Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Winter's Tale

Uefa Champions League 2011/2012

UCL 2011/2012  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win the Champions League

• FC Barcelona
    • Manchester United
    • Chelsea FC
    • FC Bayern Munich
    • Arsenal FC
    • Real Madrid CF
    • FC Porto
    • FC Inter Milan
    • AC Milan
    • Olympique Lyonnais
    • FC Shaktar Donetsk
    • Valencial CF
    • SL Benfica
    • Villareal CF
    • CSKA Moscow
    • Olympique de Marseille
    • Zenit St Petersburg
    • AFC Ajax
    • Bayern 04 Leverkusen
    • Manchester City FC
    • Olympiacos FC
    • Lille
    • FC Basel
    • FC BATE Borisov
    • Borussia Dortmond
  2. 2. Who Will Be Top Goal Scorer

• Lionel Messi
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Sergio Aguero
    • David Villa
    • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    • Fernando Torres
    • Robin Van Persie
    • Diego Forlan
    • Arjen Robben
    • Mario Gomez
    • Diego Milito
    • Karim Benzema
    • Alexendre Pato
    • Didier Drogba
    • Ashley Young
    • Javier Herandez
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Juan Mata
    • Giusseppe Rossi
  3. 3. Best Midfielder

• Iniesta
    • Xavi
    • Fabregas
    • Lampard
    • Wilshere
    • Alonso
    • Fletcher
    • Schwienstiger
    • Sneijder
    • David Silva
  4. 4. Best Defender

• Terry
    • Vidic
    • Ferdinand
    • Lahm
    • Puyol
    • Pique
    • Alves
    • Cole
    • Lucio
    • Maicon
  5. 5. Player of the UCL 2011/2012

• Messi
    • Rooney
    • Ronaldo
    • Iniesta
    • Xavi
    • Fabregas
    • Sneijder
    • Van Persie
    • Aguero
    • Silva
    • Villa
    • Lahm
    • Vidic
    • Pique
    • Puyol
    • Cesar
    • Casillas
    • Nuer
    • Cech

Daylight robbery tonight. and I wanted Chelsea to win)

Shots on Target 21-6 to Bayern, Corners 20-1, but the only thing that matters is that Chelsea have won the Champions League.

There is no rule saying he best team must win, and Roberto Di Matteo and Chelsea must take a lot of credit for winning this

Well knock me down with a feather - that must be the first time Abramovich has been seen to smile in about 5 years. acute.gif

I thought Robben had a shocker tonight, poor penelty, poor set pieces and poor shooting and Gomez was not that much better either in fairness.

Bayern had most of the ball but they could not break through a side who literally parked the bus again and got their rewards, luck or no luck, its a clever tactic when it works thats for sure.

It was a dire game but it will be interesting if RDM will get the job now. He probably would and the senior Chelsea players would love that won't they? I think it somes up how much of a soft touch he is when he allowes the players call him "Robbie", you don't hear any other players from any other club do that. It will be interesting whether he will have the bottle to move some of the more older players on or not, at least with AVB, he had the bottle and fair play to him considering his age. Sadly the Media/pundits and some of the senior pros undermind him and seemed to forget his achievements with Porto.

It would of been interesting too see how Chelsea will fare without CL footy but sadly the usual suspects are in the competition after it looked like both Arsenal and Chelsea could miss out at one stage.

A load of dog biscuits. Chelsea did a great job tonight. It wasn't pretty but so what. And oh dear he allows his players to call him "Robbie". Clough allowed his players to call him " Mr. Clough".

Hmm. Some of them would have called him Robbie when he was on the team and they were juniors, wouldn't they? Difficult to force them to start addressing him more formally, even if he wanted them to. Whoever's manager next season, Abramovich will have a clear out. He's in charge of paying the wages, after all.

Didn't realise I had so many Chelsea "fans" as friends!

Ah well, we'll now get the Chelski fans announcing how they have changed the scape of the world, despite being dominated throughout. Well done to them for sticking in but Bayern were far superior throughout. We'll now get a summer full of how English football is the greatest thing ever made. I can take the result, but what I can't take is the media backlash afterwards.

Yes, Chelsea aren't my favourite team but you have got to congratulate them for winning the Champions League with a lot of heart. And the manager and the team deserve it too. I think if it weren't for some of the other teams being weaker this year then Chelsea may not have won it. It'll be interesting to see what their owner's attitude will be like for future seasons. The disapointments from this is the end of long-run of London teams not winning the European Cup, as a Scot I would have been happy to say after tonight that Glasgow has had a team that's won the prize and London hasn't. Also, to an extent, the big money, foreign element was there but not as prominent as Man City and the team togetherness of Chelsea over-shaddows that fact. I supported Bayern tonight as I am a footballing fan and don't feel that I have support the British team as the media suggests. I'm a great fan of German football and would loved to have seen Bayern lift the cup. Instead, the English media will continue to pretend to be blind to the football in the other European Countries - and in those other countries, the game is organised, run and played better than in England.

I don't think this English Club success vs German Club will carry on into the Euros. The other Euopean teams including France will get together in summer and probably be too much. And I expect Germany to be the same as Bayern are hardly the best team in that league and hardly represented what the Bundesliga is all about tonight. I feel that the German players who failed tonight will join force with the rest of Germany's top footballers to produce a very good showing at the Euros.

The game tonight was quite bland for periods but at the same time it was intruiging. Bayern played well generally until the ball reached the final third where Robben, Ribery, Muller and Gomez weren't good enough to be clinical or productive enough to do the job. Philipp Lahm was brilliant again for Bayern with important interceptions and creating the chances that the forward men failed to produce. Didier Drogba was inspirational and brilliant tonight with an incredible header. Petr Cech was great too and so was Ashley Cole. This result will make for an interesting summer of European football and an interesting season in the English League and in Europe. I feel very sorry for Tottenham in missing out but they should take the Europa League very seriously.

What I do find funny is that I bet you there wouldn't be the same response if Man City won the CL, would there?

Which is hilarious as

a) If you like teams purely because they are english help.gif then you would be pleased to know that City have more english players regularly in their starting XI than Chelsea.

B) If you don't like teams because they spend too much, then you would be pleased to know that City spent £83 million in the last transfer window, whilst Chelsea spent £89 million in the last one- and you can add the £50 million Torres signing in Jan 11 to that as well.

So yeah. All those fans supporting Chelsea, that almost certainly wouldn't support City- hmm...

Chelsea have now joined a mighty club of Champions of Europe:

Real Madrid (Spain) - 9, Milan (Italy) - 7, Liverpool (England) - 5, Bayern Munich (Germany) - 4, Barcelona (Spain) - 4, Ajax (Netherlands) - 4, Inter (Italy) - 3, ManchesterUnited (England) - 3, Benfica (Portugal) - 2, Juventus (Italy) - 2, Nottingham Forrest (England) - 2, Porto (Portugal) - 2, Celtic (Scotland) - 1, Hamburg(Germany)- 1, Steaua Bucuresti (Romania) - 1, Marseille (France) - 1, Chelsea (England) - 1, Feyenoord (Netherlands) - 1, Aston Villa (England) - 1, PSV (Netherlands) - 1, Red Star Belgrade (Serbia) - 1, Borussia Dortmund (Germany) - 1

10 Nations Have won the European Cup:

Spain - 13

Italy - 12

England - 12

Germany - 6

Netherlands - 6

Portugal - 4

France - 1

Scotland - 1

Romania - 1

Serbia - 1