Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Winter's Tale

Your Worst Nights Sleep

Your Worst Nights Sleep  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours sleep did you have

• 0 Hours
    • Half an Hour
    • An Hour
    • Two Hours
    • Three Hours
    • Four Hours
    • Five Hours
    • Six Hours
    • Seven Hours
    • 8 hours or more

Worst Night sleep?

Well I once had 3 or 4 hours sleep last Christmas and was awake to 10pm where I feel asleep on the couch.

during my labour and giving birth. Woke up at around 9.am on 31st Jan 2000, went in labour that evening, managed to grab a very disturbed hour 3 days later once I returned from hospital at some point on 3rd Jan 2001 and took around 2 years to recover :lol:

3 days on 1 hours sleep and giving birth... :closedeyes:

probably camping a few months back, only slept for one hour...heavy rain and strong winds in a tent is not really the best way to get a good nights sleep

An Hour!

How did you recover the next day?

I usually fall asleep even when I'm trying not to. However I feel I am becoming a bit of an insomniac as I have struggled to fall asleep. One night I was awake till 6am and slept til luchtime. I probably think too much about sleep and worry about having a bad dream or the thought of being "out" for a few hours.

After last night I would imagine plenty of people had no sleep. One guy on the news had no sleep and he seemed positively awake.

Years ago when I was young free and single I once worked a late shift finishing at 22:00 then went to an all night party and still made it to work for an early shift at 06:00 the next morning without any sleep at all (I did make it home to have a shower) but when I finished at 14:00 that day I slept round the clock and into the first 12 hours of my rest day !!

Years ago when I was young free and single I once worked a late shift finishing at 22:00 then went to an all night party and still made it to work for an early shift at 06:00 the next morning without any sleep at all (I did make it home to have a shower) but when I finished at 14:00 that day I slept round the clock and into the first 12 hours of my rest day !!

When did you start your late shift?

I can't imagine doing two days of work and a party with no sleep!

many sleepness nights!.......several when my eldest son was born, as he was definitely a 'nightowl' as an newborn!

numerous sleepless nights during my tenure with the RAF whilst on base guard duties...

and with the new arrival just 10 weeks away, many more sleepless nights are just around the corner!

Worst Night sleep?

Well I once had 3 or 4 hours sleep last Christmas and was awake to 10pm where I feel asleep on the couch.

ha! ha! wait til you've got babies, you won't remember your worst night's sleep, your thread would be " your best night's sleep" !!!

many sleepness nights!.......several when my eldest son was born, as he was definitely a 'nightowl' as an newborn!

numerous sleepless nights during my tenure with the RAF whilst on base guard duties...

and with the new arrival just 10 weeks away, many more sleepless nights are just around the corner!

I can't believe how many sleepless nights you've had. I believe that sometime in your life you will have a sleepless night or something. Experts try to say that six hours sleep isn't enough though some people claim that the brain only needs at least half an hours sleep.

When I used to work early shift at work I slept atrociously. Mainly because I knew I had to be up at 4.30am and would have a 10 hour shift infront of me so if I didn't sleep I would be knackered during my shift. I guess this is a form of sleep anxiety. Sometimes I'd be lucky and have a couple of hours sleep and sometimes I would just lie awake until my alarm went off, get ready, do my shift and still not be able to sleep once back from work. Once I did pretty much a solid 36 hours awake.

When I used to work early shift at work I slept atrociously. Mainly because I knew I had to be up at 4.30am and would have a 10 hour shift infront of me so if I didn't sleep I would be knackered during my shift. I guess this is a form of sleep anxiety. Sometimes I'd be lucky and have a couple of hours sleep and sometimes I would just lie awake until my alarm went off, get ready, do my shift and still not be able to sleep once back from work. Once I did pretty much a solid 36 hours awake.

36 hours awake! Some people just fall asleep driving with 18 hours with no sleep.

I can't believe how many sleepless nights you've had. I believe that sometime in your life you will have a sleepless night or something. Experts try to say that six hours sleep isn't enough though some people claim that the brain only needs at least half an hours sleep.

That proves the current violence is mindless....rioters don't need sleep as they don't have a brain between them...lol

must admit, over the years I've become acclimatised to not getting much kip at night...although now I've hit 40 (nearly 41) I keep on getting the urge to curl up during the afternoon...I call 'em 'combat kips'...lol.......oh dear, middle age is creeping in!

36 hours awake! Some people just fall asleep driving with 18 hours with no sleep.

Yeah, no word of a lie, I feel ill just thinking about how bad I felt. I was good for nothing by the time I did fall asleep. I'd wake up the day before my shift, be awake all day, try and go to bed, not end up sleeping, get up for work, do my shift, then go home and be awake for a few hours and then finally get to sleep.

I tried telling work about my sleep anxiety but they seemed to not take it too seriously, they did start putting me on 12.00- 10.00 shifts though in all fairness which suits me so much better.

Yeah, no word of a lie, I feel ill just thinking about how bad I felt. I was good for nothing by the time I did fall asleep. I'd wake up the day before my shift, be awake all day, try and go to bed, not end up sleeping, get up for work, do my shift, then go home and be awake for a few hours and then finally get to sleep.

I tried telling work about my sleep anxiety but they seemed to not take it too seriously, they did start putting me on 12.00- 10.00 shifts though in all fairness which suits me so much better.

Are you or have you been concerned about having a lack of sleep.

Are you or have you been concerned about having a lack of sleep.

It's only when I know I have to be up early, like I said later starts are fine and starting at 8am, for example, wouldn't have bothered me. I would dwell about having to be up early, this would make me restless and made me feel like my heart was racing, leading to frustration and even more inability to sleep.

It's only when I know I have to be up early, like I said later starts are fine and starting at 8am, for example, wouldn't have bothered me. I would dwell about having to be up early, this would make me restless and made me feel like my heart was racing, leading to frustration and even more inability to sleep.

Have you spoken to an expert about it. In my opinion there is exaggeration about sleep deprivation as some US doctors say that having just 5 hours sleep for one night isn't enough. I think if you have three or four hours sleep a night you are okay and with one night with no or little sleep thrown in would still be fine. Some scientists say 30 mins only need for our brains.

Back in 2008 we had a very early connection to Birmingham Airport for an early flight to Majorca. Having been awake from about 7am the previous day and needing to be up through the night it wasnt till about 3pm the next day I finally could sleep meaning about 33 hours awake. I couldnt keep my eyes open any more after about 30 hours and every opportunity I had on the transfer taxi to our destination in Majorca I kept shutting my eyes!

The night before whilst at Bham Airport I was very tired at about1-2am but by 3am I remember suddenly feeling fresh and awake and ready to face new tasks! :lol: Not that it lasted many hours but it seemed after a certain time, I opened a gate to a few more hours of liveliness! :lol:

Have you spoken to an expert about it. In my opinion there is exaggeration about sleep deprivation as some US doctors say that having just 5 hours sleep for one night isn't enough. I think if you have three or four hours sleep a night you are okay and with one night with no or little sleep thrown in would still be fine. Some scientists say 30 mins only need for our brains.

99% of the time I'm fine. I get about 8 hours of sleep a night on average now. I think the trouble is that I'm a student and I'm used to being up until 2am on a nightly basis so my body is used to sleeping at this time or later. Obviously when I used to have to be up for 4.30 I'd try and sleep around 8-9pm but would find myself not being able to sleep and that's where the frustration would begin for the night. This was not made easier by other people in the house being loud and rattling around until 1am.

Perhaps resting may help your body save some energy. I mean resting in being awake or even your eyes open as you have seat or rest on the bed, watch tv....

Perhaps resting may help your body save some energy. I mean resting in being awake or even your eyes open as you have seat or rest on the bed, watch tv....

Aye that does help if you're ever in that situation. Been a breath of fresh air since I changed shifts, don't think I could have carried on doing the 5.30 starts. Like I said I'm an 8 hour kind of guy now :)

When did you start your late shift?

I can't imagine doing two days of work and a party with no sleep!

2pm in the afternoon, but I had slept late into that morning knowing I was going to the party after work - and I lost count of the number of strong black coffee's I drank on that early shift doh.gif

Back in 2008 we had a very early connection to Birmingham Airport for an early flight to Majorca. Having been awake from about 7am the previous day and needing to be up through the night it wasnt till about 3pm the next day I finally could sleep meaning about 33 hours awake. I couldnt keep my eyes open any more after about 30 hours and every opportunity I had on the transfer taxi to our destination in Majorca I kept shutting my eyes!

The night before whilst at Bham Airport I was very tired at about1-2am but by 3am I remember suddenly feeling fresh and awake and ready to face new tasks! :lol: Not that it lasted many hours but it seemed after a certain time, I opened a gate to a few more hours of liveliness! :lol:

Yeah that's your 'second wind' It appears it's quite common to become exhausted then suddenly perk up for a few hours before finally succumbing to shut eye.

I've had a fair few nights where i haven't slept (both deliberately or unintentionally). Oddly enough, i tend to feel perfectly awake and i only feel tired if i get more than 2 hours sleep.

An interesting thread and feel free to move to the appropriate thread if not deemed on topic MODS. :good:

I'm not working currently and I must say I can sleep for 8-10 hours easily, however in general I try not to!

Because, of course, once you get into layabout territory, it becomes hard to break the cycle so currently I try to further educate myself by reading a lot etc amongst many other things.

Unless of course.....

you have to get up early to rob the state benefits at 8 in the morning

mug an old pensioner on the way back from the job centre

film the mugging on yer mobile and send it to all chav friends

go shopping at tesco's for cheap beer

light a spliff or two on way back

maybe eat a mcdonalds for lunch (if you have time)

email or text friends on way back

more booze and some additional energy drinks

then it's time for some evening or night-time looting/thuggery/rape/murder.

How do these robbing thugs sleep at night, that's the question?

The victims. The perpertraitors. Society is going downhill and I apologise for hijacking the thread, somewhat!

Time for me to hit the hay, take care and don't get dragged down by the MINORTY.

Cheers and good night. :lazy:

gottolovethisweather

I work a shift pattern which requires me to work nights, have 48 hours off and then switch to days very quickly (e.g. finish 7am Monday, back 6.30am Wednesday). After my last night shift I go to bed at 7am and then have to set an alarm for 1pm otherwise Ill not be able to adjust ready for my day shift. Anyway, to cut a long story short, many times Ive slept through by accident meaning I got no sleep that night, 4 hours the night after and then had to go to work and do another 12.5 hour day shift after that!

It pretty much means from waking up after that sleep I got just 4 hours sleep in the next 56 hours!

This happens frequently too. Even worse is when I get called in on that second day (Im on call on all of my days off), then Ill have to do two 12.5 hour shifts aswell in those 56 hours!

• Spring warmth and sunshine this weekend but we've got to stay at home

In normal times we'd be talking about the excellent timing of the sunshine and warmth coming through at the weekend. But of course,a0these aren't normal times, so even though temperatures could get to 20-21c in places tomorrow, we're all going to have to enjoy it from home. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 1

Weather forecasting concerns as number of aircraft observations plummet

Changes in the weather world as observations reduce from aircraft and on land in the time of global pandemic. Less initial data to input into the computer models. AMDAR AIREP Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 1