Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Winter's Tale

Uefa Champions League 2011/2012

UCL 2011/2012  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win the Champions League

• FC Barcelona
    • Manchester United
    • Chelsea FC
    • FC Bayern Munich
    • Arsenal FC
    • Real Madrid CF
    • FC Porto
    • FC Inter Milan
    • AC Milan
    • Olympique Lyonnais
    • FC Shaktar Donetsk
    • Valencial CF
    • SL Benfica
    • Villareal CF
    • CSKA Moscow
    • Olympique de Marseille
    • Zenit St Petersburg
    • AFC Ajax
    • Bayern 04 Leverkusen
    • Manchester City FC
    • Olympiacos FC
    • Lille
    • FC Basel
    • FC BATE Borisov
    • Borussia Dortmond
  2. 2. Who Will Be Top Goal Scorer

• Lionel Messi
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Sergio Aguero
    • David Villa
    • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    • Fernando Torres
    • Robin Van Persie
    • Diego Forlan
    • Arjen Robben
    • Mario Gomez
    • Diego Milito
    • Karim Benzema
    • Alexendre Pato
    • Didier Drogba
    • Ashley Young
    • Javier Herandez
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Juan Mata
    • Giusseppe Rossi
  3. 3. Best Midfielder

• Iniesta
    • Xavi
    • Fabregas
    • Lampard
    • Wilshere
    • Alonso
    • Fletcher
    • Schwienstiger
    • Sneijder
    • David Silva
  4. 4. Best Defender

• Terry
    • Vidic
    • Ferdinand
    • Lahm
    • Puyol
    • Pique
    • Alves
    • Cole
    • Lucio
    • Maicon
  5. 5. Player of the UCL 2011/2012

• Messi
    • Rooney
    • Ronaldo
    • Iniesta
    • Xavi
    • Fabregas
    • Sneijder
    • Van Persie
    • Aguero
    • Silva
    • Villa
    • Lahm
    • Vidic
    • Pique
    • Puyol
    • Cesar
    • Casillas
    • Nuer
    • Cech

Amazing that Drogba scored the goal as it was it was about the only time in the match he he was above ground. Great work by Ramires though. Any bets on the return match? And will Jose prevail?

Barcelona tend to struggle on English soil but back at the Nou Camp I suspect that they will beat Chelsea. I thought Chelsea defended well and their physical strength and pace meant that Barca struggled in the final third despite creating lots of chances. Inspector Drogba was great again tonight for auditioning as a man being shot in some kind of film. His strength was great but I hate his acting and pathetic acts of a sudden death.

I predict that Chelsea won't be at the final which for me would be a good thing as they probably play the poorest and most boring football out of all the semi-final sides. I hope Bayern will play Chelsea but again it will be difficult for Munich to progress with the game in Madrid. But they are a good side, they can score goals, got good midfielders, got a good goalkeeper and good wing-back in Lahm but I feel that their defence is the poorest of the semi-finalists so they will be punished.

Real Madrid vs Barca is a good bet.

I actually thought Barca were quite boring tonight despite their undoubted brilliance and technical ability.

I expect Barcelona to prevail...but Chelsea are a bit of a bogey team for the Catalans so will be interesting in the return leg.

I heard about the disgraceful cheating by Drogba He really needs to be banned. Even when he gets caught on camera and gets away with it.

Chelsea set out to stifle Barca which worked buts invites pressure. Certainly won't work at the nou camp.

Funnily enough I don't think Barca are good at defending and would probably struggle from crosses from the wings. Something for chelski too look at 2nd leg.

I think people should realise that Barcelona players went down quite a bit yesterday, with nobody around them.

I think what Drogba did was good, good old theatrics that Barcelona don't like. It's mind games, not cheating!!

But anyways, SAME OLD BARCA, ALWAYS CHEATING!!, SAME OLD BARCA, ALWAYS CHEATING!!

No it's called cheating who ever does it.

I think people should realise that Barcelona players went down quite a bit yesterday, with nobody around them.

I think what Drogba did was good, good old theatrics that Barcelona don't like. It's mind games, not cheating!!

But anyways, SAME OLD BARCA, ALWAYS CHEATING!!, SAME OLD BARCA, ALWAYS CHEATING!!

No, it's cheating.

I dont think Barcelona are renound for cheating...Argentina maybe but not Barcelona

FIFA/UEFA and the FA really need to start looking back through footage of games and handing out bans to anyone who dives and feigns an injury. It really is pathetic watching some of the theatrics that go on in football. Some of the italian sides are terrible for it but it is all to prevalent in all competitions these days.

Hope Chelsea can get through and if they somehow can nick an away goal then it could be interesting. I do think Barcelona will ultimately go through to the final though.

Terry sent off Chelski falling apart but now sneak an away goal against the onslaught of Barca.

Terry sent off Chelski falling apart but now sneak an away goal against the onslaught of Barca.

wouldn't surprise me if they line everyone up infront of their goal now

Messi misses a penalty, still convinced Barca go through though.

I'm expecting Chelsea to go through as I don't think Barca can breakthrough. That will make the final very boring no matter who wins the other semi-final.

Is anyone else bored of Barca? I rarely want Chelsea to win but Barca's dominance and tedious short passing has started to annoy me, I think it's in the interest of the game for them to go trophyless this season!

Is anyone else bored of Barca? I rarely want Chelsea to win but Barca's dominance and tedious short passing has started to annoy me, I think it's in the interest of the game for them to go trophyless this season!

I love Barca when they are at their best and their quality of passing is great but failing to break through the defence simply isn't good enough with all that possesion and it makes for a very frustrating game.

I'm not a fan of Chelsea and I would much rather a team like Arsenal, United or Liverpool were in their position instead but if Barca simply can't score with all that possesion then I suppose they deserve to go out. If they do go trophyless this season then the review will say - "Must do better next time" and to start diversify from the foundation of their passing and possesion.

This game reminds me alot of the semi final between Barca and Inter in 2010. Inter went down to 10 men and parked the bus and Barca wnet through the same agonising process of keeping the ball but creating nothing.

As I said, there is no correct way of playing so can people stop critisizing hoofball or "parking the bus" type of play, Chelsea has been rewarded with the final because of that style of play!

Oh and whenever i see Barca play especially at home, they play with an arrogance, just pass pass pass and try to walk the ball in. It also shows what people know when people thought Chelsea are going to get thrashed...

I'm gutted because I won't know if 4th is going to be enough to get us into the Champions League until the final is over and done with, it also shows those folk that the old guard ARE still good enough and that Chelsea are NOT in decline. Feel sorry for AVB though, when he tries to ruffle the feathers a bit, his players go into a strop but now Di Matteo is just sucking upto them and gets rewarded, not right I feel.

I agree that Barca must find another way when teams park the bus, they only have one way of playing and it isn't effective against teams that are defensively strong. I admire Guardiola but it's almost as if he felt they didn't need any out and out strikers anymore. Messi is a genius but he rarely runs onto balls in behind defenders which is what is needed when a team has parked the bus. Guardiola needs to sign someone like Llorente in the summer who would give them another option. The only long balls they play are to the flanks as they have no height in the centre and no one in the box as Messi plays so deep.

Credit to Chelsea though, superb rearguard performance and Di Matteo got his tactics spot-on, right down to bringing on a fresh Fernando Torres near the end.

I'm speechless, a phenomenal performance by the blues (im a chelsea fan btw) i don't think i have ever seen them play as inspired as that, i don't know what Di matteo has done but he has done it right, a historic moment for chelsea to beat barca with a fantastic goal by ramires and a torres goal, i really wanted torres to score and i'm sure it means so much. Ten men for most of the match also, unbeilievable.

Ryan.

A truly astonishing performance by Chelsea. I take back all I've said of Lampard in the past. Not only that John Terry will probably get the vote as standup comedian of the year for his interpretation of his red card.