Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Temperature And Frost Watch -19th To 20th Of October 2011

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Here is a link to my weather station in Aberdeenshire

http://www.wundergro...p?ID=IABERDEE47

Hi connlach,

If I were you, I would also place the link in your profile. The footer bit I mean, guys help me. help.gif is that what it's called? The bit that shows my Blog and tells everybody, what a geek I am. rofl.gif

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Hi connlach,

If I were you, I would also place the link in your profile. The footer bit I mean, guys help me. help.gif is that what it's called? The bit that shows my Blog and tells everybody, what a geek I am. rofl.gif

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

The signature? fool.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

No cloud, no wind, no nothing. Why is it stalling like so?

A breeze, an inversion, surroundings. Many factors that can cause it to stall.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

No cloud, no wind, no nothing. Why is it stalling like so?

A positive multiplier effect means that when a thread is active, it spurs other people to post making it more active which in turn carries on. This is the reason that the more interesting thread, is not always the more active one.

As for your temperature it is very likely the dewpoint so you must be drawing moisture from somewhere unless your topography is letting you down (are you on the western/northern side of a decent hill).

Saint Andrews and Edinburgh all have dew points of -1C now while Dundee is at 1C, so you may start dropping if the wind shifts.

Spadeadam, Eskdalemuir, Drumalbin and Altnaharra are all at 2C, so these may get their first.

Posted

Hi connlach,

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Thanks for the advice!

Posted

A breeze, an inversion, surroundings. Many factors that can cause it to stall.

An inversion would help him unless he is high up.

Xcweather reports that his wind direction turned more northerly from being westerly which could be drawing moisture from somewhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

A positive multiplier effect means that when a thread is active, it spurs other people to post making it more active which in turn carries on. This is the reason that the more interesting thread, is not always the more active one.

As for your temperature it is very likely the dewpoint so you must be drawing moisture from somewhere unless your topography is letting you down (are you on the western/northern side of a decent hill).

Saint Andrews and Edinburgh all have dew points of -1C now while Dundee is at 1C, so you may start dropping if the wind shifts.

Spadeadam, Eskdalemuir, Drumalbin and Altnaharra are all at 2C, so these may get their first.

Humidity has risen by just 1% since 7pm? We are to the east of the higher areas (reaches 300m+ in Consett nearby), but generally it's equal land. Dew point is -1C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Temp 2.7c here and falling quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Currently 5.7c dew 0c

Posted

Humidity has risen by just 1% since 7pm? We are to the east of the higher areas (reaches 300m+ in Consett nearby), but generally it's equal land. Dew point is -1C.

Your dewpoint has definitely dropped since 19:20 then (assuming the Dundee station on xcweather is close to you here).

I would suggest that your temperature will start dropping off again then before nights end.

Posted

Your dewpoint has definitely dropped since 19:20 then (assuming the Dundee station on xcweather is close to you here).

I would suggest that your temperature will start dropping off again then before nights end.

It has fell to 2.0c again, but it should rise again imo. Should I lay ice against my grass and patio to get a ground frost?!

1.9c, let me turn this frown upside down and say sorry for bothering y'all!

Edited by Isolated Frost

Posted

It has fell to 2.0c again, but it should rise again imo. Should I lay ice against my grass and patio to get a ground frost?!

1.9c, let me turn this frown upside down and say sorry for bothering y'all!

Why would it rise?

Excelent news..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow

Wahay! I think I'm winning with 1.5 at the moment. If the air stays calm looks like a good chance of a decent frost in the early hours.

edit 1.3 now

Edited by Red Raven

Posted

Newcastle now down to 2C as well.

Come on you users reading (18 is good), anybody from Newcastle with a report?

Wahay! I think I'm winning with 1.5 at the moment. If the air stays calm looks like a good chance of a decent frost in the early hours.

Yes you are.

I am actually surprised that Shap is still at 4C and Leeds seems to be doing well compared to the surrounding areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Leeds Bradford seems to be stalling or not updating.. the centre of Leeds is at 5c which is pretty good for an urban location.

Posted

Leeds Bradford seems to be stalling or not updating.. the centre of Leeds is at 5c which is pretty good for an urban location.

I just go by the Leeds-Bradford observation when i refer to Leeds, the station updates at 50 minutes past the hour.

Posted

http://weather.noaa....ther/GB_cc.html

Good site for airports and official stations.

It's 2.0c now. Very dry air shouldn't help ground frost chances. Temperatures are much more stable now. Hoping for a drop, but becoming less likely. Anything lower than 1c and I would quite pleased.

Going to have a shower in a moment, hopefully some time away from glaring at the ws will help it fall!

EDIT: 2.1c, boo. Bye for a bit.

Edited by Isolated Frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

6.4C. A 1C drop in 30 minutes. Now we're talking! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

1.7c here now. Good considering Im in South Wales but live on a hill in a rural area so not surprising. Wonder if I'l get below 0c tonight.

Posted

Leeds must update every 30 minutes. At 20:20 it is now down to 2C.

Eskdalmiur is now at 1C.