an orange tint in the distance. Gonna go out in it soon.

are u mad its freezing. lol

This may sound daft but our bonfire lastnight i was well cold (maybe the fire wasnt big enough) but its the first time i had shivered since Feb. lol

Posted

temp now 5.6c falling quite rapid now

Lol, maybe I am mad...

one word- THERMALS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

temp now 5.6c falling quite rapid now

one word- THERMALS

Its mild compared to the cold spell last Dec, i liked going for a night time walks when the temp fell below -5c ,lovely and fresh LOL.

Posted

Nah mate, I'm a true northerner. Gan oot in shorts n' t-shirt! 4.1c.

LOL

Its mild compared to the cold spell last Dec, i liked going for a night time walks when the temp fell below -5c ,lovely and fresh LOL.

fresh at -5 more like u can feel the layers of ya face peeling off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

3.9c here hopefully my second below freezing night this season

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Currently 5.5c and dropping at a rate of -3.3c an hour. Beautiful clear skies and lovely and crisp out there. Definitely going to be a cold night here, should get down to about -2c easily.

Edited by Lancashire Lass

Posted

Not a chance of a frost here. Its still 8.7C and this morning's min was 6.2C.

If anything, temperatures will rise as the north-easterly kicks in.

Posted

1.1c here currently, max was 10.8c earlier. It's 3-4c colder than it was at this time yesterday eve, so if the skies stay clear then I'm expecting a low of approx

-5.0c around dawn.

Anyone know if there's any cloud expected? Met/beeb seems to have some reaching here around dawn, so may get here in time to stop proper cold minima.

Edited by mikeocarroll

Posted

Thinking my estimate of -3c could be conservative, 3c currently, -4c must be within reach.