Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

November Cet

Posted

Hadley is confirmed as 9.6C, an adjustment down this month of only 0.1C.

That makes it the 2nd warmest November and 2nd warmest Autumn in the CET series.

http://www.metoffice...cetml1659on.dat

We now only need December to come in at 7.4C to beat 2006 and make it the warmest annual CET on record.

That would be the warmest December since 1988, so might not be quite as easy to achieve as it sounds. ;)

Edited by Gavin P

Posted

Hadley is confirmed as 9.6C, an adjustment down this month of only 0.1C.

That makes it the 2nd warmest November and 2nd warmest Autumn in the CET series.

http://www.metoffice...cetml1659on.dat

We now only need December to come in at 7.4C to beat 2006 and make it the warmest annual CET on record.

At 8.3C, 1.4C above the 71-00 average I was still 1.3C too low! Although 7.4C for December is certainly not out of the question I think it's unlikely to be that mild. It would be incredible though if 2011 was to beat 2006, especially given the mediocre Summer we had. Looking fairly likely though that the south will not experience any lying snow in 2011!

Posted

Yes, 7.4C would be quite difficult, though its quite achievable if we have a mild zonal month.

Another more likely target is for the 2nd warmest year on record. December would only need to be 5.2C for that.

If Im honest, with 2011 being so barren for snow here Im kind of hoping neither fall! :)

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Well done to all.

Did'nt JW also do well last year as well?

Posted

Surprising that this thread hasn't been more active! After all we've just experienced the 2nd warmest November on record. Remarkable in a year that has also seen the warmest April and one of the warmest Octobers in many parts. Maybe that actually explains the lack of surprise at this month. Imagine this thread if it had been the 2nd coldest November on record!

Posted

Surprising that this thread hasn't been more active! After all we've just experienced the 2nd warmest November on record. Remarkable in a year that has also seen the warmest April and one of the warmest Octobers in many parts. Maybe that actually explains the lack of surprise at this month. Imagine this thread if it had been the 2nd coldest November on record!

No cold no care! lol

Posted

Well done to all.

Did'nt JW also do well last year as well?

Cheers SB, it's nice to come top although I think sticking my neck out in February and April undoubtedly helped me. I can't remember how I did last year but seem to remember doing OK.

Posted

Thanks for the competition, as always. If I can have a better winter season I would stand a better chance of winning. It seems to be where I lose the most points. In this part of the world the winter months are the most difficult to predict because it can be mild or freezing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Second that, AFT...It was all the warm months that got me.