Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Forum Upgrade

Paul

Posted

Hi, I am more a "lurker" on the forum, but come here regularly and also look on my phone quite a lot.

Just wanted to add a note to say I am also having the same problem on the mobile version where I can't skip to a particular page number, or to the end of the thread.

I hope this is sorted soon as it's quite frustrating. Keep up the good work guys and gals! smile.png

Mobile version now has page numbers available in it - you may need to clear your cache for this to work properly and display the page number you're on..

Posted

I cannot understand why internet forums are obsessed with upgrading.

If it aint broke why fix it.

I find the new upgrade slow and harder to get around.

Most come on here because of an interest in weather not for amazing graphics

Rant over!

Posted

Hmmm,

Probably feel awkward saying this now, as no one else has noticed it, therefore I must be the only one who used to do this!

I used to click, for instance, on the "Model Discussion" from the front page in the "Latest Discussions" pane, and before the upgrade it would take me to the Last Page of the Model Discussion, but now it defaults to the 1st Page, which I don't find useful, and then have to navigate back and then hit Last Page again!

Also, on the front page Michael Fish has been 'returning from his February break" for about 18 months now LOL!!!!

Just to say......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Rant over!

agree with that, and my opinion changing graphics wont bring anyones desired weather!

Posted

Hmmm,

Probably feel awkward saying this now, as no one else has noticed it, therefore I must be the only one who used to do this!

I used to click, for instance, on the "Model Discussion" from the front page in the "Latest Discussions" pane, and before the upgrade it would take me to the Last Page of the Model Discussion, but now it defaults to the 1st Page, which I don't find useful, and then have to navigate back and then hit Last Page again!

The operation of the latest discussions bit of the homepage hasn't actually been changed as it's a totally separate setup to the forum itself - it always did take you to the first post in a thread.

Rant over!

A lot of people don't like change, and that's fair enough but if everything stayed the same we'd still all be using old style black and white bulletin boards with no private messaging, searches, attachments in posts and so on. The upgrade was a lot more than just a new skin :)

Hmmm,

Also, on the front page Michael Fish has been 'returning from his February break" for about 18 months now LOL!!!!

Just to say......

Funny you should say that as since the upgrade whenever I press view new content I go straight to the first page of the Model Discussion thread, however above the first post there is a button to move to last unread post. For me it only seems to appear on that thread as all the others go to the post just after the last one I have read.

Paul, thanks for the mobile skin as hopefully that should work better on the works internet.

Chris

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Some nice extra touches coming on, you need to have an explore around and try things out if you got time, and then find all the small and big new features that have come with the upgrade. and why should there not be the upgrade as some are saying? i think its good to have a change now and again, especially trying new features out and seeing new things to me is interesting and gives a new fresh feel to things.

-

just to add that when on mobile using the full version(click setting at bottom of forum page) if you click on the time of last post then it should take you to last page, when i do this it takes me to top of last page of that thread, which is good if i want a quick update, also you can then click back a few pages to or foward again. so these problems of first page only when clicking thread name maybe can be avoided by clicking last post time(full version)

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

No problem with the upgrade as such but the view new content button worked OK initially but then i tried using one of the by time period options and it came up with no new content found. Since then thats all i get on any of the options including view new content i havent read which previously did work. I have tried all sorts including clearing cookies to get it working again but to no avail and it is a bit of annoying pain as that was the best way to view all the new content since i had last visited, now i have to go through each forum - fine when i've got the time but not so helpful for a quick check. Ive tried safari and firefox but both yield the same results.

Posted

All is working fine with the new content searches, are you perhaps filtering it out with one of the options down the left hand side? If you want to see all new content, none of the 'other' filters should be selected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Ah that seems to have been the problem oops.gif - thanks Paul

Posted

The reinstatement of page numbers to the forums on the mobile site is a relief. However how do I know which page I am on? If it says 1 2 3 4 5 etc at the top, all the boxes look the same. It would be useful if the page number you were on was in bold or a different colour.

Edited by Paul_1978

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I'm not sure whether it's only since the upgrade, but I've been experiencing a bug in the PM system. When creating a pm, it's impossible to go back and edit it without exiting/closing the message and then reopening it. It doesn't happen in replies to existing pms. I'm using Mac OSX 10.5.8 and Firefox 6.0.2.

Not major, but a bit irritating.

Cheers.

CR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just a minor point. I've noticed that when posting on the current conditions/ weather reports thread for the day, pressing 'Control and Home' doesn't take you to the top of the page once you've posted, you have to scroll up to the top.

If you navigate away from the thread and come back to it, 'Control and Home' takes you to the top of the page as normal.

Or is it only me?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Never heard of ctrl+home as a way of doing that, but pressing home on it's own seems to work ok for me?

Yes, home on its own works for me too. Funny how, if you do something once and it works, you lock into a pattern of behaviour and never deviate from it. It had never occurred to me to just press home.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Still unable to use the mobile version when logged in on my blackberry.

Slightly annoying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

No reason why you shouldn't be able to - just select it from the bottom of the page?

Will give it ago and let you know :)