Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What Would Your Ideal Weather Year Look Like?

Lauren

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

For example, my ideal weather year would be:

7 months of warm to hot weather with several good thunderstorms thrown in, 3 months of spring/autumn weather (still pleasant outside no need for a jumper, but with some much needed rain after the 7 months of relative dryness), 1 month thunderstorm season and one month of winter with lots of snow and thundersnow.

What would yours be and is there anywhere in the world where you ideal weather year exists?

Edited by Lauren

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I would have a 5 month winter lasting from November until March, a slow warm up in spring followed by a warm summer season with frequent thunderstorms for good measure then a rapid Autumn cool down.

My ideal weather would probably be Dultuh, Minnesota or Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

January - generally cool and dry. Max 3c/Low -7c

February - warming towards the end, same pattern. Max 4c/Low -7c

March - generally warm, but with the possibility of intense arctic bursts. Max 9c/Low -1c

April - becoming much hotter but with the opportunity of intense arctic bursts still - and some showery polar air at times. Max 16c/Low 4c

May - showery at times but towards the end of any showery season. Warmth from south becomes stronger. Max 20c/Low 7c

June - often generally hot and dry. Max 23c/Low 8c

July - even hotter with the possibility of t-storms towards the end from the south west. Max 25c/Low 10c

August - generally hot but cooling slightly at the end especially, t-storms in short bursts very likely. Max 24c/Low 11c

September - cooling dramatically after t-storms end. Still glimpses of warmth possible. Max 20c/Low 8c

October - first frosts likely. little warmth available, as with coolness. often foggy/dry. Max 13c/Low 4c

November - becoming very cold. little mild weather above 10c likely. very snowy due to cold air and warm waters. Max 5c/Low -1c

December - coldest month usually. Still warm waters collide with increasingly cold air to give dramatic cold, wet weather. Max 1c/Low -5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I would say cold and heavy snow between November and March with possibly one sever cold period of a week or two, with warmer periods inbetween each cold spell so it does not become too much. Once March snowfall is over, April and May will be the warm up with our first few thundery days. Summer will be warm or hot by day but with cooler nights to make for easy sleeping. It will also have a thundery breakdown every one to two weeks with a few days of cooler weather i.e in the low 20's! Autumn will be warm to begin with and then cooling down with misty/foggy mornings and the first few frosts by mid October, then the snow starts in November :)

Posted

January - generally cool and dry. Max 3c/Low -7c

February - warming towards the end, same pattern. Max 4c/Low -7c

March - generally warm, but with the possibility of intense arctic bursts. Max 9c/Low -1c

April - becoming much hotter but with the opportunity of intense arctic bursts still - and some showery polar air at times. Max 16c/Low 4c

May - showery at times but towards the end of any showery season. Warmth from south becomes stronger. Max 20c/Low 7c

June - often generally hot and dry. Max 23c/Low 8c

July - even hotter with the possibility of t-storms towards the end from the south west. Max 25c/Low 10c

August - generally hot but cooling slightly at the end especially, t-storms in short bursts very likely. Max 24c/Low 11c

September - cooling dramatically after t-storms end. Still glimpses of warmth possible. Max 20c/Low 8c

October - first frosts likely. little warmth available, as with coolness. often foggy/dry. Max 13c/Low 4c

November - becoming very cold. little mild weather above 10c likely. very snowy due to cold air and warm waters. Max 5c/Low -1c

December - coldest month usually. Still warm waters collide with increasingly cold air to give dramatic cold, wet weather. Max 1c/Low -5c

That's detailed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

I would have a 5 month winter lasting from November until March, a slow warm up in spring followed by a warm summer season with frequent thunderstorms for good measure then a rapid Autumn cool down.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

You really wouldn't want to live in Winnipeg believe me.

Posted

You really wouldn't want to live in Winnipeg believe me.

Believe me I would.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

A cold December and January with lots of snow and cold weather averaging 0c then a rapid warm up to about 15c for spring rising to 30c for June July and August then gentle cooling off to a nice 15c Autumn with strong winds thrown in sliding into a cold Nov and a snowy xmas :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

My Ideal Ulitmate Dreamland Weather:

Winter - Mega strong Low stalling to the South-East of the U.K, pulling in very chilling North-Easterly winds. This Low Pressure would be trapped around a thick circular wall of high pressure, and would be very hard to budge. There would be lot's of disturbances with 24/7 heavy snowfalls everyday until March... 102 meters of snow would have fallen by then.

Spring - By April, the strongest ever Low Pressure system from the Eastern USA will knock the circular wall of High-Pressure out of the way containing that snowy Low-Pressure inside. The circular wall of high-pressure would be positioned to the East of the U.K with the powerful Low out to the West. This would draw up some exceptionaly warm Southerly winds from the continent, and temperatures would peak to 30*C everyday in April, except for the very last day, when, all of a sudden, the powerful Low from the West will move to the East of the U.K. Within two hours! And draw in some unsually cold Northerly winds and drag in some very cold uppers. With the Low moving over the already hot UK, it would create some serious instability, and the most violent thunderstorms and thundersnow could break out across the land! Some of the snowflakes that fall could be as big as a £5 note, and some places would experience 40cm+ accumulations under 20 mintues. You wouldn't be able to see further than your nose if you were out in it. After another 2 hours, a big cell of High-Pressure to the West will knock the Low Pressure out the way, and the High-Pressure will stall over the U.K from May until August.

Summer: Generally sunny and hot thanks to the High-Pressure (although some cloud may be wrapped around it and be drawn to the U.K). At times, this big cell of High-Pressure will be forced to retreat Eastwards, and, from time to time, thunderstorms would break out bringing torrential rain/hail to places. Low-Pressure would never make it far enough, and not develop any kinks for frontal rain to occur. At all! Some of the thunderstorms that occur would be long-lasting and may last as long as 70 hours - Spansih Plumes would occur.

Autumn: The big cell of High-Pressure, which would currently be to the East of the U.K will get pushed further East, with an even lower area of pressure that's almost as big as the planet itself. This will continue to intensify until it takes a landing over the U.K. The centre of the Low would be only 234 mb's hpa. About 4 times lower than the record. The centre of the Low will be over Birmingham, and the isobars would be very tight, creating a wind that's so fast (235679mph), that eventually, we'll all be blown towards the moon and land their! :)

...Seriously, though, my non-dreamland ideal weather (;) would be - Winter would have a mixture of wintry weather and sunny spells, with thick white frosts, while Spring is generally dry and sunny with heavy showers, some wintry. Summer would have a mixture of rain and sunny spells with beastly thunderstorms from time to time. And Autumn would be generally cool, with a warm and dry September.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Believe me I would.

have you ever been??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

have you ever been??

I have. I had relatives there but they recently moved to Kamloops in B.C. Winnipeg is very very cold, dry and windy. Not what I would choose myself for an ideal Winter climate.

My own choice would be somewhere like St Anton in Austria. A cold and very snowy Winter with some good warm sunshine in the Summer broken up by the odd mountain thunderstorm and even on rare occasions an unexpected snowfall.

Edited by Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

This would be my favourite year of weather conditions:

January: cold, frosty and mostly clear and sunny.

February: windy weather mixed in with some rain.

March: a few more spells of cold weather before just beginning to warm up at the end with some showers.

April: sunshine and heavy convective showers for the whole month.

May: sunny and warm with some ocassional thundery plume setups.

June: same as May only with the added amount of more hot and sunny day's.

July: sunny weather mixed in with more home grown storms but not quite as hot as June or May.

August: sunshine and showers, some breezy day's and then a very big thunderstorm on the last day along with hot sunshine.

September: settled and sunny but only warm with temperatures in the low twenties celcius. Turning more unsettled at the end.

October: much more unsettled with the first frost nights scattered throughout the month along with some windy and wet day's.

November: very atlantic based with very strong and damaging winds interspersed with a few day's of more quiter weather with sunshine.

December: becoming more and more cold with temperatures below freezing during the christmas period along with some snow as well.

Posted

January - Very sunny throughout to get us through the bleakest times but also a good battleground snow setup or 2

Average Temp: 3c / -6c

February - Very sunny and frequently snowy but with a warm week long sunny spell with temps in the mid teens.

Average Temp: 6c/-5c

March - Increasing UV index combines with a mixture of arctic blasts and unsettled atlantic spells to give many convective setups

Average Temp: 11c/0c

April - Extremely sunny (300+ hours) with a mix of warm and cool spells and occasional convective spells.

Average Temp: 20c/9c

May - 300+ hours of sunshine and warm throughout

Average Temp: 24c/13c

June - Very warm with unbroken sunshine 9am-4pm every day then convective evenings occasional giving powerful nightime storms.

Average Temp: 27c/15c

July - Unbroken sunshine on all 31 days with any rain in the form of nighttime storms, a mix of hot spells and cooler spells.

Average Temp: 28c/17c

August - A mix of hot spells and violent thunderstorms, again another 300+ hours of sunshine month.

Average Temp: 28c/16c

September - Like the last week of September this year for 80% of the month, warm & sunny but some more unsettled weather at times.

Average Temp: 25c/13c

October - Sunny and pleasantly warm with very little rain.

Average Temp: 20c/11c

November - A mix of major warm and cold spells, with snow, hail, gales, thunderstorms, sunny days, everything basically.

Average Temp: 13c/3c

December - Cold and sunny with major snowy spells especially around christmas with blizzards and frequent battleground setups.

Average Temp: 4c/-3c

Overall: Around 3500-4000 hours of sunshine per year overall, a warm dry climate for most of the year with short but sharp cold snowy winters so i guess something similar to US cities such as Denver, Boise etc.

I'd also except a climate with 20-30c year round and unbroken sunshine bar occasional thunderstorms laugh.png

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

For me:

JANUARY: Very cold with plenty of snowfalls, fair share of dull and foggy/misty days and clearer and sunny days

(1C / -6C)

FEBRUARY: Still cold but a lot sunnier with less snowfall but snow still lying and frosts overnight

(4C / -3C)

MARCH: Often cold and still snowy first third, wet and stormy for the rest of the month with occasional springlike interludes

(9C / 2C)

APRIL: Much more settled with a mix of April showers an lengthier settled, sunny and increasingly warm spells

(16C / 5C)

MAY: Mainly settled and pleasantly warm, the first heatwaves showing themselves from mid month with the chance of thunderstorms throughout

(20C / 9C)

JUNE: Settled, warm and often hot and sunny, occasional thunderstorms but mainly clear to make the most of the longest days o the year

(24C / 12C)

JULY: Perpetually very warm or hot and sunny with rain in the form of heavy downpours and thunderstorms, the occasional cooler cloudier day for light relief

(27C / 15C)

AUGUST: Hottest time of the year in the first half but increasingly humid with thunderstorms increasing as the month goes on

(26C / 16C)

SEPTEMBER: The most thundery month of the year. Some late heatwaves, but also the first cooler nights - still quite sunny throughout

(22C / 13C)

OCTOBER: The mellower part of autumn in the first half of the month with cool nights and pleasant days, the Atlantic getting into gear from mid-month with the first chilly NWerlies and Nerlies towards months end

(17C / 8C)

NOVEMBER: The most unsettled month of the year with a very active Atlantic with plenty of rPm and Pm showery days with gales; the first snowy northerly in the final third; occasional calm and frosty interludes

(11C / 3C)

DECEMBER: Rapidly becoming bitterly cold with plentiful frost and fog and increasing snow with the first heavy fall around the 15th-20th, setting the trend for the rest of the winter

(4C / -3C)

Edited by Michael Prys-Roberts

January - North Easterlies with a Scandi High with the occasional low coming up the channel to give us the occasional blizzard at times, snow depth accumulating to about 75 cms but lots of clear weather with sunshine - Temps Max -3 to -5C.

February - Scandi high slips to the south bringing us into a southerly flow, remaining dry with plenty of sunshine, gradual warm up during the month from -5C to +10C bringing the spring thaw where the snow melts through the power of the sun rather than frontal rain.

March - Continuing in the same vein, temps rising from +10C to 21C by the end with some showers from time to time to help the farmers.

April - 21C to 25 C - continuing bright periods and showers.

May - 23C to 28 C - still bright periods and showers.

June - Summer starts with long periods of anti-cyclonic weather - max temps rarely below 25C and up to 31 - wall to wall blue skies.

July - as June but with the occasional breakdown as we get thunderstorms from time to time and continuing the same throughout August.

September through to October a long period of anti-cyclonic weather - max temps gradually falling from 31C to 15 C by All Souls Eve.

November - staying bright clear and calm but with temp gradually falling from max of 15C to 5C with night frosts starting in the second half of the month.

December - continuing as Nov until about the middle of the month when winter comes in dramatically with a blizzard giving widespread snow and a max of -3C after which it will remain mostly dry and clear with sunshine with a lot top of snow every so often to keep it looking pristine.

I have banned the words, drizzle, fog and sleet from my weather dictionary.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

London's Ideal Weather..

JANUARY: Extremely Cold January with a very dry outlook, bouts of snow as low pressure fronts seem to push south from the Arctic, breaking down on the east coast. Sunniest January on record. (-5C / -16C)

FEBRUARY: Bringing a slightly milder cold than of recent times, with no chance of a thaw in sight. 2011/12 Winter an exceptional one it may seem.

(1C / -5C)

MARCH: It seems high pressure has given up, early thaw begins and a very very wet March occurs as the North Atlantic dominates, temperatures ranging from 9C to 18C

(18C / 9C)

APRIL: High pressure builds to east of the UK, with low pressure just to the South West bring up some very hot and extremely dry air from France. Will feel very breezy at times, especially as the high pressure gets battered by the low to the west.

(32C / 19C)

MAY: Mainly settled and still pleasantly warm, the UK seems to be in one of the most hottest Springs on record, after a dismal start to the Season.

(35C / 19C)

JUNE: Some of the most intense thunderstorms break down a UK Record Spring, but summer has only just begun? North Atlantic very active, some of the worse floods occur in the South East since records began, 6 months of rain falls in June Alone due to thunderstorms. London Airports closed due to severe weather conditions for 3 days.

(20C / 12C)

JULY: July seems to hint at summer return, but temperatures in the first half struggle to reach 20*C as a very active Atlantic breaks down most of the high pressure over the continent, as we head into the second half of July, high pressure builds once again and temperatures reaching high 20s

(27C / 15C)

AUGUST: UK hottest record goes as August 2012 provides a bumper Olympics, temperatures at the Olympic site reach 40*C, with Gravesend just behind at 39.9C, Manchester Records 38.5*C. As the month goes on, the UK see's a very strong ex-Hurricane from the Mid-Atlantic bring extremely severe Thunderstorms across Europe and the South Coast of the UK. Occasional SuperCells and flash flooding occur.

(40C / 24C)

SEPTEMBER: No chance of a late Summer Spell, as the UK has just endured it's hottest/sunniest Summer since records began. South Coast records 3,652 hours of Sunshine up to the 1st September since January 2012. Very dry month overall, but very windy at times.

(15C / 12C)

OCTOBER: As we head towards winter, October takes a turn for the worse as Temperatures plummet, as a high pressure drags down very cold air from the poles, along with low pressure giving a helping hand. Lots of moisture still present from the recent breakdown of Atlantic fronts, very foggy.

(7C / -8C)

NOVEMBER: No chance of a repeat of last years November, that came in as one of the warmest since records began. Winter 2012 provides an end of the world feeling, as temperatures at the end of the month dip to as low as -20C at night. Heavy snowfalls and cloud keep temperatures at bay.

(-7C / -20C)

DECEMBER: As the sun's power is diminished, clear skies provide temperatures to plummet, widespread max of -24*C occurs, with some very heavy snowfalls throughout. UK endures a fantastic year of weather.

(-24C / -30C)

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

To many good ones to point up, only get certain days worth!!! we do love the weather!!

Jan - very cold and frosty, widespread snowfall from the northeast ,several inches level on the ground for the whole month

Feb - warm spell first week to clear and refresh the ground, then heavy snowfall of 15-20 inches level with 2 feet drifts lasting one week followed by a milder break with sunny blue skys and cold nights, a return to frosts and snow showers from the east later

March - snow showers and frosts with rime frosts on several days, sunny days and snow showers for the whole month

April - warming up, wintry weather moved away, spring is arriving with hot sunshine and april showers of hail and thunder

May - hot, humid and thundery, frequent night time storms from the continent, daytime mostly hot with a few homegrown storms

June - dry very warm and sunny for two weeks, thunderstorms breaking out on the third week heating up to hot and thundery at end of the month

July - very warm with some cloudy calm days and also sunny days, with at least one thunderstorm per week, and lasting into the night

August - very warm mostly but with hot days lasting a few at a time then a bit of a cool off but with thundery breakdowns

Sept - warm for most of the month, any rains only overnight , mostly dry days, with some gusty very mild air by the end of the month feeling like autumn on its way

Oct - atlantic conditions, squally cold fronts leading to rain and hail showers, with very mild spells at times, becoming cold slowly at nights ,but warm days, very mild and dry end to the month

Nov - first frosts, turning clear and fresh, becoming cold with wintry showers, some active atlantic weather fronts through the month to

Dec - very cold, frosty, snowy

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Best thing about living in a temperate climate is defiently its unpredictability within a season, more so than between them.

These are the long term averages for my home town, and a few minor changes to make things more interesting:

Summer

Dec 11/20

Jan 12/22

Feb 12/22

The temperature average is good, but I'd add no more than 2 degrees to them. By weakening the afternoon seabreeze which is sometimes quite cold, that would do the trick. I would also like to see more regular thunderstorms, which averages about 5 for the entire year here. I would also have snow at Christmas, because nothing compares to the festive feel of snow and cold. A BBQ at the beach is not the same thing.

Autumn

Mar 11/20

April 9/17

May 7/15

A nice time of the year with long spells of settled blue sky days. Sometimes a bit monotonous, so I'd make May colder with the arrival of snow in the mountains. It would also be nice if most trees were decidious, so leaf fall like the northern hemisphere.

Winter

June 5/12

July 5/12

Aug 5/13

Big changes required! Reduce the average temperature by 5 degrees (more in line with CET values ). Snow events frequent, permanent snow cover on the ranges behind Hobart. Frosts to be common. Also those still, low-cloud overcast freezing days...I love those.

Spring

Sep 7/15

Oct 8/17

Nov 10/19

The temperatures are fine, it is also a usually variable month with big temperature swings. But more gale or storm force wind events, like there used to be down here. Bigger rain events, with days with non stop rain and flooded streets.

I'd also add: the occasional waterspout

The possibility of a tornado ( no injuries )

93znd00z.jpg

Posted

London's Ideal Weather..

JANUARY: Extremely Cold January with a very dry outlook, bouts of snow as low pressure fronts seem to push south from the Arctic, breaking down on the east coast. Sunniest January on record. (-5C / -16C)

FEBRUARY: Bringing a slightly milder cold than of recent times, with no chance of a thaw in sight. 2011/12 Winter an exceptional one it may seem.

(1C / -5C)

MARCH: It seems high pressure has given up, early thaw begins and a very very wet March occurs as the North Atlantic dominates, temperatures ranging from 9C to 18C

(18C / 9C)

APRIL: High pressure builds to east of the UK, with low pressure just to the South West bring up some very hot and extremely dry air from France. Will feel very breezy at times, especially as the high pressure gets battered by the low to the west.

(32C / 19C)

MAY: Mainly settled and still pleasantly warm, the UK seems to be in one of the most hottest Springs on record, after a dismal start to the Season.

(35C / 19C)

JUNE: Some of the most intense thunderstorms break down a UK Record Spring, but summer has only just begun? North Atlantic very active, some of the worse floods occur in the South East since records began, 6 months of rain falls in June Alone due to thunderstorms. London Airports closed due to severe weather conditions for 3 days.

(20C / 12C)

JULY: July seems to hint at summer return, but temperatures in the first half struggle to reach 20*C as a very active Atlantic breaks down most of the high pressure over the continent, as we head into the second half of July, high pressure builds once again and temperatures reaching high 20s

(27C / 15C)

AUGUST: UK hottest record goes as August 2012 provides a bumper Olympics, temperatures at the Olympic site reach 40*C, with Gravesend just behind at 39.9C, Manchester Records 38.5*C. As the month goes on, the UK see's a very strong ex-Hurricane from the Mid-Atlantic bring extremely severe Thunderstorms across Europe and the South Coast of the UK. Occasional SuperCells and flash flooding occur.

(40C / 24C)

SEPTEMBER: No chance of a late Summer Spell, as the UK has just endured it's hottest/sunniest Summer since records began. South Coast records 3,652 hours of Sunshine up to the 1st September since January 2012. Very dry month overall, but very windy at times.

(15C / 12C)

OCTOBER: As we head towards winter, October takes a turn for the worse as Temperatures plummet, as a high pressure drags down very cold air from the poles, along with low pressure giving a helping hand. Lots of moisture still present from the recent breakdown of Atlantic fronts, very foggy.

(7C / -8C)

NOVEMBER: No chance of a repeat of last years November, that came in as one of the warmest since records began. Winter 2012 provides an end of the world feeling, as temperatures at the end of the month dip to as low as -20C at night. Heavy snowfalls and cloud keep temperatures at bay.

(-7C / -20C)

DECEMBER: As the sun's power is diminished, clear skies provide temperatures to plummet, widespread max of -24*C occurs, with some very heavy snowfalls throughout. UK endures a fantastic year of weather.

(-24C / -30C)

You know what, I think most people would be so freeked out with what was going on to enjoy that !

Posted

have you ever been??

No, but I have been to Toronto (which I'm told feels a lot colder than Winnipeg), but unlike most people I don't chicken out after a week or two of cold, and have no desire for summer heat!

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

You know what, I think most people would be so freeked out with what was going on to enjoy that !

I just lol'd at that. Seems a good Summer/Winter for all us weather fans!!

Posted

January - Very sunny throughout to get us through the bleakest times but also a good battleground snow setup or 2

Average Temp: 3c / -6c

February - Very sunny and frequently snowy but with a warm week long sunny spell with temps in the mid teens.

Average Temp: 6c/-5c

March - Increasing UV index combines with a mixture of arctic blasts and unsettled atlantic spells to give many convective setups

Average Temp: 11c/0c

April - Extremely sunny (300+ hours) with a mix of warm and cool spells and occasional convective spells.

Average Temp: 20c/9c

May - 300+ hours of sunshine and warm throughout

Average Temp: 24c/13c

June - Very warm with unbroken sunshine 9am-4pm every day then convective evenings occasional giving powerful nightime storms.

Average Temp: 27c/15c

July - Unbroken sunshine on all 31 days with any rain in the form of nighttime storms, a mix of hot spells and cooler spells.

Average Temp: 28c/17c

August - A mix of hot spells and violent thunderstorms, again another 300+ hours of sunshine month.

Average Temp: 28c/16c

September - Like the last week of September this year for 80% of the month, warm & sunny but some more unsettled weather at times.

Average Temp: 25c/13c

October - Sunny and pleasantly warm with very little rain.

Average Temp: 20c/11c

November - A mix of major warm and cold spells, with snow, hail, gales, thunderstorms, sunny days, everything basically.

Average Temp: 13c/3c

December - Cold and sunny with major snowy spells especially around christmas with blizzards and frequent battleground setups.

Average Temp: 4c/-3c

Overall: Around 3500-4000 hours of sunshine per year overall, a warm dry climate for most of the year with short but sharp cold snowy winters so i guess something similar to US cities such as Denver, Boise etc.

I'd also except a climate with 20-30c year round and unbroken sunshine bar occasional thunderstorms laugh.png

Very nice year and your June is how I swear the old summers used to be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

January- March like February 1947 followed by the April of 1981 and the May of 1979.

The summer would be incessantly wet and cold with frequent gales, this leading into an even colder, wetter and windier early Autumn.By November it would be cold enough for occasional snowfall, alternating with heavy rain and gales, and this would lead nicely into a December similar to 1981.

Am I in a minority of one? Thought so.

Posted

January- March like February 1947 followed by the April of 1981 and the May of 1979.

The summer would be incessantly wet and cold with frequent gales, this leading into an even colder, wetter and windier early Autumn.By November it would be cold enough for occasional snowfall, alternating with heavy rain and gales, and this would lead nicely into a December similar to 1981.

Am I in a minority of one? Thought so.

That sounds perfect actually.