Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

20 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Rather overcast and grey with low cloud coming in from the sea. Got rather dark at lunchtime though and had a rather torrential downpour over Peterlee but since then it has returned to overcast grey skies and a little chilly too, feels quite autumnal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

No thunder whatsoever today. First real let down of 2011!

Posted

Spotted this funnel cloud as i was driving home :)

post-9173-0-09259200-1311183586_thumb.jp

post-9173-0-82952900-1311183597_thumb.jp

Edited by TomWlx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Very slow moving dark cloud to my East along the River Severn and also to my South towards Bristol. Nothing yet though, I think it'll probably just pass over and not produce anything. Looks threatening though.

Posted

The really dark clouds has only brought light rain,thought it was going to pour down,Also my sis has just sent me a pic of a funnel cloud in the south gloucester area.

Posted

How greedy are you! Some people like Paul and jane haven't had anything! You've had what 10 storms, just be thankful for what you have had and stop moaning about one let down, some of us have been let down on every single occassion!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Spotted this funnel cloud as i was driving home :)

Nice photo's Tom :drinks:

Posted

bloody typical, the activity the north east has had over the last week, now decides it will move across to our area, but of course its not thundery nownonono.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

You taking the mickey? Some of us have had NOTHING this summer, You lot have had more thunder days this month alone than I for one have experienced in the last 3 years.

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted

Incredible rainfall here at the minute :shok:

not a drop here mate. But can see what you have over your area at the moment on radar, and it has grown over the last half hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

well, what an active day it's been. Thank-you mother nature!

:help:

Posted

I'd have thought so Tom, good photos you got too.

An excellent explanation of Funnel Clouds by Ian Fergusson on BBC Points West along with several pictures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

You taking the mickey? Some of us have had NOTHING this summer, You lot have had more thunder days this month alone than I for one have experienced in the last 3 years.

To be fair I think the Newcastle mob have got something to feel slightly disappointed about.

The BBC tantamount to promised "vicious thunderstorms" today, when in all honesty they were not THAT likely, and ultimately never materialised!

Much like I was GUTTED on the 27th June (though relieved on the 28th :D) when storms were, effectively, promised by pretty much every weather agency going, it can be a thorough let down when storms are given so much air time on forecasts.

I've had 8 thunder days so far this year, but only one of those days I would consider a proper thunderstorm day. So far this year IMO has been pretty disappointing - not a single night time storm since June 4th last year and everything since has been isolated crackle bang other than the 28th June this year.

Sometimes its not the number of times you've heard thunder, it's the nature of the storm you get. Like I say, I've had 8 but have found 2011 to be pretty disappointing so far (albeit miles better than last year)

Posted

What we need is a good old Convergence day down in the SE :whistling: Might get shot for that Statement from our friends in the North West and West Midlands!

But.................Never before seen picture I just found on my Old Laptop from the 15th June 2009!

This CZ Line actually produced a Tornado on the Essex and Suffolk Border later this day.

Shot is looking North East from the South Bank with Blackfriars Bridge in the Foreground

:drinks:

post-24-0-68099500-1311195498_thumb.jpg

Harry will appreciate this - In the days we USED To get T-Storms in the Uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

How greedy are you! Some people like Paul and jane haven't had anything! You've had what 10 storms, just be thankful for what you have had and stop moaning about one let down, some of us have been let down on every single occassion!

11 actually :p

Just joking guys! I'd be happy if there was no more thunder in this country this year now. In fact I'm sick of the garage getting flooded.