Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Forum Upgrade

Paul

Posted

bit strange at first Paul,but it looks good once me bulbs re adjust lol.whens the next update to the v5 radar?

reegards Peter.

Posted

Thanks Paul - looks good.

One problem with the mobile version: how do you jump to the last post of a thread? On the old mobile version the last post was a link so you didn't have to scroll through from the start of the topic, but now I can only see the link to the first post which is a bit frustrating.

Thanks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Must say, I'm not a big fan of the new theme.

Will surely learn to like it as the days pass though, going to take lots of getting used to, but I liked the old one!

Posted

It's not as if he was going to change it back for me Stu. :lol:

Posted

It's true, but what's really annoying is that if I'd laid down my bet on you being the first to say you didn't like it then I'd have won plenty of cash!

Posted

No problems with any bugs in the change over, but not keen on knowing who has liked /+ a reputation on a post. It's nice to know who likes what you have posted, but I feel it should be kept anonymous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

I must admit I'm not keen on it but that's probably because I was really used to the old layout but once I get use to this new layout it will grow on me most likely :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Hi Paul, like the new forum site, any problems will be ironed out soon iam sure, so come on winter2011 with all guns blazing. COME ON.

Posted

Weirdly, for me on the mobile skin it appears to be taking me to the final post of the thread by default?

Just checked again and it did take me to the last page of posts, which is fine. Maybe it is my phone (using Safari on iPhone 3) in which case apologies for the confusion!

Posted

It's true, but what's really annoying is that if I'd laid down my bet on you being the first to say you didn't like it then I'd have won plenty of cash!

You'd be a very wealthy man if you would of made that bet. Not like any sane bookmaker would take it, lol.

It's not that I don't like is as such, it looks cool. It's just that because I was such an active member, I took a liking to the old skin, it was ease of access, I knew it inside out. This one is more graphically intense and it will take some getting used to because it is very different.

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Personally, so far I've found the new format more user friendly and it seems to load more quickly (on my netbook anyway). I like it alot

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I like the look of the new forum. I think the addition of seeing who likes the posts is good,i think there was something similar on the forum a number of yrs ago or maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

its too colourful and happy..its hurting my eyes..i liked it when it was dull and boring..it made me feel kind of superior..now thats gone...damn you all...damn you all to helltongue.png

Posted

hi Paul

How does one get a spell check on a post prior to posting it please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

there was a spellcheck?....lol

i might be missing something, but i cannot find how to post a multiquote after taging one...

Posted

Spell check seems to be working ok in chrome and firefox, if you're using IE then you must have IEspell installed, in which case it's worth updating to the latest version:

http://www.iespell.com/

For multi quotes, a small popup appears bottom right when you multiquote any posts, clicking the reply button in that does the trick.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone - good to know the majority seem to be liking it :D

Posted

Ah, an update. So it's not the iPad gone funny :unsure:

I'll get used to it..............in a month or so

Keep up the good work boys

Posted

No problems with any bugs in the change over, but not keen on knowing who has liked /+ a reputation on a post. It's nice to know who likes what you have posted, but I feel it should be kept anonymous.

See where you're coming from, there is the option to turn the votes back to being private again but personally I think there's something to be gained by making it transparent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

I like it, am I right in saying the fast reply and other reply has gone now? Now its just only one place we can reply from?