Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wimblettben

Temperature And Frost Watch -19th To 20th Of October 2011

Stalling at 2.1c for 6 minutes now sad.png

Urrr 20 minutes. No ground frost either! Grrr, we better not bottom out here.

And yes GTLTW, perfect weather.

Here is a link to my weather station in Aberdeenshire

http://www.wundergro...p?ID=IABERDEE47

Hi connlach,

If I were you, I would also place the link in your profile. The footer bit I mean, guys help me. help.gif is that what it's called? The bit that shows my Blog and tells everybody, what a geek I am. rofl.gif

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Hi connlach,

If I were you, I would also place the link in your profile. The footer bit I mean, guys help me. help.gif is that what it's called? The bit that shows my Blog and tells everybody, what a geek I am. rofl.gif

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

The signature? fool.gif

No cloud, no wind, no nothing. Why is it stalling like so?

A breeze, an inversion, surroundings. Many factors that can cause it to stall.

Only an inversion possible there.

Just went to 2.0c but is now 2.1c again, grrr.

No cloud, no wind, no nothing. Why is it stalling like so?

A positive multiplier effect means that when a thread is active, it spurs other people to post making it more active which in turn carries on. This is the reason that the more interesting thread, is not always the more active one.

As for your temperature it is very likely the dewpoint so you must be drawing moisture from somewhere unless your topography is letting you down (are you on the western/northern side of a decent hill).

Saint Andrews and Edinburgh all have dew points of -1C now while Dundee is at 1C, so you may start dropping if the wind shifts.

Spadeadam, Eskdalemuir, Drumalbin and Altnaharra are all at 2C, so these may get their first.

Hi connlach,

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Thanks for the advice!

An inversion would help him unless he is high up.

Xcweather reports that his wind direction turned more northerly from being westerly which could be drawing moisture from somewhere.

A positive multiplier effect means that when a thread is active, it spurs other people to post making it more active which in turn carries on. This is the reason that the more interesting thread, is not always the more active one.

As for your temperature it is very likely the dewpoint so you must be drawing moisture from somewhere unless your topography is letting you down (are you on the western/northern side of a decent hill).

Saint Andrews and Edinburgh all have dew points of -1C now while Dundee is at 1C, so you may start dropping if the wind shifts.

Spadeadam, Eskdalemuir, Drumalbin and Altnaharra are all at 2C, so these may get their first.

Humidity has risen by just 1% since 7pm? We are to the east of the higher areas (reaches 300m+ in Consett nearby), but generally it's equal land. Dew point is -1C.

Humidity has risen by just 1% since 7pm? We are to the east of the higher areas (reaches 300m+ in Consett nearby), but generally it's equal land. Dew point is -1C.

Your dewpoint has definitely dropped since 19:20 then (assuming the Dundee station on xcweather is close to you here).

I would suggest that your temperature will start dropping off again then before nights end.

Your dewpoint has definitely dropped since 19:20 then (assuming the Dundee station on xcweather is close to you here).

I would suggest that your temperature will start dropping off again then before nights end.

It has fell to 2.0c again, but it should rise again imo. Should I lay ice against my grass and patio to get a ground frost?!

1.9c, let me turn this frown upside down and say sorry for bothering y'all!

It has fell to 2.0c again, but it should rise again imo. Should I lay ice against my grass and patio to get a ground frost?!

1.9c, let me turn this frown upside down and say sorry for bothering y'all!

Why would it rise?

Excelent news..

Wahay! I think I'm winning with 1.5 at the moment. If the air stays calm looks like a good chance of a decent frost in the early hours.

edit 1.3 now

Newcastle now down to 2C as well.

Come on you users reading (18 is good), anybody from Newcastle with a report?

Wahay! I think I'm winning with 1.5 at the moment. If the air stays calm looks like a good chance of a decent frost in the early hours.

Yes you are.

I am actually surprised that Shap is still at 4C and Leeds seems to be doing well compared to the surrounding areas.

Leeds Bradford seems to be stalling or not updating.. the centre of Leeds is at 5c which is pretty good for an urban location.

Leeds Bradford seems to be stalling or not updating.. the centre of Leeds is at 5c which is pretty good for an urban location.

I just go by the Leeds-Bradford observation when i refer to Leeds, the station updates at 50 minutes past the hour.

http://weather.noaa....ther/GB_cc.html

Good site for airports and official stations.

It's 2.0c now. Very dry air shouldn't help ground frost chances. Temperatures are much more stable now. Hoping for a drop, but becoming less likely. Anything lower than 1c and I would quite pleased.

Going to have a shower in a moment, hopefully some time away from glaring at the ws will help it fall!

EDIT: 2.1c, boo. Bye for a bit.

1.7c here now. Good considering Im in South Wales but live on a hill in a rural area so not surprising. Wonder if I'l get below 0c tonight.

Leeds must update every 30 minutes. At 20:20 it is now down to 2C.

Eskdalmiur is now at 1C.

• Similar Content

• By Alice1991
      Frost seems to go really well with the flower.
    • By Alice1991
      Taken in late November, so I was very surprised to see roses still in bloom.
    • By Alice1991
      Was taken on a fine but freezing late November morning.
    • By Ross Andrew Hemphill
      Well here we are at the beginning of November and there's the chance for the first snowfall of the season! 
      The high ground of Scotland and Northern England look to bear the brunt of the snowfall, with the chance of some accumulations to lower levels (maybe staying above 100m) especially in Scotland, but also into the Midlands Tuesday night into Wednesday.
      Of course this is biased speculation, and also there's still plenty of time to go in terms of nailing snow forecasts, but as an avid coldie looking for more snow than he can handle this is looking pretty decent for my area tomorrow, considering it's still Autumn!!
      Whether this thread gets used or everyone stays chatting in their respective regional threads, I felt this very early taste of Winter deserved a proper mention.   

Netweather charts: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess=
      Met Office Warnings: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1478563200&regionName=st
      BBC Forecast Animation: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167
      BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!