Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North & South Soaking

Posted

25 to 50mm of rain in 4 hours reported widely from Dorset, Hampshire and Berkshire.

I asked the question on another post but WHERE was a severe weather warning from the Met Office?? It certainly wasn't on their web site. I can't believe it.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

25 to 50mm of rain in 4 hours reported widely from Dorset, Hampshire and Berkshire.

I asked the question on another post but WHERE was a severe weather warning from the Met Office?? It certainly wasn't on their web site. I can't believe it.

Evidently the areas affected weren't widespread enough. How ridiculous! Especially as they have given a warning for Scotland now where I would not expect to see the same volume of rain.

Posted

Yes I agree, normally the warnings are very good, they have certainly known about it for at least 2 days. I have sent an email to them requesting an explanation as this is unacceptable.

Just checked on the Met Office website, a yellow warning for heavy rain has been issued for parts of Hampshire, Berkshire, Surrey and the Home Counties, issued at 1518..

I suppose you could say better late than never. I hope people in Dorset particularly make a fuss and complain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Yes I agree, normally the warnings are very good, they have certainly known about it for at least 2 days. I have sent an email to them requesting an explanation as this is unacceptable.

Someone already did this.

They said that it was too localised to issue a warning.

Complete balls if you ask me! There have been a few too many errors from the Met in recent years, this is not good for their public image!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Someone already did this.

They said that it was too localised to issue a warning.

Complete balls if you ask me! There have been a few too many errors from the Met in recent years, this is not good for their public image!

What is funny is that you couldn't get a much more specific and localised warning than the one that they have belatedly issued!

Posted

I warned my sons last night there would be torrential rain in Poole & Bournemouth this morning, spot on nailed it.

Pity I wasn't at home (Poole) it would have been a once in a lifetime event to see, the floods remind you a bit of Boscastle, especially in Boscombe Pier area.

Check out http://www.bournemou...in_hits_Dorset/

for pictures

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

I got a similar reply from the Met, disruption not widespread enough they said! Don't think people in Dorset, Hampshire and Berkshire would agree.

I've lived here in Southampton for over 30 years and I cannot recall such sustained heavy rain over such a long period. Usually, there are lulls but this was continuous and heavy throughout the best part of 4 hours. It'll be interesting to see the rainfall figures.