Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tuesday 23rd August - Rain Watch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

possible concerning day for Tues 23rd Aug, looks very wet for the NW Midlands, again due to arrive in the day, so rains whole day, and dry whole night

similar to last thurs, that time got away with a dry day, but this time, dont think I will

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I live in hope!

There have been so many occasions this summer when rain has been forecast for this area only to disappear as the time approached that I'll believe it when it's actually raining.

I notice the weather advisory from the Met' Office covers areas to the south east of here for Monday into Tuesday but despite this the Peak District forecast speaks of heavy, possibly thundery, rain particularly in the east of the area.

Posted

Well at least we here in the middle midlands , shall be safe from any rain.

We have missed everthing for a round a year!

Even today's was just a bit of drizzle, and the rain band tonight is parting like the bloomin' red sea!!! gggrrgrgrgrgrgrhhhhhhh!!! *angry face*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Yes something to watch closely, with a huge amount of moisture this is a likely flood event, although could downgrade but i expect more an upgrade but what im not sure of is the timing of the event, as it could shift bk n fwd to when the event starts.

Posted

Looking at the BBC forecast today the rain looks more widespread and thundery rain was mentioned.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack1a.gif

Speaking of thunder totally out of the blue that is,violent thunderstorm!!!!! last night deafeaning overheard thunder with very quick bursts of rain,there was no sign of anything thundery.

There was a humming sound last night aswell with it very odd.

Posted

I see the Met' Office have now extended their advisory for heavy rain on Tuesday to include my area, albeit towards the north western edge of it.

Nevertheless it gives me cause for optimism that I might see some meaningful rainfall, another shunt westward would be good as the time approaches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Keeping watch on this thundery development set to hit some areas from this evening and into tonight moving up from the south, there is potential for flash floods as torrential rainstorms break out, also a risk of thunderstorms, this system moving north overnight and through tuesday, there are weather watchs out from Netweather, the MetOffice and others, these would be upgraded to warning later, unless a downgrade occurs or a track change that lowers the risk, but at this stage its all stations ready, an active weather system is on it way.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

We also have a thread running for the convective issues concerned with anything happening tomorrow here:

http://forum.netweat...ion-and-reports

Local BBC weather this morning talking about 40mm + of rain

Posted

Oh dear! The Met' Office have removed the weather advisory for this area and even the GFS is predicting only about 1 or 2mm later on Tuesday as the system slides away to the east .

Suddenly it's not looking good at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

GFS normally good but I think it has this wrong, the rain completely misses me, where as bbc/meto have the worst of it over the NW midlands, weather warning for NW midlands

hope GFS is right (maybe selfishly) but rain sucks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Pressure 1012.1hPa

Temp 21.4c

Max Temp 22.5c

Min Temp 10.9c

Humidity 69%

Dewpoint 15.4c

Rainfall 0.0mm

Monthly Rainfall 44.5mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

still on for the south east - be aware warning on met office..

Issued at - 22 Aug 2011, 11:02

Valid from - 23 Aug 2011, 00:00

Valid to - 23 Aug 2011, 15:00

Outbreaks of heavy rain are expected to spread into southern counties of England on Monday evening, turning locally heavy and thundery over parts of the SE half of England during early Tuesday morning. Whilst many parts will see relatively modest rainfall amounts, the public should be aware that surface water flooding and frequent lightning is possible locally.

The public are advised to take extra care, further information and advice can be found here: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/links.html

Close

Posted

Looking at the met office radar, there's a pulsating blob of extremely bright colours over the channel islands right now. Looks like a thunderstorm, but on a huge scale. Must be a deluge down there right now.